+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Eishaan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
What does AOR look like? I received this email and I am confuse if this is already AOR or just email saying they created my application in their system

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker

Dear Client,
Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on December 22, 2021 and is currently in progress.
You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.
The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:
  • your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:
  • your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.
We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

There is no application number given So I cant check the status online
This is the second email they send after sending the AOR one initially. So you should’ve received the AOR email earlier.

Reactions: Clemency30

Sonash

Feb 12, 2022
It really confuses me because in the email they did not provide me any application number. They just forwarded me the link on how to check status of application. That link requires UCI email address and application number (which I dont have)
Hey,
I got the same email and issue. No AOR, just email to track without any application #. I submitted webform twice and still waiting to get a response from IRCC.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
BG completed yesterday, 14-Mar-2022. Timeline is on my signature.

Reactions: sureshcoim

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All
I want to plan a visit outside canada for around one and half month.
please if anyone can provide information about My questions
Do i need to send my visit information ?
Did anyone gave citizenship test from outside canada( can we do that) ?
Any information about this appreciated

Thank you

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Hi All
I want to plan a visit outside canada for around one and half month.
please if anyone can provide information about My questions
Do i need to send my visit information ?
Did anyone gave citizenship test from outside canada( can we do that) ?
Any information about this appreciated

Thank you
You can travel outside of Canada. You can notify IRCC via a web form. You can take the citizenship test outside of Canada when invited by IRCC, and you'll have to send in a request for taking the test outside of Canada. If you're traveling for 1.5 months, you wouldn't need to worry about the test just yet, as it's taking months and even years to get a citizenship test invitation.

Reactions: pallavi08

Sonash

Feb 12, 2022
The good news for you is that an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) has been created for you so you can be rest assured your application won't be returned. The bad news is you have to navigate the herculean task of getting hold of a call centre agent to provide you with the application number so you can track the application. A few members of this forum have reported the same issue and the only way to get it resolved is via calling the IRCC, webforms usually don't get answered if you don't provide an application number number with your correspondence. Good luck and keep us posted.

As an aside, you are an October applicant not December. You might get more pertinent information posting in the October thread rather than here.
Hi,

Tried calling IRCC multiple times, used different options to get through pre recorded message and reach out to an agent. But, most of the options led to "all our agents are busy, try again later". Tried webform twice and it's almost a month, no response. Will appreciate suggestions

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,

Tried calling IRCC multiple times, used different options to get through pre recorded message and reach out to an agent. But, most of the options led to "all our agents are busy, try again later". Tried webform twice and it's almost a month, no response. Will appreciate suggestions
No suggestions other than calling again or sending another webform. You might get the same answer but there's no other way to communicate with them. If they don't reply you just have to wait unfortunately.

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Hi,

The best time to reach them is as soon as they open in the morning. It will take up to 40 minutes for an agent to answer

Reactions: Sonash

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
You can travel outside of Canada. You can notify IRCC via a web form. You can take the citizenship test outside of Canada when invited by IRCC, and you'll have to send in a request for taking the test outside of Canada. If you're traveling for 1.5 months, you wouldn't need to worry about the test just yet, as it's taking months and even years to get a citizenship test invitation.
Thank you so much
It's helpful.
Yes, your right it might not that early for test.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

Unfortunately, like the other members mentioned, you have to keep trying until you get through (there is a user on this forum that had to try more than a 100 times before he got through to an agent!!! It's crazy but I'm afraid that's the kind of persistence/commitment you need). I have heard there is a better chance of getting through if you call at 8 0'clock on the dot (or a few minutes past 8). Also, I wouldn't bother with webforms, they don't answer them if you don't include an application number which at this point you don't have.

Good luck.

Reactions: Sonash

Sonash

Feb 12, 2022
Unfortunately, like the other members mentioned, you have to keep trying until you get through (there is a user on this forum that had to try more than a 100 times before he got through to an agent!!! It's crazy but I'm afraid that's the kind of persistence/commitment you need). I have heard there is a better chance of getting through if you call at 8 0'clock on the dot (or a few minutes past 8). Also, I wouldn't bother with webforms, they don't answer them if you don't include an application number which at this point you don't have.

