+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Calling IRCC agent will be waste of time. They can see only what you can see and you will get a standard answer that total processing time is 2 years. If you are in Vancouver’s office than May God help us. My application is in similar office. I applied online but my Kids application are paper based still in BG verification. God know what they are verifying for a 11 year old kid.

I have passed my test on 7th Sep and all checks were OK on 12th Oct. but still no oath invite.
Surprisingly my wife became a citizen on 21 November.

I have written this to my MP. Let’s see what response I get.
I'm also from Vancouver. FP requested and received in May 2022. No updates since test completed in June 2022. It's weird because I saw people who got FR requested got their application move very fast. It's been 7 months since FR received but I got no word from IRCC. I'm going to contact MP too.

Last edited:

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Citizenship Application:

Type: Online application, Single
Application submitted: Dec 27, 2021
AOR: Feb. 23 2022
BG Completed: August 18, 2022
Test Invite on Tracker: 26 Oct 2022
Test Taken: nov 19, 2022
Test Marked Complete: Nov 25,2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, Language Skills marked complete: dec 6, 2022
Oath ceremony waiting

Sherwin7

Mar 30, 2016
I'm also from Vancouver. FP requested and received in May 2022. No updates since test completed in June 2022. It's weird because I saw people who got FR requested got their application move very fast. It's been 7 months since FR received but I got no word from IRCC. I'm going to contact MP too.
Receiving finger print request makes the application non routine.. which takes more time than usual. I’m in the same boat

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
wow...not even the opther sections???

ksha3yaa

Dec 29, 2021
I submitted application on December 2021 (Online) also received test(completed and fingerprint(completed) in November. I haven't received AOR yet though. Is this usual ?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I submitted application on December 2021 (Online) also received test(completed and fingerprint(completed) in November. I haven't received AOR yet though. Is this usual ?
This is highly unusual. You do not get test request without an AOR generated from IRCC side. Please check your email inbox for emails in Feb March and April. It should be there. If you still cannot find it, raise a webform for it. Also did you sign up for the tracker account ? If you know your UCI and citizenship application number (should be on your test invitation). You can sign up at the link below and track status of your application.

https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Receiving finger print request makes the application non routine.. which takes more time than usual. I’m in the same boat
I saw people got FR requested but then their application moved very fast within a month after it's received. It cannot take 7+ months to have no updates.

ksha3yaa

Dec 29, 2021
This is highly unusual. You do not get test request without an AOR generated from IRCC side. Please check your email inbox for emails in Feb March and April. It should be there. If you still cannot find it, raise a webform for it. Also did you sign up for the tracker account ? If you know your UCI and citizenship application number (should be on your test invitation). You can sign up at the link below and track status of your application.

https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en
Thank you. I checked emails. I surely don't have AOR from them. I was able to register and login to this portal though and see that my status was last updated on Oct 7th. The status is " Requested fingerprints" . I had done fingerprints on Sep 29th, so I guess this portal is not providing latest status because RCMP wouldn't have sent IRCC notification within a week. Do you know what I can do next to get AOR or get latest status ? Or this is just another federal black hole we cannot communicate with and just wait for months ?

ABhagc

Nov 3, 2022
It’s December 10th and by the time Monday comes in it will be 60 Days completed with no Oath invite for Vancouver Office. I have written MP to write to IRCC to get more resource for Vancouver.

if you are from Vancouver or Calgary you office is mostly ‘West App’ which is Vancouver. Please write to respective MP requesting more resource allocation to Vancouver office.

Also the picking up of application is random. My wife passed test 2 hours after me and she became citizen on 21st November. She got invite on October 12th. I’m seeing there are no updates in Vancouver office after October 12th.

Sherwin7

Mar 30, 2016
It’s December 10th and by the time Monday comes in it will be 60 Days completed with no Oath invite for Vancouver Office. I have written MP to write to IRCC to get more resource for Vancouver.

if you are from Vancouver or Calgary you office is mostly ‘West App’ which is Vancouver. Please write to respective MP requesting more resource allocation to Vancouver office.

Also the picking up of application is random. My wife passed test 2 hours after me and she became citizen on 21st November. She got invite on October 12th. I’m seeing there are no updates in Vancouver office after October 12th.
Man! That is wicked!
Waiting is painful.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Call ircc . Happened with me . No email received but they said they sent me AOR . I called them and got the application ID over the phone. Use your uci to track the application online

kitu123

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019

When did you applied? Nd was it online.