+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** December 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship ***

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Congrats to everyone getting their AOR! Our file was received at Mississauga Dec 4 and still haven't heard anything. Hoping we don't get it returned! Trying to be hopeful but now feeling worried!! :oops:

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Congrats to everyone getting their AOR! Our file was received at Mississauga Dec 4 and still haven't heard anything. Hoping we don't get it returned! Trying to be hopeful but now feeling worried!! :oops:
Hi Susannelankin, our file was received at Mississauga on Dec 15th, haven't heard anything yet just got Pre-AOR. Couple weeks ago I saw people from Dec inland getting AOR and got excited, people from Dec 14th got it and we thought ours is next day and that day never came, I haven't seen anyone from Dec 15th updating about AOR. Not sure how IRCC is processing files, is there any order or just random. It's frustrating for sure but I really don't see any other option than to wait for our turn and pray it comes soon :)

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Susannelankin, our file was received at Mississauga on Dec 15th, haven't heard anything yet just got Pre-AOR. Couple weeks ago I saw people from Dec inland getting AOR and got excited, people from Dec 14th got it and we thought ours is next day and that day never came, I haven't seen anyone from Dec 15th updating about AOR. Not sure how IRCC is processing files, is there any order or just random. It's frustrating for sure but I really don't see any other option than to wait for our turn and pray it comes soon :)
Definitely! So frustrating they're not processed in order, but trying to chill :). Good luck!

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just got off call with IRCC agent, according to the agent our application has been deemed complete on May 21st. It's currently waiting in line for AOR generation. Our application was received on Dec 15th. Funny thing is I called IRCC on May 25th and I was told there has been no updates since Pre-AOR and today when I called Agent told me last update was on May 21st noting the completeness check passed.

Reactions: ACatto

susannelankin

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just got off call with IRCC agent, according to the agent our application has been deemed complete on May 21st. It's currently waiting in line for AOR generation. Our application was received on Dec 15th. Funny thing is I called IRCC on May 25th and I was told there has been no updates since Pre-AOR and today when I called Agent told me last update was on May 21st noting the completeness check passed.
My partner had the same experience last week - we still have not received our AOR but the agent told him our application has been marked as complete. Half relieved, half still waiting impatiently! Application was received Dec 3, 2020.

Reactions: ACatto

Dattateja

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
My partner had the same experience last week - we still have not received our AOR but the agent told him our application has been marked as complete. Half relieved, half still waiting impatiently! Application was received Dec 3, 2020.
Yup this process is nerve wrecking for sure. But at least we got to know our application is marked complete :) Hopefully AOR also comes in soon.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
I submitted application to sponsor my husband and it was received dec 12/2020. We still don’t have an AOR or any update on the OWP however, my husband has been offered three employment opportunities here in Calgary which unfortunately he cannot take without a permit. Does anyone know if this would make a difference with the OWP application? Could we submit a new application (only for the work permit portion) and have an employer say they would like to employ him?

Rawee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
NOC Code......
I submitted application to sponsor my husband and it was received dec 12/2020. We still don’t have an AOR or any update on the OWP however, my husband has been offered three employment opportunities here in Calgary which unfortunately he cannot take without a permit. Does anyone know if this would make a difference with the OWP application? Could we submit a new application (only for the work permit portion) and have an employer say they would like to employ him?
Without an approved work permit he cannot work and even if you apply separately for OWP it won't move further unless his PR is Approved in principle.

erika09

Dec 1, 2020
Without an approved work permit he cannot work and even if you apply separately for OWP it won't move further unless his PR is Approved in principle.
Thanks! That’s what I thought too. Sucks that things aren’t moving quicker!

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
Those who are waiting for PR approval, in land how are you managing your health care? I need suggestions for best options, I have applied for my 2 years old daughter and it has been a night mare to get an appointment without a healthcard in greater Montreal, for minor injury. We ended up going to emergency and paying through the nose.

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
I have applied for Family Sponsoring ( dependent child) in Dec 2020 from Quebec. Received CSQ and Federal sponsorship approval in April.

I am looking information on anyone who applied for health card in their province after initial sponsorship and waiting for PR decision.