+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

Elainecho

Dec 22, 2020
File received by CIC on 12/07. Received AOR on May 4. received biometric request June 1st, completed same day. Received pre arrival letter on June 4th.
Congrats! That was quick. I was required to capture fingerprints on May 16, and did it the same day. No updates afterwards.

Elainecho

Dec 22, 2020
I saw many people questioned about health care issue. I don’t know other provinces, but in BC province the applicants of this category can apply for health care card after staying more than three months. What the Health Card Authority needs are a form downloaded online ,your marriage licence, IRCC receipt for Spouse sponsorship application, passport, and your spouse’ s health care card number. It will take like one month for processing. Then MSP card will be issued as a dependent of our spouse’s care plan.

Reactions: Underhill

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 24, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on June 9, 2021.
  3. We sent you a letter on June 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Hi guys,

the no. 3 statement about refers to biometric ? thx

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
I just recieved SA email this morning

Timeline:
Application received - December 7/20
Biometrics email - January 13/21
Pre AOR - March 16/21
AOR - May 10/21
Biometrics request email - May 10/21
ECAS says in process - May 10/21
Biometrics given + approved - May 17/21
Medical request - June 15/21
SA - June 17/21

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Has anyone still not received anything other than temp AOR? I’m starting to panic that something is wrong and I can’t get through to the customer care line..

Jun 17, 2021
Has anyone still not received anything other than temp AOR? I’m starting to panic that something is wrong and I can’t get through to the customer care line..
Same here, ours arrived on December 31st so at the very end of the pack, but we haven't heard a peep since the temp AOR on March 16th. I think it's normal unfortunately. It seems like their processing and organizing methods are pretty terrible even without factoring in covid, it seems entirely random as to who gets picked and how fast it is processed.

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Even we didn't hear anything after Temp AOR, ours received on Dec 15th. I saw today on a FB group people from Jan 2021 Inland are getting AOR's, I really don't understand what is going on. I called IRCC couple of time and got very conflicting info both times, but the agents on both calls assured me that applications are processed in order, I don't think that true at all.

Jun 17, 2021
I've been pouring a ton of time into researching spousal sponsorship since early 2020, and everything I've read of other people's experiences shows me that they absolutely do not process in order, and also that the call centre doesn't know what they are talking about most of the time.
Take everything they say with a grain of salt.
If they really processed in order, there wouldn't be people who having been waiting over a year since their last update. I know that there can be issues with applications that make them take longer, but that doesn't explain people who do everything perfectly yet have to wait far longer than most.

I think they really need to overhaul how everything immigration related is done internally, because clearly it isn't good enough and we are the people who have to deal with it. It's way too confusing, inconsistent, inefficient and takes forever. The fact that they will take 8 months only to return an application and restart the entire process of waiting, just because you got a single tiny thing wrong is completely absurd.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Anyone still waiting from December? I see people from Jan 2021 started getting AOR's.
I’m still waiting, starting to panic everyday because we have a new born baby girl and I just wanna know everything is ok with the application for my husband:(

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
I’m still waiting, starting to panic everyday because we have a new born baby girl and I just wanna know everything is ok with the application for my husband:(
Hey Erika did you try contacting IRCC? If you did, what did they say?
Every agent I spoke to is saying please be patient, we are processing applications the order we received. Not sure in which calendar 2021 Jan comes before 2020 Dec though!!!!