+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

whichuser

Dec 16, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, even in our case we have received the biometrics and medical request concurrently. You may need to book an appointment for biometrics as well as medical so do keep that in mind prior to making your travel plans.
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, when you say concurrently, do you mean to say that you received the attachments for the biometrics and medical requests in the same email?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My Sponsor just received an email with AOR, and upon checking my own email I have a request for Biometrics. After reading about the massive delays I was not expecting to hear anything back for ages! So its all very exciting.

I've updated the spreadsheet and have been checking booking times for a Biometrics appointment. I noticed that a few people from Nov/Dec 2020 Outland on the spreadsheet have received their Biometrics request and medical request a few days after one another. Is this normal?

I have to travel to London (UK) to give my Biometics, does anyone have any thoughts on waiting until the end of the week to see whether I get a medical request? I would have to do my medical in London, and due to travel time and costs, I would prefer to get them both out-of-the-way in one go.

Does anyone know whether delaying the Biometrics holds up the whole process?

Cheers!
I am my husband's representative, will I receive the email about biometrics and medical?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I cannot comment on citizenship application as I am not familiar with this process. However, are you saying that you are able to view your sponsor’s application on your web portal? If so, how did you link it to the online web account? The AOR1 provides you with an application number which usually makes this possible. I might be missing some information here.
I already have a citizenship application in process 16 months. When I logged in to my eCAS to check the status of my citizenship it showed both my applications. I assume they use the same UCI for both. So, my eCAS shows first "sponsorship application" section then below "citizenship application". No AOR email received.

I hope this is clear. :)

Reactions: jaxdacool1

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, when you say concurrently, do you mean to say that you received the attachments for the biometrics and medical requests in the same email?
Not quite, biometrics was an email but the medical request was received via the web portal as my application had already been linked successfully to receive any messages or updates.

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
I already have a citizenship application in process 16 months. When I logged in to my eCAS to check the status of my citizenship it showed both my applications. I assume they use the same UCI for both. So, my eCAS shows first "sponsorship application" section then below "citizenship application". No AOR email received.

I hope this is clear. :)
This is very interesting, from my own experience for the spousal sponsorship, I can tell you that my PA received a separate UCI number and I (the sponsor) received a separate one, my assumption is this would allow immigrantion dept to be able to distinguish between the two individuals in case any additional documents are requested for submission?

I am also surprised that they automatically linked the application for you, did you provide any references to your citizenship UCI number in your Spousal immigration forms?

Either way, I hope and pray that the information you’re able to view is reflective of the actual status and congratulations for that! Did you receive any other messages/communications in your eCAS portal regarding biometrics submissions for your dependent?

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
I am my husband's representative, will I receive the email about biometrics and medical?
Yes, I am the designated representative in our case too and I received all the communication regarding biometrics as well as medical request. Therefore check your email/and physical mailbox for any letters/communication.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
This is very interesting, from my own experience for the spousal sponsorship, I can tell you that my PA received a separate UCI number and I (the sponsor) received a separate one, my assumption is this would allow immigrantion dept to be able to distinguish between the two individuals in case any additional documents are requested for submission?

I am also surprised that they automatically linked the application for you, did you provide any references to your citizenship UCI number in your Spousal immigration forms?

Either way, I hope and pray that the information you’re able to view is reflective of the actual status and congratulations for that! Did you receive any other messages/communications in your eCAS portal regarding biometrics submissions for your dependent?
I didn't receive any email yet, and I can't check with my husband as he's in quarantine with no connection 9 more days... so we don't know anything unfortunately. On my eCAS it shows "Sponsorship Application" then below, his name then "in status" for both the sponsor and PA application. Mine shows:
  1. We received your application to sponsor _________ on December 18, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 16, 2021.
His shows:
  1. We received __________ application for permanent residence on December 18, 2020.
I am his representative, so I imagine I will receive all correspondence, or am I mistaken?

