Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, Got a mail from IRCC for document request on Marriage certificate. I have already submitted the document. But, the only thing is name is given as 'last name, first name' (ex. John, Peter) and all other documents have my name as 'first name, last name' (ex. Peter, John). I have ordered GCMS notes and the officer mentioned the same. Can you please advise on this? LOE alone is enough ? or Need to submit some additional documents ? If so, can you pls tell me the supporting documents?

If your name in any document is different from that in your passport, you can execute same name affidavit and submit it along with the document.

However, a same name affidavit will not cure spelling mistakes, missing middle names etc. It only serves where your name may be typed differently from how it appears on all other official documents.

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
If your name in any document is different from that in your passport, you can execute same name affidavit and submit it along with the document.

However, a same name affidavit will not cure spelling mistakes, missing middle names etc. It only serves where your name may be typed differently from how it appears on all other official documents.
Thanks @legalfalcon, I'm from India and got my marriage certificate from there only. Can I get affidavit from here in Canada else from back home? Please suggest...

sandhu5555

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HALIFAX
Nomination.....
BRITISH COLUMBIA
AOR Received.
10-DEC-2020
File Transfer...
20-JUNE-2020
Hello All,
Any one from Halifax VO? And the processing times? is there any separate form for Halifax VO?
Bro My file is transfered from Etobicoke to Halifax. Dec Aor PNP INLAND bc pnp

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Any thought on this ? Appreciate your input here...!
Marriage certificate or registration is done where marriage was solemnised. You do not need any more certificate from any other country. The marriage certificate issued to you would suffice.

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Marriage certificate or registration is done where marriage was solemnised. You do not need any more certificate from any other country. The marriage certificate issued to you would suffice.
Hi @legalfalcon, I think you got confused. There is a format change in my marriage certificate (Which I submitted earlier). As result, IRCC asked me submit a valid marriage certificate. When I asked you earlier, You suggested for affidavit. Now, my question is, from where I should get the affidavit? from backhome (india) or here in Canada ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I think you got confused. There is a format change in my marriage certificate (Which I submitted earlier). As result, IRCC asked me submit a valid marriage certificate. When I asked you earlier, You suggested for affidavit. Now, my question is, from where I should get the affidavit? from backhome (india) or here in Canada ?

I think we are on a different page and there is a confusion. An affidavit is only of there is a discrepancy.

When you say there is a change of format, what do you mean.

Could you please post your entire question, or tag the previous post so that I can reference what we are referring to.

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
I think we are on a different page and there is a confusion. An affidavit is only of there is a discrepancy.

When you say there is a change of format, what do you mean.

Could you please post your entire question, or tag the previous post so that I can reference what we are referring to.
Here you go...

Hi @legalfalcon, Got a mail from IRCC for document request on Marriage certificate. I have already submitted the document. But, the only thing is name is given as 'last name, first name' (ex. John, Peter) and all other documents have my name as 'first name, last name' (ex. Peter, John). I have ordered GCMS notes and the officer mentioned the same. Can you please advise on this? LOE alone is enough ? or Need to submit some additional documents ? If so, can you pls tell me the supporting documents?