+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I haven't gotten a signature, it was delivered February 1. I think I'll just have to wait a few months and wait for AOR

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
My application was received on Dec 9th and I just called IRCC to confirm the status. They told me that my file has been assigned a temporary number. I also inquired about AOR1 estimate and they told me that they have no idea at this point but basically “a temporary number means that your file has been received and is currently on an officer’s desk for review” I also asked how will I receive the response to AOR1 and I was told that this is dependent on the applicant’s preference, since I’ve chosen email, I should expect to receive an email from IRCC if and when the application has been reviewed successfully.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
My application was received on Dec 9th and I just called IRCC to confirm the status. They told me that my file has been assigned a temporary number. I also inquired about AOR1 estimate and they told me that they have no idea at this point but basically “a temporary number means that your file has been received and is currently on an officer’s desk for review” I also asked how will I receive the response to AOR1 and I was told that this is dependent on the applicant’s preference, since I’ve chosen email, I should expect to receive an email from IRCC if and when the application has been reviewed successfully.
What number did you call? I'll try in a month and see if my file was received

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
What number did you call? I'll try in a month and see if my file was received
1-888-242-2100

bear in mind that they only respond between 8am-4pm M-F and usually there’s a long wait period to speak to an agent. I’d advise using the callback feature rather than staying on hold.

Reactions: kittenlover

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
It's a complete mess up. I get it every application is different so processing time can vary but they can atleast open the packages in chronological order. the process to AOR remains same for everyone. I know people waiting from June with no clue and many of the December folks getting temporary numbers and confirmations from IRCC that their file has been scanned. They just don't care

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Received my file January 5, 2021..I got my AOR now feb 3.
Even after 2 months... it's still crazy when some people have been waiting over 8 months. Really, I just want transparency at what is happening from the time our application is received to the time it's on an agents desk. Because, the timelines are not logical nor consistent.

Reactions: kittenlover