+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
Hi folks,

Today I scheduled to online interview with officer.
They requested the following documents:
- Two (2) pieces of identification with your photo and signature. These should be the identification documents submitted with your application (i.e. provincial/territorial identification documents).
- All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).
- Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
- All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

I don’t know what they mean by (All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)) does the officer mean all documents that I submitted 20 months ago or just documents that related to my IDs.

I don’t have tickets or booking to mentioned my travelling does the stamps enough.

Does anyone here have the same requests?
How the interview was? Should I translate some stamps in my passports. Two passports are with IRCC, I have just one passport in my possession. Should I show that only?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank uou

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
Update: LPP completed! I saw the change in status today, and it was actually handled 2 days ago.
That was a pretty long wait until my last update (test completed) in October. Several times I considered to contact IRCC, and decided not to do it. Glad it looks like I won't need to!

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Update: LPP completed! I saw the change in status today, and it was actually handled 2 days ago.
That was a pretty long wait until my last update (test completed) in October. Several times I considered to contact IRCC, and decided not to do it. Glad it looks like I won't need to!
Did you get Oath invite? What's the processing office?

byehello1

Jul 21, 2011
Hello Everyone,

The long journey ended today for me as I took an in-person oath at the Mississauga Office. Thank you to everyone on this forum for their support and information. For those still waiting from December 2021, hang in there a little more!

Below is the timeline
Online Application
Brampton
Application Filed: December 06, 2021
AOR: Feb 11, 2022
FP Requested: Sep 01, 2022
Test Completed: Dec 19, 2022
Interview Request: May 03, 2022 (Rescheduled due to strike, the original date was in April)
LPP and Background Completed: May 05, 2022
Oath Date: June 13, 2022

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
Notice to appear!!!
After LPP finally changed to completed on May 30, I did not have high expectations of being able to take my oath soon, though I did check frequently and I was hoping.

My ceremony is June 23rd. YAY!

The tracker has not changed, citizenship ceremony is still "not started". But I admit I care more about the email I received that has all the details in it on when to appear where, and what I need.

Anyway, I'm going to learn the bilingual anthem and buy some Canadian flag themed stuff to decorate my video environment with.
I'm so happy!

Timeline
Type: Online application, Single
Physical Presence: 1806 days
Application submitted: Dec 27, 2021
AOR: Feb 23, 2022
BG Completed: Sep 8, 2022
Test Invite: Sep 16, 2022
Processing Office: Scarborough, ON
Test Taken: Sep 30, 2022
Test Completed: Oct 3, 2022
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: May 30, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: *not started* in tracker -Notice to appear for citizenship oath on June 23rd.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Notice to appear!!!
After LPP finally changed to completed on May 30, I did not have high expectations of being able to take my oath soon, though I did check frequently and I was hoping.

My ceremony is June 23rd. YAY!

The tracker has not changed, citizenship ceremony is still "not started". But I admit I care more about the email I received that has all the details in it on when to appear where, and what I need.

Anyway, I'm going to learn the bilingual anthem and buy some Canadian flag themed stuff to decorate my video environment with.
I'm so happy!

Timeline
Type: Online application, Single
Physical Presence: 1806 days
Application submitted: Dec 27, 2021
AOR: Feb 23, 2022
BG Completed: Sep 8, 2022
Test Invite: Sep 16, 2022
Processing Office: Scarborough, ON
Test Taken: Sep 30, 2022
Test Completed: Oct 3, 2022
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: May 30, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: *not started* in tracker -Notice to appear for citizenship oath on June 23rd.
Congrats! so 2 weeks after the LPP complete. My LPP is June 2, hope I can get Oath date this week.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Type: Online application
Niagara Falls office handling application
Application: Single
Physical presence days is 1115+
Application date: December 18, 2021
Delivered: December 18, 2021
AOR: February 17, 2022
Background check completed: Aug 24, 2022
Test invite: Sep 1, 2022
Test taken: Sep 26, 2022
Test completed: Sep 27, 2022
LPP completed: April 17, 2023
Oath ceremony update on tracker: June 3, 2023
Email for Oath Ceremony: June 8, 2023
Oath ceremony: June 27, 2023
E-certificate option details email: June 9

Last edited:
Reactions: sj1234567

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Got the oath date from the call with IRCC, June 28, 2023. the tracker not update yet.
Very similar timeline.

