+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
How can NDVO process applications so fast, especially if it's one of the busiest??? I'm so baffled by this! If the processing can be completed that quickly in some VO's why not others? I consistently see quick processing at NDVO... can they please send mine there? lol

Reactions: DiiDii

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
So, mine is going/gone to Paris... and I can't find any cohorts. I am really *stressed* out because the pandemic in Paris is getting worse than it's ever been. March 25 - 45,641 new cases, March 26 - 41,869 new cases, March 27 - 42,619 new cases, March 28 - 37,014 new cases. While of course, I am concerned that everyone stays safe... I'm worried I will be a victim of our file being held up and untouched for a year or more until widespread vaccinations happen. I'm really feeling hopeless with this pandemic. </3

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
So, mine is going/gone to Paris... and I can't find any cohorts. I am really *stressed* out because the pandemic in Paris is getting worse than it's ever been. March 25 - 45,641 new cases, March 26 - 41,869 new cases, March 27 - 42,619 new cases, March 28 - 37,014 new cases. While of course, I am concerned that everyone stays safe... I'm worried I will be a victim of our file being held up and untouched for a year or more until widespread vaccinations happen. I'm really feeling hopeless with this pandemic. </3
i think lvo situation is worse

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
i think lvo situation is worse
England is not doing as badly with covid and they have a lot of people vaccinated.

March 25 - 6,219 new cases, March 26 - 5,621 new cases, March 27 - 4,715 new cases, March 28 - 3,862 new cases. They just had "Happy Monday" celebrating opening up a lot of things that were closed - sports, pools etc. If LVO is having issues it's not going to be due to Covid lockdowns.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
England is not doing as badly with covid and they have a lot of people vaccinated.

March 25 - 6,219 new cases, March 26 - 5,621 new cases, March 27 - 4,715 new cases, March 28 - 3,862 new cases. They just had "Happy Monday" celebrating opening up a lot of things that were closed - sports, pools etc. If LVO is having issues it's not going to be due to Covid lockdowns.
yes, but the visa office is much slower & has bigger backlog :confused:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
yes, but the visa office is much slower & has bigger backlog :confused:
But, they can continue working and if they need to do they will send to other VO's. I feel like in Paris, if they lockdown, my app will stay locked down. I want to call IRCC and find out if my file was actually transferred there or not yet...but on the other hand, I'm not sure if I really want to know. ugh. I think I could have more patience if I could actually travel to go see my husband. It will be a year Saturday since I've seen him. </3

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But, they can continue working and if they need to do they will send to other VO's. I feel like in Paris, if they lockdown, my app will stay locked down. I want to call IRCC and find out if my file was actually transferred there or not yet...but on the other hand, I'm not sure if I really want to know. ugh. I think I could have more patience if I could actually travel to go see my husband. It will be a year Saturday since I've seen him. </3
Apply for TRV for him?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Apply for TRV for him?
I would like to...but I'm scared of being denied. He just moved to Qatar, hasn't received a paycheque yet, no bank account and has no ties to that country. :( I'm just worried they'll deny... I have heard our odds may be slightly better that I have SA and do a dual intent TRV with covid-19 as the reason. Any thoughts?

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I would like to...but I'm scared of being denied. He just moved to Qatar, hasn't received a paycheque yet, no bank account and has no ties to that country. :( I'm just worried they'll deny... I have heard our odds may be slightly better that I have SA and do a dual intent TRV with covid-19 as the reason. Any thoughts?
I applied for TRV for my wife in January before the PR application had any progress. I gave family reunification as the reason with my upcoming first wedding anniversary as an added reason being apart for many months. The application has not had any progress till date. I did mention in the application that we have applied for outland PR as well.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
yeh i know what u mean, cant u go visit him tho?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I applied for TRV for my wife in January before the PR application had any progress. I gave family reunification as the reason with my upcoming first wedding anniversary as an added reason being apart for many months. The application has not had any progress till date. I did mention in the application that we have applied for outland PR as well.
But, does your wife have have strong ties to her current country - work, 6 months savings, home, business...etc. I mean, for my husband he can leave Qatar anytime as he is just there for work.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Honestly, chances not great. But 100% he will not get TRV if he does not apply.

It doesn't cost that much and refusal won't hurt your PR app. And maybe you'll get lucky. You can apply again later.

You can try the other usual support ways - letters, ask MP- you can't travel for work, lockdown at both ends, been separated for ages, family reunification, etc.

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
yeh i know what u mean, cant u go visit him tho?
No, I can't - I get 3 weeks of holidays per year. He is currently left to a country where he lives in a space at the place he lives at, working 12 hour days. We would have to rent a hotel... That in itself wouldn't be of no significance at the end of the day... but I would need to quarantine 14 days on both ends.. plus the hotel costs here... it just doesn't work with my 3 weeks. :( I still have 6 days roll over from last years holiday... but even then, that wouldn't be enough. As it is, my company let me take 3 weeks last year and they don't like to do more than 2 as it is....and last time I got stranded plus 2 weeks quarantine... it may be a while before they feel comfortable letting me do that again. :/