Just woke up to a tracker update on the citizenship test :D

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,102 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 05, 2021
Delivered: December 05, 2021
AOR: Feb 11, 2022
In progress: Feb 14, 2022
FP requested: Aug 16, 2022 (Email came in on Aug 17, FP done at Global Fingerprinting Services Canada Ltd, Vancouver on Aug 20, 2022 )
Test Invite: Aug 23, 2022 (Just tracker update, no email - Citizenship Test "In progress")
Test Window: Aug 29 - Sep 19, 2022 (Just Tracker Tracker update, no email)
Did you get BG cleared in the tracker ? Or was in Test invite before background cleared ?

eXodus11

Dec 4, 2021
Did you get BG cleared in the tracker ? Or was in Test invite before background cleared ?
BG Verification: In Progress

This is likely because my Fingerprints were requested which doesnt affect the citizenship test to my understanding

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
I applied on Dec 04 and got AOR on Feb 11. My BG is cleared on Aug 18. But I have not yet got test invite. I am getting concerned now. Does the test invite date depend on the office where the application is processed ? I live in Scarborough. Does that mean I will be assigned to the Scarborough office ? Anyone else in my shoes still waiting for test invite ?
you porcessing office is at the end of your AOR letter

Reactions: aphermix

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
you porcessing office is at the end of your AOR letter
Wow thanks for that info. I was searching all over the place on how to know your office.

Yes My AOR ends like this

Citizenship Program(Grants)
Case Processing Centre-Sydney
P.O.Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

Seems I am in the NS Office. That's weird as I live in Scarborough. Why cant they just send it to the Scarborough Office ?

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Is it normal to get BG cleared before test invite? whats the chronological order of things?

everything is "inprogress" except for BG which is complete , and not started for test/ceremony

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Is it normal to get BG cleared before test invite? whats the chronological order of things?

everything is "inprogress" except for BG which is complete , and not started for test/ceremony
Yes clearing BG usually happens before the test. But it is not rare to see the other way round as well. I also have the same status you mentioned.

surbee

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
If the test window is 29th August to 18th September, this means we can give the test starting 29th August 00:00 AM (EST) ? Or do we need to wait until the morning ?

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Wow thanks for that info. I was searching all over the place on how to know your office.

Yes My AOR ends like this

Citizenship Program(Grants)
Case Processing Centre-Sydney
P.O.Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

Seems I am in the NS Office. That's weird as I live in Scarborough. Why cant they just send it to the Scarborough Office ?
Sydney NS is main processing office, they will send the applications to local processing office. For someone residing in Scarborough will most likely have local office as Scarborough. You can confirm it when you get the test invite mail based on the sender email id or when you request for GCMS notes.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I have seen read on this forum that paper applications are faster. I am an online applicant and was wondering why paper applications are processed faster than online ones? Also, is it right to assume that since November and Dec applications are processed, the backlog is getting cleared a bit. Any input will be appreciated.