+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, i did not claim any additional points for offer letter though, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It is already too late i realized yesterday about the blunder i did. My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did ircc give you a hard time on this?

Thanks guys and @legalfalcon please help

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, i did not claim any additional points for offer letter though, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It is already too late i realized yesterday about the blunder i did. My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did ircc give you a hard time on this?

Dear you should raise a webform as you should have answered no for having a job offer

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1009&top=29

GL

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I know that i should have done "no" but had no idea then. Is webform will be enough.
Your options are only to ignore this mistake.
Or raise a webform no other options i guess
However since you have mentioned that you do not earn points for a Job Offer there would be a good chance that this won't affect your application. At the end of the day its under your case officer disposal to assess your eligibility.

GL

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
I know that i should have done "no" but had no idea then. