+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Are these standard in GCKEY, I didn't notice if they always said this from the start or if it changed at any point:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
yes those are the standard notes

Reactions: his*marty

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I don’t this it’s the standard,
Because on my app,
The eligibility section says:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
i guess ur file is moving forward then!!
whats ur timeline?

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Mine currently says:

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

mc2406

Dec 10, 2020
PA has done biometrics and medical both and received the SA as well. But nothing mentioned about the VO though, called IRCC and they are saying still in sydney
Did your medical results got updated on IRCC website ? My medical compelte on Saturday (13th) but not yet updated on IRCC

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Did your medical results got updated on IRCC website ? My medical compelte on Saturday (13th) but not yet updated on IRCC
It takes a bit of time for them to reflect the medical exam status. My wife and dependants did their medical on 4th March and 2nd March respectively in different countries. My wife's clinic emailed us on Saturday that medical results submitted and the clinic for my dependants just mentioned that they will upload in 10 working days. ECAS still does not reflect as medical results received, hence am just waiting for a week or 2.

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
i guess ur file is moving forward then!!
whats ur timeline?
I guess my file is actually not moving because other people mentioned “
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether
    • you meet the eligibility requirements.

• but mine basically says they still didn’t start reviewing the eligibility requirements.
    • BTW: December 4, app received
    • Aor: February 17
    • Nothing after that

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I guess my file is actually not moving because other people mentioned “
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether
    • you meet the eligibility requirements.

• but mine basically says they still didn’t start reviewing the eligibility requirements.
    • BTW: December 4, app received
    • Aor: February 17
    • Nothing after that
I'm stuck too. Haven't gotten anything after AOR and its practically been a month while others are getting SA and biometrics right away.

Reactions: Sahoby

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
So which one do we think comes first as I didn't pay attention. I did receive notice with SA that our file is going to Paris.

Review of eligibility
OR
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Because one says the application is in progress but we will send you a message when we start reviewing eligibility and the other says we are reviewing if you meet eligibility.

If the "we are reviewing" is after the "your application is in progress" I don't think I received any message that they've begun reviewing eligibility... and I'm not sure I've seen that mentioned as a step by anyone anywhere.

I know we are still in the early days....but every day I have anxiety about this. Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary and soon it will be 1 year since I've seen my husband...and with quarantine, I still cannot see him...and this is just torturous.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I can say that my husband did his Medical Appointment on March 14 and 15 and they confirmed they sent it either today or yesterday. The email says he consented on March 17, but he just received the email today and the admin assistant just said "it was already sent"...so can't confirm whether it was actually today or yesterday. My husband was emailed a copy of his medical results which he forwarded to me. So, now I will be obsessing on gckey to show it uploaded. I'm such a mess.

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
What sort of additional docs? My GCKey also says that it needs additional docs and they will contact us at a later date but I have no idea what else they could want? My package was Absolutely huge.
A police report. I don't like GCkey. It isn't ever updated prooerly. I've already sent the police report in and they still have that written on there.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
A police report. I don't like GCkey. It isn't ever updated prooerly. I've already sent the police report in and they still have that written on there.
I sent them a message via webform that I was unable to attain a PC from Saudi Arabia because they will not provide it to non-residents, which my husband no longer resides there. They responded with, "thank you for asking about an update on your file...due to covid the times...blah blah..." Why couldn't they just acknowledge what I was talking about...I said NOTHING about wait times.

Lk2424

Feb 20, 2021
Hello, we just completed our medical last week, and was wondering how long it takes for your results to show on your Gkey account?

mc2406

Dec 10, 2020
Hello, we just completed our medical last week, and was wondering how long it takes for your results to show on your Gkey account?
I also completed mine last Saturday but still not updated. Also someone has updated that he is been waiting since two weeks. So there is no fixed time line I guess. For some people it got updated in 2-3 days as well..

Reactions: Lk2424

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I believe it has to be reviewed by an ircc medical officer, and there are very few of them. They do tend to do it quickly (if no negative indicators) but it still means if someone is away, it sits. You really don't need to worry about it, everything else goes in parallel.

Reactions: Lk2424