+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

whichuser

Dec 16, 2020
Category........
FAM
I was suprised by a "We are waiting to hear from you!" email from IRCC London today, which led to an message on my IRCC account requesting the following:

Client Information: Please provide a plan for your re-establishment to Canada.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with creating such a plan? I am unsure if I submitted any sort of plan with my original application. I vaguely remember writing out something on my plans upon arrival in Canada, but I'm uncertain how much detail I went into, and clearly they are looking for more!

I've not started applying for jobs, but I have some businesses in mind, and have plans to stay with my partner's parents whilst I get set up with work. I suppose those are useful points to put into this "plan". Can anyone else offer any insight?

I also dont know whether this is a particularly good thing or not! Clearly someone was processing my application, which is exciting, but now its on hold again...

Cheers all!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was suprised by a "We are waiting to hear from you!" email from IRCC London today, which led to an message on my IRCC account requesting the following:

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with creating such a plan? I am unsure if I submitted any sort of plan with my original application. I vaguely remember writing out something on my plans upon arrival in Canada, but I'm uncertain how much detail I went into, and clearly they are looking for more!

I've not started applying for jobs, but I have some businesses in mind, and have plans to stay with my partner's parents whilst I get set up with work. I suppose those are useful points to put into this "plan". Can anyone else offer any insight?

I also dont know whether this is a particularly good thing or not! Clearly someone was processing my application, which is exciting, but now its on hold again...

Cheers all!
There are multiple threads where the question if intent to return to Canada has come up. They are serious. Not just a plan, but facts and evidence showing that intent.

Assuming your app is somewhat far along, take this seriously. Files are being rejected because the sponsor hasn't shown real and serious intent to return. What you described above doesn't sound serious.

whichuser

Dec 16, 2020
Category........
FAM
There are multiple threads where the question if intent to return to Canada has come up. They are serious. Not just a plan, but facts and evidence showing that intent.

Assuming your app is somewhat far along, take this seriously. Files are being rejected because the sponsor hasn't shown real and serious intent to return. What you described above doesn't sound serious.
Thank you for that reply. However, one of thing you said has confused me. It's unclear from the request whether they are referring to I (PA) or the Sponsor, or both of us, needing a re-settlement plan. As the sponsorship side of the application has been decided, I assumed it was proof of how I the PA plan to resettle. (I have lived in Canada previously)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for that reply. However, one of thing you said has confused me. It's unclear from the request whether they are referring to I (PA) or the Sponsor, or both of us, needing a re-settlement plan. As the sponsorship side of the application has been decided, I assumed it was proof of how I the PA plan to resettle. (I have lived in Canada previously)
So you are a citizen residing abroad and intending to immigrate with your spouse? It applies to your plan for both of you to return, including your ability to support your spouse.

No, the sponsorship approval stage is not sufficient for that. That stage just checks that you are technically eligible, not that you have met all of the requirements.

Doesn't matter that you have lived in Canada previously. The law allows for citizens abroad to sponsor spouses for them to return to reside in Canada together. If the citizen does not demonstrate that will return to reside permanently as well (to satisfaction of the officer), can be rejected.

whichuser

Dec 16, 2020
Category........
FAM
So you are a citizen residing abroad and intending to immigrate with your spouse? It applies to your plan for both of you to return, including your ability to support your spouse.

No, the sponsorship approval stage is not sufficient for that. That stage just checks that you are technically eligible, not that you have met all of the requirements.

Doesn't matter that you have lived in Canada previously. The law allows for citizens abroad to sponsor spouses for them to return to reside in Canada together.
That's not quite right. I'm not a citizen of Canada. I'm the principal applicant... applying for spousal sponsorship, to obtain permanent residency for myself.

But based on what you're saying then. It is both of us which need to prove our plan to resettle in Canada within this document. It's a shame it's not just the Sponsor as she has already returned to Canada and resettled and has obviously has loads of evidence to back this up.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That's not quite right. I'm not a citizen of Canada. I'm the principal applicant... applying for spousal sponsorship, to obtain permanent residency for myself.

But based on what you're saying then. It is both of us which need to prove our plan to resettle in Canada within this document. It's a shame it's not just the Sponsor as she has already returned to Canada and resettled and has obviously has loads of evidence to back this up.
Okay, didn't understand from your initial post. When you applied, was your citizen-sponsor living with you abroad? Did she update her address with IRCC?

Either way, I think the best way to proceed is respond informing iRCC that sponsor has already returned to Canada (some evidence such as employment and housing) and ask if this was what was intended/required, and that you will of course join as soon as you receive the landing documents. I don't believe that you the applicant need to show anything more really (but for form may be a good idea to provide a bit of info).

That said - haven't seen the full text of your email nor exactly to whom it was addressed. I'm judging from previous cases of others that this info is requested when the citizen-sponsor was residing abroad at the time of applying.

Sasha1989

Mar 20, 2018
That's not for the PA
It's the sponsor who should provide a returning plan when he/she resides overseas
As your sponsor is already in Canada, problem solved.
Send them some evidence like a lease/ employment letter / hydro bill... under your sponsor's name.

I believe that would be all
Good luck

Cheers all!
[/QUOTE

123sumitmsd

Jul 13, 2019
Are there any Dec applicants with DM on their PA side? My PA is from India and the file was processed in Ottawa VO. We have received DM and Pre Arrival invite since Apr 15. Based on the google sheets I believe there’s at least one more user who’s in the same boat as us. Would be nice to hear in case if anyone here had any updates on their file
Exactly the same situation for us! File was processed in Sydney

Naany90

Jun 23, 2021
Guys. My ecas updated to medical results received. Do you know what is next and the timeline it could take. I have done the biometrics and the file is in the Kenyan visa office.