Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi @Nadaa,

This link below is what I meant by old eCAS (not the one you linked for your PR application):

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Since you are a paper applicant, you should be able to create an account and see when your application actually went in process. It's not as detailed as the new tracker (the one you posted above) but it has some features like actual in process and decision made date that the new tracker doesn't have. Also, you can change your address directly from there without webforms or contacting IRCC.

Good luck with your test.
@mohoozee ... you are awesome
I checked the link you gave- https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do ... Indeed, so easy to update my address lol
I could see that the AOR on Jan 26, and They started processing my application on Feb 15...
Somehow made me think, why do take 2 accounts for us for getting complete information upon our application... why not into one door to anywhere.
Anyhow it works that way.. It is what it is....

Thanks for the wish, I need it :)
Cheers, good luck for other

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
Family of 4
Initial application sent on Oct 4th
Application delivered on Oct 7th
File returned due to incomplete Dec 13th
Application delivered again on Dec 17th
Received AOR on Feb 15th

I can see my online status for me and my spouse the last updated on March 9th where as my 2 kids still shows last updated date on Feb 16th. But I cannot see any change for mine and my wife's application. What does that mean showing the last update Mar 9th but didn't see anything else, I can see everything is in progress?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Family of 4
Initial application sent on Oct 4th
Application delivered on Oct 7th
File returned due to incomplete Dec 13th
Application delivered again on Dec 17th
Received AOR on Feb 15th

I can see my online status for me and my spouse the last updated on March 9th where as my 2 kids still shows last updated date on Feb 16th. But I cannot see any change for mine and my wife's application. What does that mean showing the last update Mar 9th but didn't see anything else, I can see everything is in progress?
That's what many on this forum are calling "ghost update" which means your file has been accessed recently by an IRCC officer. All things being equal, you should see an update (probably background verification completed) in the next few days.

As for your kids, you won't see any update for them until the end of the whole process (i.e. when you have all been granted citizenship).

Hope that helps.

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
That's what many on this forum are calling "ghost update" which means your file has been accessed recently by an IRCC officer. All things being equal, you should see an update (probably background verification completed) in the next few days.

As for your kids, you won't see any update for them until the end of the whole process (i.e. when you have all been granted citizenship).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your swift response. Is there anyone here who got that ghost update and after few days got a background check cleared?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for your swift response. Is there anyone here who got that ghost update and after few days got a background check cleared?
Yes, a lot of them littered all over the forum.

I'm not necessarily saying it will be the same for you. Perhaps, maybe your application just went to "in process" and that's what the ghost update indicates.

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
Yes, a lot of them littered all over the forum.

I'm not necessarily saying it will be the same for you. Perhaps, maybe your application just went to "in process" and that's what the ghost update indicates.
It was already in progress before the last date updated. I am saying in progress since I got my AOR

khushit

Nov 6, 2021
Hi friends, we (husband + I) applied for our citizenship application in December, and got our AOR in February. IRCC requested fingerprints from my husband on Saturday, which we provided immediately on Saturday. Today my status got updated to Background check completed. We are just trying to see how much the fingerprinting will delay our processing? Any experiences will be appreciated.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi friends, we (husband + I) applied for our citizenship application in December, and got our AOR in February. IRCC requested fingerprints from my husband on Saturday, which we provided immediately on Saturday. Today my status got updated to Background check completed. We are just trying to see how much the fingerprinting will delay our processing? Any experiences will be appreciated.
That depends we don't really know because each person is different

Mar 22, 2022
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,750 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 14, 2021
Delivered: December 16, 2021
AOR: Feb 16 2022
In Progress (ecas): March 16, 2022
Background Check complete: March 21, 2022

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,750 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 14, 2021
Delivered: December 16, 2021
AOR: Feb 16 2022
In Progress (ecas): March 16, 2022
Background Check complete: March 21, 2022
wow i should have applied by paper...

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Just a quick question. I am checking my application status in the new citizenship application tracker not in ECAS. Should I create profile in ECAS as well? Do both the trackers provide the same details? (I am an online applicant)

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Just a quick question. I am checking my application status in the new citizenship application tracker not in ECAS. Should I create profile in ECAS as well? Do both the trackers provide the same details? (I am an online applicant)
There is no such thing as an ECAS profile. You cannot use ECAS tracking for online applications.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017

I find ecas more detailed. Also, based on some posts I've read here, online applicants are unable to access ecas.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Thank you both @wksj and @Survivor27 for your prompt replies. That makes sense. I am unable to access ECAS when I tried to do so. Now I know that may be because I am an online applicant. That's unfortunate as I also believe ECAS provides more detail. Thank you again!

Reactions: Survivor27