Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Man, I'm Oct 20. Didn't receive anything yet, and the queue passed me a couple of weeks ago. I guess they finalize those cases that are not "complex" by their criteria which are not very clear.
Maybe not 100% clear, but we can have a general idea from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1422&top=3

"
Your application may be more complex if:
  • the contact information on file (address, telephone, email) is outdated and we can’t contact you or a family member
  • we requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all
  • your dependant(s) turned 18 since you applied
  • you added dependant(s) to your application since you applied
  • your dependant(s) got married and/or had children of their own since you applied
  • you provided legal documents to confirm a change to your marital status, or about child custody
  • you or your family member were asked to resubmit a medical exam because one expired (exams for every person must all be valid at the same time)
  • you or a family member were asked to appear for an interview
  • you or a family member might not be eligible
  • background checks are still in progress for you or your family members"
"

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Maybe not 100% clear, but we can have a general idea from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1422&top=3

"
Your application may be more complex if:
  • the contact information on file (address, telephone, email) is outdated and we can’t contact you or a family member
  • we requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all
  • your dependant(s) turned 18 since you applied
  • you added dependant(s) to your application since you applied
  • your dependant(s) got married and/or had children of their own since you applied
  • you provided legal documents to confirm a change to your marital status, or about child custody
  • you or your family member were asked to resubmit a medical exam because one expired (exams for every person must all be valid at the same time)
  • you or a family member were asked to appear for an interview
  • you or a family member might not be eligible
  • background checks are still in progress for you or your family members"
"
Yeah, that list kind of makes sense maybe. I think personally the processing & finalization mostly depends on individual visa offices. My case, for example, is not that complex judging by their description (no dependents, all education & work experience in Canada, lived here almost 10 years and only short travels). You just need to be lucky to be picked up by a good office and officers.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Yeah, that list kind of makes sense maybe. I think personally the processing & finalization mostly depends on individual visa offices. My case, for example, is not that complex judging by their description (no dependents, all education & work experience in Canada, lived here almost 10 years and only short travels). You just need to be lucky to be picked up by a good office and officers.
exactly, theres many that are not complex by any means (given that list). mine wasnt (canadian degree, canadian exp -- nothing foreign other than police certificates). So my file passed everything in april except criminality as they decided to ask for an rcmp certificate which delayed everything. My file simple hasnt been touched since apr 23 and all thats missing is reviewing that rcmp cert that i submitted.

its a different story if you have 'review required' as i see in your timeline, i dont really know when they actually review that and just like me, youre at the mercy of whenever the officer decides to show up to work

Reactions: RenanFromBrazil

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
exactly, theres many that are not complex by any means (given that list). mine wasnt (canadian degree, canadian exp -- nothing foreign other than police certificates). So my file passed everything in april except criminality as they decided to ask for an rcmp certificate which delayed everything. My file simple hasnt been touched since apr 23 and all thats missing is reviewing that rcmp cert that i submitted.

its a different story if you have 'review required' as i see in your timeline, i dont really know when they actually review that and just like me, youre at the mercy of whenever the officer decides to show up to work
Right. I think they might have sorted our applications by urgency, looking at when our current documents expire and act only when it's really close to the deadline. But that's no way to go. Definitely not fair if you take into account that 2021 apps are finalized in less than 3 months

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I dont think they skipped, they have mentioned that they are updating it "weekly". May be last week they did not update it here...
last weeks update was oct 25-31 and this week it jumped straight to mid nov. so yea they kinda skipped two weeks. it does seem like most octobers are cleared but theres still ppl from aug and sept waiting so who knows

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
last weeks update was oct 25-31 and this week it jumped straight to mid nov. so yea they kinda skipped two weeks. it does seem like most octobers are cleared but theres still ppl from aug and sept waiting so who knows
yeah, its all speculation at this point. unless we have some clarity from IRCC, all we can do is speculate :/

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
its sucks eh. whats your aor and status?
AOR - 28th December. and i dont have any status ( I never requested one). I am keeping myself too busy with everyday stuff that this process is at the background at the moment. Moreover, I have realized that, it really does not matter what my status is (especially when there are people waiting for their confirmations who have AORs way before mine). So, in short, COPR will come as soon as IRCC/ Canadian govt feels comfortable opening the borders for a LARGE POPULATION to enter. (which looking at current memos/ updates seem not too far)

Keeping high hopes :)

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
Man, I'm Oct 20. Didn't receive anything yet, and the queue passed me a couple of weeks ago. I guess they finalize those cases that are not "complex" by their criteria which are not very clear.
Hi, it seems it is because of worst VO EDMONTON, where all the review required cases are hanging and they are not paying attention at all!

This is really bad, they should be covering Review Required cases also, it seems they are simply overlooking Review Required cases at EDMONTON and not opening the files at all

• Haha
Reactions: jabrams001

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
AOR - 28th December. and i dont have any status ( I never requested one). I am keeping myself too busy with everyday stuff that this process is at the background at the moment. Moreover, I have realized that, it really does not matter what my status is (especially when there are people waiting for their confirmations who have AORs way before mine). So, in short, COPR will come as soon as IRCC/ Canadian govt feels comfortable opening the borders for a LARGE POPULATION to enter. (which looking at current memos/ updates seem not too far)

Keeping high hopes :)
wow i wish i had your mental strength to focus on my life instead of checking these websites all the time. i do guess that if they were gonna reject us, they wouldve done so already

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
100% Good offices and officers - make all the difference.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi, it seems it is because of worst VO EDMONTON, where all the review required cases are hanging and they are not paying attention at all!

This is really bad, they should be covering Review Required cases also, it seems they are simply overlooking Review Required cases at EDMONTON and not opening the files at all
We really are unlucky to get into the Edmonton VO. The cases there just hanging in review requried for months and no one gives a damn.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

Harjasroop

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
They skipped nov 1-15 though, i wonder what happens then
But this is for express entry they update on their website religiously but nothing for paper based applications which is so unfair and saddening... No visibility is there anywhere rather for papet based application as if it's just hanging in the air with no reason... God knows. ....