+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2021 AOR - Join here ***

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
how come they are getting PPR when security is not started? Because when i spoke to the agent last time, he said my criminality is in progress and security is not started. Still my BG status is "in progress" in my GC key account.
Yes, more then likely your BG status will never change till you will receive a PPR. It looks like that the agents in the call center have only a partial access to the info on your file and more than likely they do not see updates unless something is physically "pushed" to your profile. You might get a PPR and everything will be marked as passed in the background ;) but who cares at this stage.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
We are the same. We have everything passed apart of criminality which is "in progress" since 21st of February and security not started. Medicals were don on 8th of March but still there is no update on the portal. Web form and email has been sent with info sheets etc. Ive seen few cases were people got a PPR without their medicals status changed on the portal as well.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Yes, more then likely your BG status will never change till you will receive a PPR. It looks like that the agents in the call center have only a partial access to the info on your file and more than likely they do not see updates unless something is physically "pushed" to your profile. You might get a PPR and everything will be marked as passed in the background ;) but who cares at this stage.
Generally, we will receive a 3rd GU and our BG status will change to "We are processing" before getting RFV right? Or this is not the recent trend?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Fingers crossed then.... i havent seen anyone who received positive response from IRCC after having the status change to "in progress"
Maybe they are doing further checks on criminality or security. If this is the case then there will be a delay. People who did not see that status change got the PPR quiet fast however some that saw the status change under their BG also got PPR quiet fast. Maybe it depends on the officer if he or she will push some status changes? It seems like that their status messages are not uniformed across all applications. There should be more of them and the applicaiton on the portal should be updated more often with more detailed information of what is happening.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Maybe they are doing further checks on criminality or security. If this is the case then there will be a delay. People who did not see that status change got the PPR quiet fast however some that saw the status change under their BG also got PPR quiet fast. Maybe it depends on the officer if he or she will push some status changes? It seems like that their status messages are not uniformed across all applications. There should be more of them and the applicaiton on the portal should be updated more often with more detailed information of what is happening.
So we cannot predict anything.... hope we all get PPR soon

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Yes….there BG check changed to application in progress on their 2nd gu
Our BG status is all the time in this status:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Unless I have missed some GU :D

XLNCK4L51

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
It might have not changed…there were some cases with past refusals…i saw their bg check changed to in progress…still not easy to predict how ircc is processing applications…which gu signifies what….i just wish everyone gets their ppr’s in time

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
It might have not changed…there were some cases with past refusals…i saw their bg check changed to in progress…still not easy to predict how ircc is processing applications…which gu signifies what….i just wish everyone gets their ppr’s in time
Well, eligibility is passed in our case same as other things, just criminality and security. I presume they already have medicals they are just not acknowledged on the portal ;) But I have seen many PPRs with the background check not changed at all and medicals as well.

hshn

Mar 11, 2022
I got an ADR on April 21st for detailed CV, field of study, doctoral advisor, and list of publications. Background never changed for me and remained "we are processing...". I had one GU in early March and medical got passed in early Feb.

Ak1664

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
I got an ADR on April 21st for detailed CV, field of study, doctoral advisor, and list of publications. Background never changed for me and remained "we are processing...". I had one GU in early March and medical got passed in early Feb.
Just to confirm, we don't submit a CV when we apply, do we? I mean to IRCC, not the provinces