+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2020- Citizenship Applicants

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Thanks for sharing Mami , I think we are the only 2 from the december batch at this stage!!!!! When did you get your ATIP? Was there anything mentioned in regard of extra security check? Fingerprints....ect?

We called several times and at 2 ocassiona we Were told that it shows that we should get fingerprints soon!!!!!!!! This was back in June !!! And nothing since?

Its really frustrating?
What is ATIP?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Can I take citizenship test during the weekends?
Also is there a Time range that I need to login to the test session?

Is there an Procter for this test? (or is it just scanning your ID on the webcam?)
Any time and day within the eligibility period is good. You take a picture from the webcam by holding the ID by one hand and click the mouse to take the picture by the other.

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Yes, you can access it. Here is the link. Choose the "privacy" act while filing the form. It's free. If you select the other option, you will have to pay $5.
Thanks. This is helpful.

Can you please suggest which one should I select from the dropdown "Which specific information are you looking for? "

Should it be 1 or 2?
1 Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes OR
2. The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC

and the file number should be the application number right?

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone found that they have two different statuses on the 2 different IRCC webpages. I have DM in one and In progress in the other.
All steps except for oath ceremony were updated on Nov 30th but no correspondence from IRCC and all I am waiting for is the oath ceremony.
My husband's ecas status is Decision Made. The new status tracker however still shows In Progress. Last changes were made on Nov 23 or 24.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks. This is helpful.

Can you please suggest which one should I select from the dropdown "Which specific information are you looking for? "

Should it be 1 or 2?
2. The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC

Select the first option, and yes your application number.

Reactions: rememberme

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Can I take citizenship test during the weekends?
Also is there a Time range that I need to login to the test session?

Is there an Procter for this test? (or is it just scanning your ID on the webcam?)
yes for the weekends. i took on a weekend and it was ok

yes, scanning the id on the webcam, make sure it is not blurry, it allows you download it, so you can confirm if it is blurry or not

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks. This is helpful.

Should it be 1 or 2?

You'll be choosing "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" and "Case Files" options. In the text box, simply write "Please provide GCMS notes for application number CXXXXXXX" (provide your actual application number). Apply under the Privacy Act if you are applying for yourself so you don't have to pay $5 (There is a $5 fee if you apply under the Access to Information Act).

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
You'll be choosing "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" and "Case Files" options. In the text box, simply write "Please provide GCMS notes for application number CXXXXXXX" (provide your actual application number). Apply under the Privacy Act if you are applying for yourself so you don't have to pay $5 (There is a $5 fee if you apply under the Access to Information Act).
Thanks so much.

Reactions: varlam

finpudding

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Frustrating situation here. Like some other people, my application has been stuck at in process since April, no updates no test invite no nothing.

Mami_32

Oct 19, 2021
Thanks for sharing Mami , I think we are the only 2 from the december batch at this stage!!!!! When did you get your ATIP? Was there anything mentioned in regard of extra security check? Fingerprints....ect?

We called several times and at 2 ocassiona we Were told that it shows that we should get fingerprints soon!!!!!!!! This was back in June !!! And nothing since?

Its really frustrating?

I got mine just last week. It does mw tion fingerprints needed, but nothing else. I have not received any mail nor email from them so at this point I dont even know what to do. What number are you calling because the number I call they tell me they can't give me any information over the phone that I have to go online and just check my status 1888 242 2100- is this the number you call too?

It really becomes frustrating seeing everyone else's application move forward, but we are stuck in a limbo.