+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2021 AOR - Join here ***

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
hmmm, it's hard to say, I think only one so far. This is when additional documents changed to - Not Applicable - then we got biometrics update and that's it for now :)

Apr 7, 2022
What was that update ? .. our Medical was passed on Dec-25 and since then no update.. tried calling IRCC couple times.. and no response
No idea, Ghost Update is just when you log in to your profile and it says "Profile/Application Updated", you go in and nothing has changed.

usually a sign that eligibility or criminality has passed, but apparently can be that it was moved to another office as well...

EDIT: I managed to call IRCC today, they said that background checks have been completed, including eligibility.
Processing office is Etobicoke

Last edited:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
No idea, Ghost Update is just when you log in to your profile and it says "Profile/Application Updated", you go in and nothing has changed.

usually a sign that eligibility or criminality has passed, but apparently can be that it was moved to another office as well...

EDIT: I managed to call IRCC today, they said that background checks have been completed, including eligibility.
Processing office is Etobicoke
Including security?

Apr 7, 2022
Including security?
I was dumb and forgot to ask about security, the agent wasn't very open to give any information voluntarily.
She said "the background checks have been completed", then I asked about eligibility and she confirmed it was completed as well.

The phone call has ended with "your file is still in progress, just keep an eye on any correspondence"

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
We are just waiting for IRCC to acknowledge our medicals and everything else is done apart of criminality and security. Criminality is in progress state since 21st of February :) I guess the next update might be a PPR.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Some of people who have criminality in progress and security not started or opposite are getting PPRs as well. It seems like some of the steps are marked as passed in the last stage which is not reflected in your profile
how come they are getting PPR when security is not started? Because when i spoke to the agent last time, he said my criminality is in progress and security is not started. Still my BG status is "in progress" in my GC key account.