+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
How are my Dec 2020 peeps?
My husband had a couple failed attempts at work, because of his English proficiency, but if they had issues they should have noticed that at interview rather than giving him a chance. His english isn't bad, it's fine conversationally, but someone will need to give him patience. He is starting work next Saturday, hopefully that goes well. He is taking a certificate course starting next week and he's doing 1 on 1 English tutoring. He's on a waitlist to have his English assessed so that he can be placed in the right ESL class. Adjusting to a new life, new culture is stressful, not just for the PR, but for the Canadian spouse. I hope you are all staying strong, patient and positive! <3

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
My husband had a couple failed attempts at work, because of his English proficiency, but if they had issues they should have noticed that at interview rather than giving him a chance. His english isn't bad, it's fine conversationally, but someone will need to give him patience. He is starting work next Saturday, hopefully that goes well. He is taking a certificate course starting next week and he's doing 1 on 1 English tutoring. He's on a waitlist to have his English assessed so that he can be placed in the right ESL class. Adjusting to a new life, new culture is stressful, not just for the PR, but for the Canadian spouse. I hope you are all staying strong, patient and positive! <3
My Wife does know english enough to read/write and start a conversation, but she needs to work on understanding grammer and deep enlgish

How do I get her english assessed?

Last week I got her a canadian sim #, and applied for her bank/visa, tried to apply for health card, but they need a bank statement, not just bank profile lol, gnna wait a couple weeks to get that.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My Wife does know english enough to read/write and start a conversation, but she needs to work on understanding grammer and deep enlgish

How do I get her english assessed?

Last week I got her a canadian sim #, and applied for her bank/visa, tried to apply for health card, but they need a bank statement, not just bank profile lol, gnna wait a couple weeks to get that.
I thought my husband's english was good enough too. His tutor says his reading/writing is strongest. I think a lot of his issue is spoken comprehension... I think he himself just needs to slow down and listen. I'm not sure in your city where you would go to get the English assessment, but the Immigrant Centre in my city provided me the information of where he can go, to a government funded facility to get the testing and classes after. I am sure there is an immigrants centre near you and they would be able to point you in the right direction.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I thought my husband's english was good enough too. His tutor says his reading/writing is strongest. I think a lot of his issue is spoken comprehension... I think he himself just needs to slow down and listen. I'm not sure in your city where you would go to get the English assessment, but the Immigrant Centre in my city provided me the information of where he can go, to a government funded facility to get the testing and classes after. I am sure there is an immigrants centre near you and they would be able to point you in the right direction.
thanks!

Reactions: his*marty

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hello friends, I applied for spousal sponsorship in Dec 2020, waiting for PPR BUT NO RESPONSE AFTER FEB 2021. Can anybody suggest how to contact PA visa office. The file is in NDVO.