Dec 17, 2021 Application
Feb 17, 2022, AOR
Sep, 2022 Test Invite
Oct, 2022 Test Completed
April 3, 2023 Background Completed
May 27, 2023 Ghost Update
June 9, 2023 LPP Completed

So in the next week I could probably hear about the Oath / E-cert stuff? Although I am not keeping my hopes up due the past experiences. Lol. Could you explain the content of your email? Is it notice to appear for Oath or is it E-Certificate? What does it say?

Thank you.

Reactions: Geno.uss

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Type: Online application
Niagara Falls office handling application
Application: Single
Physical presence days is 1115+
Application date: December 18, 2021
Delivered: December 18, 2021
AOR: February 17, 2022
Background check completed: Aug 24, 2022
Test invite: Sep 1, 2022
Test taken: Sep 26, 2022
Test completed: Sep 27, 2022
LPP completed: April 17, 2023
Oath ceremony update on tracker: June 3, 2023
Email for Oath Ceremony: June 8, 2023
Oath ceremony: June 27, 2023
E-certificate option details email: June 9
Hi, Is the E-certificate account setup is mandatory or is it only relevant if you are opting for it? Is it possible to get both? Confused what choice to make when it is my time to make the choice. I wonder what the experience of people who used E-cert to apply for passports.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi, Is the E-certificate account setup is mandatory or is it only relevant if you are opting for it? Is it possible to get both? Confused what choice to make when it is my time to make the choice. I wonder what the experience of people who used E-cert to apply for passports.
Hi it's only if you or they opted you for it, not mandatory you can ask to change to paper before the ceremony. You can't get both you need to choose one option either e-certificate or paper certificate as far as I know. E-certificates are acceptable for passports just like paper certificates

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Very similar timeline.

Dec 17, 2021 Application
Feb 17, 2022, AOR
Sep, 2022 Test Invite
Oct, 2022 Test Completed
April 3, 2023 Background Completed
May 27, 2023 Ghost Update
June 9, 2023 LPP Completed

So in the next week I could probably hear about the Oath / E-cert stuff? Although I am not keeping my hopes up due the past experiences. Lol. Could you explain the content of your email? Is it notice to appear for Oath or is it E-Certificate? What does it say?

Thank you.
My tracker updated today(June 15), it shows oath update in progress on June 13, and I received e-certificate email on June 14.

The email contains a letter. here is the letter.

Important information regarding your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate)

You have indicated that you would like to receive your citizenship certificate in an electronic format. In order to access your certificate, you must follow the instructions below.

If you are a representative we strongly encourage you to share this letter with the applicant so that they can download their certificate directly both now and in the future.

Information you will need to download your e-Certificate: (Visit IRCC’s Help Centre for assistance- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=598&top=5)
• Your UCI (XXXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXXXX)
• Your application number (CXXXXXXXXX)
• Your date of birth (YYYY | MM | DD)
Please use the proper browser to access the portal such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Please note that the portal will not work using Internet Explorer.

IRCC Portal
• This is where you will download your e-Certificate.
  • You must first create an account on the IRCC Portal using the email address
    you provided in your Citizenship application. If you have previously used the IRCC Portal for
    a Temporary Residence application you may log in using your existing account.
  • The IRCC Portal can be accessed here: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en
Your Citizenship Ceremony
• At your citizenship ceremony, you will be instructed to submit your Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship with an electronic signature, or a printed and signed PDF attachment.
• Once this information is received, your e-Certificate will be available for download within 2 to 5 business days.

Downloading your e-Certificate
• Log into your IRCC Portal account: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en • Select “Citizenship – Download Citizenship e-Certificate”.
• Enter your UCI, Application number and date of birth.
• Select “download” to access your e-Certificate.
• This will trigger your browser to open or save the file. Additional action might be required depending on your browser.
• You may return to the Portal any time to download your e-Certificate again. • Please visit our IRCC’s Help Centre for more information.

Last edited:

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
You only need to setup when you opt in to e-certificate, e-certificate looks better to me, I can download it from anywhere, print it, and use it to apply passport. I was on travel when I take the oath, so I can just download the e-certificate and don't need to wait the mail