+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Sonash

Feb 12, 2022
The best time to reach them is as soon as they open in the morning. It will take up to 40 minutes for an agent to answer
Hey Guys,

What time zone does this IRCC number operates - 8882422100? I thought IRCC operates at 8am EST, but seems like not. I called on this number at 8.15am EST and it says our offices are closed. I am calling from Vancouver and my phone number is Calgary based. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Sonash

Feb 12, 2022
Hey Guys,

What time zone does this IRCC number operates - 8882422100? I thought IRCC operates at 8am EST, but seems like not. I called on this number at 8.15am EST and it says our offices are closed. I am calling from Vancouver and my phone number is Calgary based. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Tried reaching at Calgary 8am and call went through but even at 8am when IRCC just opened, the auto recording said that they are experiencing high volume of calls and can't connect to any office. Any other option for reaching out to IRCC, Tried webform multiple times- 2 months and no response, Tried calling at every possible time of the day, not working.
IRCC has an office in Vancouver, anyone with any experience? Or how about reaching out to MLA of my area? Thoughts?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi Guys,

Wanted to tell you if....... few min a go, I passed the test, yippyyyyy . got temporary score 20 out of 20 ( I still dont believe my self if I could do it).
My time for the test is Mar 25 to Apr 14, 2022.

I got a notice for the test from my tracker account but didnt get any information or instruction to my email, till I signed in for the test (not to start the test).
----- Take the online citizenship test - Canada.ca
After read the information and clicked all boxes, I clicked to send the link to my email. Few min later, I got the link on my email and clicked it for starting the test.
Before i started the test, I need to take pic two times tru the webcam. 1st to take a pic of my pic ID and 2nd to take a pic of my self online (just follow the instruction).
Then.. started the test...
20 questions for 30 minutes.

For the test preparation, I've read the book of discovery of Canada 3-4 times and studied the free test online ( Canadian Citizenship Test 2022 (414 Questions - updated) - YouTube ) .. this is based on my own experience, not for adv.
I cant share you the questions of the tests I've done because at the beginning of the test, I clicked the box that I can not reveal the test to anyone but the clue is.. no date nor year be asked.
note : dont be scared. For me, out there the online test for the preparation are way more difficult than the real test but better to be over prepared then regret...

Next step the CIC will review and confirm my official test result.

I am originally from Alberta but I moved to Yukon Territory. Is it necessary to change my address? While I paid the Canada post $280 to forward my mails from Alberta to YT for a year.

OMG my heart still beating so fast LOL
good luck for everyone

JP Folla

Mar 29, 2022
Congratulations!! I received my AOR on the 10th of Feb and no invitation yet. Did you ask for an urgent process? Thanks

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Congratulations!! I received my AOR on the 10th of Feb and no invitation yet. Did you ask for an urgent process? Thanks
Oh thanks.
No I dont ask for any urgent.. actually I didnt know if there was LOL
Your invitation will be there, I believe that.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi Guys,

Wanted to tell you if....... few min a go, I passed the test, yippyyyyy . got temporary score 20 out of 20 ( I still dont believe my self if I could do it).

I got a notice for the test from my tracker account but didnt get any information or instruction to my email, till I signed in for the test (not to start the test).
After read the information and clicked all boxes, I clicked to send the link to my email. Few min later, I got the link on my email and clicked it for starting the test.
Before i started the test, I need to take pic two times tru the webcam. 1st to take a pic of my pic ID and 2nd to take a pic of my self online (just follow the instruction).

For the test preparation, I've read the book of discovery of Canada 3-4 times and studied the free test online ( Canadian Citizenship Test 2022 (414 Questions - updated) - YouTube ) .. this is based on my own experience, not for adv.
I cant share you the questions of the tests I've done because at the beginning of the test, I clicked the box that I can not reveal the test to anyone but the clue is.. no date nor year be asked.
note : dont be scared. For me, out there the online test for the preparation are way more difficult than the real test but better to be over prepared then regret...

I am originally from Alberta but I moved to Yukon Territory. Is it necessary to change my address? While I paid the Canada post $280 to forward my mails from Alberta to YT for a year.

good luck for everyone
Congratulations!
You still need to inform them of your address update especially that you moved to a different province. They need to know your current address for processing your application, they will send the application to your local IRCC office in your province so make sure you do update them with your new address through webform

Reactions: Nadaa

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Congratulations!
You still need to inform them of your address update especially that you moved to a different province. They need to know your current address for processing your application, they will send the application to your local IRCC office in your province so make sure you do update them with your new address through webform
Thanks.
I did it twice tru On-Line Services (cic.gc.ca) and webform

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
How can we ask for urgent processing? Is there any criteria for it?
Yes there is a criteria that you have to meet to be eligible for urgent processing and here it is based on IRCC website:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

needing Canadian citizenship to:
apply for a job
avoid losing your job
go to a Canadian school, college or university
needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Here is the link as well for the process of applying: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Keep in mind even if you meet the eligibility criteria and you apply for urgent processing there is no guarantee that it will get accepted. It is up to IRCC's discretion. A lot of people try the apply for a job option but it's not simple because you have to prove that you really need it for a job given that most jobs here in Canada allow permanent residents. Only high security jobs don't but I think they ask for proof and it's not simple.

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

good luck for everyone
Wow congrats, awesome experience.