+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Newzed

Apr 27, 2017
Hi everyone!
So I just received the eCoPR confirmation email after uploading my photo on the portal late last week (yay!)
But I am a bit confused. The eCoPR says that the expiry date of it is November 2021 (being tied to my medicals which i did last year to apply for PR) but now I’m wondering how long will it take for the actual PR card to come to me?
in case I have to travel after November 2021 and I do not have a card yet?
can I still enter Canada with my current work permit? Checking the new Pr card times it says 118 days so that’s quite a lot of time… does this apply to the portal applications as well?

thanks again for the help!!

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Hi everyone!
So I just received the eCoPR confirmation email after uploading my photo on the portal late last week (yay!)
But I am a bit confused. The eCoPR says that the expiry date of it is November 2021 (being tied to my medicals which i did last year to apply for PR) but now I’m wondering how long will it take for the actual PR card to come to me?
can I still enter Canada with my current work permit? Checking the new Pr card times it says 118 days so that’s quite a lot of time… does this apply to the portal applications as well?

Your work permit is void now that you've got COPR. Your COPR doesn't actually expire (after you've landed) but you'll need to apply for an AL if you want to travel back into country without your PR card and are not from a visa exempt country. What's your stream btw?

Newzed

Apr 27, 2017
Your work permit is void now that you've got COPR. Your COPR doesn't actually expire (after you've landed) but you'll need to apply for an AL if you want to travel back into country without your PR card and are not from a visa exempt country. What's your stream btw?
thanks for replying!
So if I understand correctly that “Valid toapplies only to someone who still needs to land in Canada. Since I’m an inland applicant and I already work here the ecopr’s valid to does not really apply to my case.
I’m originally from Italy, what is an AL? Sorry I’m really bad with acronyms.
my stream is experience Class.

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
thanks for replying!
So if I understand correctly that “Valid toapplies only to someone who still needs to land in Canada. Since I’m an inland applicant and I already work here the ecopr’s valid to does not really apply to my case.
I’m originally from Italy, what is an AL? Sorry I’m really bad with acronyms.
my stream is experience Class.
Yes, correct. Since you're inland and hence "landed", you don't have to worry about an expiring copr. Even expired it remains the document that proves your permanent residency until you've received your PR card. You just can't use it to travel back to Canada. Nevermind the AL this was pre 7 Sept. stuff my bad.
Check this page for what you'll actually need to apply if it comes to it.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

Alliances007

Sep 7, 2021
1. If the visit is only for a short duration, there is no need to inform.

2. Are you referring to a temporary visa?
@legalfalcon
here is the information, kindly advise on below::

1. The family members (dependents) may be back by next year Apr/May 2022, and hopefully I may receive application approval by then

2. My spouse and children has WP/SP and have submitted request for temporary visa stamping for which they are prime applicant

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hi everyone!

The PR card processing time seems to vary quite a bit for some persons. I got my card in just under 2 weeks. But I've seen cases on this forum where people are waiting for over 2 months.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
here is the information, kindly advise on below::

1. The family members (dependents) may be back by next year Apr/May 2022, and hopefully I may receive application approval by then

2. My spouse and children has WP/SP and have submitted request for temporary visa stamping for which they are prime applicant
1. Update the address with IRCC.

2. YEs. update the address.

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
Hi Everyone, need help with understanding the GCMS notes I received today.
Outland/ AOR DEC 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Regs:
Final:

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

My eligibility was completed on Feb 19th, 2021.

How far ahead is my application? Does the security check take a long time? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Jaybye

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Outland/ AOR DEC 2020
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Regs:
Final:

How far ahead is my application? Does the security check take a long time? Thank you in advance!
The key is patience and more patience. If anyone told you he/she can give you a precise timeline with respect to your question, the person must be a joker. So dear friend, you can use a load more patience! It indeed helps in staying sane..
Cheers!

Reactions: Sonyal

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
The key is patience and more patience. If anyone told you he/she can give you a precise timeline with respect to your question, the person must be a joker. So dear friend, you can use a load more patience! It indeed helps in staying sane..
Cheers!
Haha True. Hopefully, everything works out and I am still sane!

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Outland/ AOR DEC 2020
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Regs:
Final:

Yours is waaaay ahead of mine...
I also have a DEC 2020 AOR, but FSW Inland, and the only "passed" I have is for medical... Eligibility wasn't even started yet :(

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Yours is waaaay ahead of mine...
I also have a DEC 2020 AOR, but FSW Inland, and the only "passed" I have is for medical... Eligibility wasn't even started yet :(
Yes. Outlands FSW and PNP processed faster than inlands even though they don’t issue many PPR for outlands lol
Stupid organization.

• Sad
Reactions: JSF

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
actually being from a visa excempt country doesnt matter if you are a PR -- if youre a PR you can only enter canada with a PR card or a PRTD