App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
Reactions: rehanacca

bnavidad

Feb 7, 2021
hi there,

we submitted the application last October 08, 2020 and since then I still haven't gotten any reply. How do I follow up without getting an application number yet?
FYI: My friend who passed his application from december 08, 2020 has just received an application number today. Why is that? I was so sure I sent it on the right address.

m.a.s9362

Jan 4, 2021
ON
Category........
FAM
I'm curious can they return application after temporary file number is received? Or does it mean that application is complete and waiting to be processed?

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
There were a few speculations on here, so I thought I would provide some answers.

Questions about barcodes: IRCC does specify where they want them included. Will they return the application if they’re somewhere else within the application? Highly unlikely. I’ve yet to see a case myself on this forum where that happened. As long as they’re there in some sort of order you should be fine.

Addresses: IRCC states very specifically what they want for addresses. If you abbreviate the province will they return it? Short answer, yes they can. It’s happened before. Long answer, most of the time that likely won’t happen. There is always a possibility that you’ll get the person who’s a stickler for protocol and didn’t have his morning coffee. It happens, but again not a common reason for return.

Cover Letters: Not required. There’s nothing stopping you from writing one, but as a general rule anything you would have said in a cover letter should already have been stated somewhere within the application, particularly with straightforward cases a cover letter would simply be redundant.

The most common reasons I’ve seen for returned applications are: missing documents, Schedule A not being filled out correctly, missing signatures, or something from the checklist including the list itself is missing. (Remember you need to write N/A next to anything not applicable) If you have not missed these things, relax and don’t stress. Doing so isn’t going to help you in the long run.

For those still getting ready to send:

Double, triple, and quadruple check your applications before sending them in and do so on different days as you’re more likely to catch things you missed if you step away from it for a bit. Having someone else you trust look at it helps, too.
Very helpful.

Reactions: dw33

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I find this a bit ridiculous honestly. For a country that prides itself on equality and human rights, returning family reunification over minor clerical errors - that too depending on how a particular visa officer is feeling that day - is not right. We mock US all the time for breaking families at the southern border when it usually takes a year for a married couple with kids to legally reunite in Canada, it's even more difficult if they're from a country that requires a visit visa. There should be a policy that if it's not crucial information that is missing or left out, IRCC should simply request confirmation or re-submission of that particular information without going back to square one for the entire application.

A year for family reunification is way too long - there really should be some sort of a fast-tracked special visa for spouses (like the Super Visa) whose sponsor has been approved so they can stay in Canada without worrying about their visitor status running out while their application is in process.
Totally agree

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I have written NA on all the application forms where a question does not apply to us. Its just on the document checklist that i forgot writing NA infront of Financial evaluation section. On other application forms, there were few questions related to other dependent and children where i have written NA. Hoping for the best now.
Blue ink to be used or black?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
hi there,

we submitted the application last October 08, 2020 and since then I still haven't gotten any reply. How do I follow up without getting an application number yet?
FYI: My friend who passed his application from december 08, 2020 has just received an application number today. Why is that? I was so sure I sent it on the right address.
are your PA's from the same country? I find they prioritize some countries over others faster.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
are your PA's from the same country? I find they prioritize some countries over others faster.
You say this based on what information?

Keep in mind, some countries are over-represented on this board - notably English speaking. Let alone that immigration to Canada varies a lot by country - notably India is a significant percentage of total immigration.

Some countries definitely take longer in total than others - due to eg security concerns and other issues - but those drawing conclusions about what IRCC 'prioritizes' or not can be making claims based on erroneous views about what the underlying data 'should' be.

Reactions: rrss13 and cjr

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You say this based on what information?

Keep in mind, some countries are over-represented on this board - notably English speaking. Let alone that immigration to Canada varies a lot by country - notably India is a significant percentage of total immigration.

Some countries definitely take longer in total than others - due to eg security concerns and other issues - but those drawing conclusions about what IRCC 'prioritizes' or not can be making claims based on erroneous views about what the underlying data 'should' be.
based on the fact that certain applicants receive AOR in 2 months and others have been waiting 6-8 months to get AOR. How else would it explain a November or December applicant receiving an AOR but not someone from June, July, August...etc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
based on the fact that certain applicants receive AOR in 2 months and others have been waiting 6-8 months to get AOR. How else would it explain a November or December applicant receiving an AOR but not someone from June, July, August...etc.
That is clearly an issue, there is some major hold-up with some getting AOR much later.

But you made the claim that this is because they are prioritizing some countries over others - based on what evidence?

bnavidad

Feb 7, 2021
what does PA's means? anyways, my wife is from philippines. My friend's wife also from philippines so it does not make sense why they got prioritize first.