Good luck.
Thanks, buddy!

Reactions: Starbuck1210

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Dear all,

Want to update my status..
On March 18, I got a new update that I've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 25, 2022 and April 14, 2022.
It said that Information and instructions will be sent to me but I dont get any email for the instruction yet...
Honestly I am nervous ... Really do nervous lol ..

Oh ya, we are planning to move to other province at the end of this March, should I update my address with them now, or better to wait till I am going to finish a test?
Will keep you posted....

Thanks

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Dear all,

Want to update my status..
On March 18, I got a new update that I've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 25, 2022 and April 14, 2022.
It said that Information and instructions will be sent to me but I dont get any email for the instruction yet...
Honestly I am nervous ... Really do nervous lol ..

Oh ya, we are planning to move to other province at the end of this March, should I update my address with them now, or better to wait till I am going to finish a test?
Will keep you posted....

Thanks
Congratulations @Nadaa, that's a very quick turn around. If you don't mind me asking, when did your application go to "In process" and background verification completed?

Don't worry about it. If you don't get the invite by the test schedule date, you can log in directly via your status tracker during your test window and take the test directly from there without the e-mail.

I see you applied by paper, so you can use the old eCAS to update your address. It is relatively easy and straightforward than sending webforms. I'd wait until you finish the test before updating the address as changing the address might necessitate a rescheduling of test (since another office responsible for your new address will be processing your file going forward). This is just my opinion and not based on any precedent.

Good luck.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Congratulations @Nadaa, that's a very quick turn around. If you don't mind me asking, when did your application go to "In process" and background verification completed?

Don't worry about it. If you don't get the invite by the test schedule date, you can log in directly via your status tracker during your test window and take the test directly from there without the e-mail.

I see you applied by paper, so you can use the old eCAS to update your address. It is relatively easy and straightforward than sending webforms. I'd wait until you finish the test before updating the address as changing the address might necessitate a rescheduling of test (since another office responsible for your new address will be processing your file going forward). This is just my opinion and not based on any precedent.

Good luck.
Thanks @mohoozee
Yep I applied it by paper, Started to process on .. well, got the AOR on Jan 26 and it stated that have begun to process my application. Later on Feb 17 The background verification status has been updated to Completed ( still on process for The language skill; Physical present; and Prohibition)

ahhh thanks for your information regarding the test by log in directly to my status tracker, feel better now :) and I figure it out by now.

My Old eCAS that I used to apply the PR? on that case, I could not because there no option to add an application for granted citizenship, thats why I only use tru https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca for citizenship

Regarding the new address, I agree with you, i will update it once I finish the test.. anyway I gonna use the service to forward any mails from my old address to new address.

Cheers

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks @mohoozee
Yep I applied it by paper, Started to process on .. well, got the AOR on Jan 26 and it stated that have begun to process my application. Later on Feb 17 The background verification status has been updated to Completed ( still on process for The language skill; Physical present; and Prohibition)

ahhh thanks for your information regarding the test by log in directly to my status tracker, feel better now :) and I figure it out by now.

My Old eCAS that I used to apply the PR? on that case, I could not because there no option to add an application for granted citizenship, thats why I only use tru https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca for citizenship

Regarding the new address, I agree with you, i will update it once I finish the test.. anyway I gonna use the service to forward any mails from my old address to new address.

Cheers
Hi @Nadaa,

This link below is what I meant by old eCAS (not the one you linked for your PR application):

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Since you are a paper applicant, you should be able to log in and see when your application actually went in process. It's not as detailed as the new tracker (the one you posted above) but it has some features like actual in process and decision made date that the new tracker doesn't have. Also, you can change your address directly from there without webforms or contacting IRCC.

Good luck with your test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadaa