+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
This is ECAS for someone who is going to take the Oath soon, did not even get a test invitation email but they were able to do the test because they saw they were scheduled for it on the new tracker, and the Oath was shown on the new tracker weeks before receiving the invitation for it.

Do you still believe it provides more detail?

Chetabhim

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
I am happy for all the applicants who applied on paper and their file is moving quicker but that’s kind of unfair to online applicants.Also , it kind of defeats the purpose of starting online submissions.

Reactions: mbaleine and dj0

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I am happy for all the applicants who applied on paper and their file is moving quicker but that’s kind of unfair to online applicants.Also , it kind of defeats the purpose of starting online submissions.
Yep exactly, we are very unlucky. We are gonna be waiting months for a test invite

Reactions: Chetabhim

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
This is ECAS for someone who is going to take the Oath soon, did not even get a test invitation email but they were able to do the test because they saw they were scheduled for it on the new tracker, and the Oath was shown on the new tracker weeks before receiving the invitation for it.

Do you still believe it provides more detail?
This indeed does not look like providing more details. Maybe I had it wrong.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yep exactly, we are very unlucky. We are gonna be waiting months for a test invite
I have the feeling that since this system is very new, they still do not have trained personnel to use it and might be still in the process of migrating to this system. Once they migrate, I feel like they are going to streamline and the number of applications processed going to be increasing dramatically. Since that's going to create more workload for test and oath events, they might be trying to finish the paper-based apps early as they can.

Reactions: Chetabhim

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I have the feeling that since this system is very new, they still do not have trained personnel to use it and might be still in the process of migrating to this system. Once they migrate, I feel like they are going to streamline and the number of applications processed going to be increasing dramatically. Since that's going to create more workload for test and oath events, they might be trying to finish the paper-based apps early as they can.
It is not new anymore this online system has been in use for around 2 years now. The applicants who first applied online in 2020 were processed fast because they were teaching their staff how to use the system. Now since the staff have learned how to use the system, they put online applications on hold to process paper ones faster so they would get rid of the paper backlog. The only way they could speed this up is by either letting the system process most things automatically or by hiring more officers and bring back in person tests and oaths. They are always slow and processing things in a way that doesn't make sense at all. They want to get rid of paper backlog and encourage people to apply online but then they go and process paper faster and leave online applications hanging. People are noticing this and there's a lot of people applying by paper now and this will add to the backlog. Instead of doing this they should focus on processing online applications faster so people would want to apply online only and less people would apply by paper...
I remember reading a post here somewhere about a document from IRCC and their plan for 2022 year and it does show in their plan that they'd be focusing on citizenship paper applicants more than online so I wouldn't be very optimistic about them speeding up this year if that's their plan

Last edited:

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
According to the document someone shared in different thread ( link below page 39 ) I don't think online application is going to be faster than paper.
on their processing strategy, they will process the paper backlog while processing a small portion of e-application.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

Reactions: mbaleine

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hello.
Can someone please help me add my details to the tracker:

Application for Family, 3 People, Paper Application
Application Sent: 23rd Dec 2021
Application received: 29th Dec 2021
AOR: 18th Feb 2022
Application processing started: 12th March 2022
Background Completed: 24th March 2022

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Web form response times are over a month if they even reply at all.
Oh no. Oh no, oh no no no no no .... :eek: In the past they used to answer within 10 days max. I read in the Urgent processing thread that some people got answer within a week, some after 2 months still no reply. Any ideas how to push ? MPs or MPPs still do the follow up?

Chetabhim

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
I am an online applicant received AOR on 16th Feb,2022. Now I want to travel outside Canada for 3 months because I know there mostly will not be any test invite for us anytime soon. Do I need to inform IRCC about my travel because when I checked it says u can travel outside Canada but u just have to maintain ur permanent resident status.
Because webform response wll take a lot of time. So confused pls help

JP Folla

Mar 29, 2022
Application for single
Application Sent: 02nd Dec 2021
Application Received: 06th Dec 2021
Application filed: 26 Jan 2022
AOR: 10th Feb 2022
Application in process: 09th March 2022
Background Completed: 10th March 2022

Thank you and please update!

Geno.uss