Also, what do you mean they linked the application? I don't have a GCKEY because I never was able to figure that out even with citizenship, so this is just eCAS. In our application the space that asks if you have a UCI, I did include mine. In the explanation I wrote that this is the UCI that I have for both my permanent residence and for my citizenship, therefore I'm including it.

I have no other information, this is all... but the fact that it's on my eCAS I have no reason to suspect that they haven't started our application as it clearly states in process for both sponsor and applicant.

I know it's a long road, but my anxiety was having our application returned and hamdoullah, I think I can have some relief at this point.

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
I didn't receive any email yet, and I can't check with my husband as he's in quarantine with no connection 9 more days... so we don't know anything unfortunately. On my eCAS it shows "Sponsorship Application" then below, his name then "in status" for both the sponsor and PA application. Mine shows:
  1. We received your application to sponsor _________ on December 18, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 16, 2021.
His shows:
  1. We received __________ application for permanent residence on December 18, 2020.
I am his representative, so I imagine I will receive all correspondence, or am I mistaken?

Also, what do you mean they linked the application? I don't have a GCKEY because I never was able to figure that out even with citizenship, so this is just eCAS. In our application the space that asks if you have a UCI, I did include mine. In the explanation I wrote that this is the UCI that I have for both my permanent residence and for my citizenship, therefore I'm including it.

I have no other information, this is all... but the fact that it's on my eCAS I have no reason to suspect that they haven't started our application as it clearly states in process for both sponsor and applicant.

I know it's a long road, but my anxiety was having our application returned and hamdoullah, I think I can have some relief at this point.
By linking I meant using the Application number and/or UCI number provided by Immigration team along with other details to link the paper application to your eCAS account. The GC KEY is just to log into your account which you can achieve by using a sign-in partner as well. Since I did link my spouse’s application into the account my status reads as “we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you”

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My Sponsor just received an email with AOR, and upon checking my own email I have a request for Biometrics. After reading about the massive delays I was not expecting to hear anything back for ages! So its all very exciting.

I've updated the spreadsheet and have been checking booking times for a Biometrics appointment. I noticed that a few people from Nov/Dec 2020 Outland on the spreadsheet have received their Biometrics request and medical request a few days after one another. Is this normal?

I have to travel to London (UK) to give my Biometics, does anyone have any thoughts on waiting until the end of the week to see whether I get a medical request? I would have to do my medical in London, and due to travel time and costs, I would prefer to get them both out-of-the-way in one go.

Does anyone know whether delaying the Biometrics holds up the whole process?

Cheers!
They used to come almost concurrently and should at minimum come within a few weeks of each other. I'd wait and see, the biometrics won't hold things up, there's a lot more waiting ahead.

Note that in some cases they request medicals towards the end of the process - it seems for certain countries - so I'm not saying wait for months. But waiting à week or two to save you a separate trip makes sense.

Reactions: whichuser

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
By linking I meant using the Application number and/or UCI number provided by Immigration team along with other details to link the paper application to your eCAS account. The GC KEY is just to log into your account which you can achieve by using a sign-in partner as well. Since I did link my spouse’s application into the account my status reads as “we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you”
I am going to assume they used my UCI from my previous applications and I will receive the official AOR via email in due course.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
UCI should stay the same for an individual permanently. It's the unique client identifier (or something like that).
That's what I was thinking. It was a happy surprise for me this morning when I logged in to check the status of my citizenship application. I imagine I will receive the official AOR via email soon as I do need to update some info on my husband's application and I need his UCI to do that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That's what I was thinking. It was a happy surprise for me this morning when I logged in to check the status of my citizenship application. I imagine I will receive the official AOR via email soon as I do need to update some info on my husband's application and I need his UCI to do that.
If he has ever applied for anything else like a visa it would be that number.

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello.
My app was received on December 4,
I got temp number two weeks ago.
I called yesterday to check. The agent told me there is no notes on the file.
However, I called today and a different agent told me that there is a note on the file that says everything is completed and all documents are there.
When should I expect an AOR?
Does this mean my app was appointed to an officer?
Is there is a possibility of a return even if the note on the file says everything is completed ?