+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah but since you entered those countries that means you held the visitor status?
I think it's neither here nor there. With previous versions of form CIT0002, the drop down options were indeed residence or citizenship like @Jakev mentioned but the latest iteration (i.e. CIT 0002 (10-2020)E) now include citizen, PR, student visa, work visa, visitor visa etc. So, I'd personally advice to include all visitor visa if you can remember them (and especially if they stamped your visa upon entry/exit).

Reactions: Geno.uss

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I think it's neither here nor there. With previous versions of form CIT0002, the drop down options were indeed residence or citizenship like @Jakev mentioned but the latest iteration (i.e. CIT 0002 (10-2020)E) now include citizen, PR, student visa, work visa, visitor visa etc. So, I'd personally advice to include all visitor visa if you can remember them (and especially if they stamped your visa upon entry/exit).
Interesting- any idea when did this form get released?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
If I were you I would still declare everything, better to be on the safe side
I did not and am in the home stretch - BG cleared (with FP requested) and test completed/updated too.
Shall play by the ear.

• Haha

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I did not and am in the home stretch - BG cleared (with FP requested) and test completed/updated too.
Shall play by the ear.
Yeah well just because you cleared all that doesn't mean you're in the clear, they might still ask you for copies of all of your passports pages in the last 5 years. If there's stamps then you'll have a bit of explanation to do. If you aren't hiding anything just send them a webform tell them you forgot to mention this and that and they'll add it to your file. Better if you come forward first and explain to them than IRCC discovering it later on their own. Also hiding stuff from IRCC is never a good thing even if you got your citizenship they can revoke it anytime even after years down the line if they discovered later on that you have lied or hid something during the process. It's not worth it but in the end it's up to you ..

• Haha
Reactions: Jakev

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Yeah well just because you cleared all that doesn't mean you're in the clear, they might still ask you for copies of all of your passports pages in the last 5 years. If there's stamps then you'll have a bit of explanation to do. If you aren't hiding anything just send them a webform tell them you forgot to mention this and that and they'll add it to your file. Better if you come forward first and explain to them than IRCC discovering it later on their own. Also hiding stuff from IRCC is never a good thing even if you got your citizenship they can revoke it anytime even after years down the line if they discovered later on that you have lied or hid something during the process. It's not worth it but in the end it's up to you ..
I already sent all pages of my passport, both current and expired- so I’m pretty sure I’m safe. Like I said, to each his own and we’ll play by the ear when it comes to translation of passport stamps.

• Haha

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Just so to add, they’re NOT gonna revoke someone’s citizenship because they didn’t translate a bloody UAE stamp (That’s the only place I have ever been to on a transit visa) ! The process of canceling a citizenship is onerous and has legalities in addition to technicalities to it.

• Haha

I am an online applicant received AOR on 16th Feb,2022. Now I want to travel outside Canada for 3 months because I know there mostly will not be any test invite for us anytime soon. Do I need to inform IRCC about my travel because when I checked it says u can travel outside Canada but u just have to maintain ur permanent resident status.
Because webform response wll take a lot of time. So confused pls help
No need to inform, especially if you are back before taking the test/oath. Just maintain PR status, like you said.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Just so to add, they’re NOT gonna revoke someone’s citizenship because they didn’t translate a bloody UAE stamp (That’s the only place I have ever been to on a transit visa) ! The process of canceling a citizenship is onerous and has legalities in addition to technicalities to it.
Lol who said they're going to revoke citizenship because you did not translate your stamps, maybe you should go back and read and understand what I said above. That happens if someone is hiding or lying about something then technically they can even if it's not an easy process they can do it...no need to get sarcastic or defensive if you aren't hiding anything then good for you, but you shouldn't advice people to not mention things and hide and to follow what you did if it's not the right way and if you're "trying to help". Plus translating those passport stamps is a must if they aren't in English or French and that's a requirement by IRCC and if you don't translate them this might cause delays and they might ask you to send a translation. Also one of the reasons why they ask for passport pages is because they want to check if what someone mentioned in their application was true and that they aren't hiding anything because not everyone gets that request if they applied online but since you were a paper applicant then you had to submit those upfront anyways which means you showed them everything before hand

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jakev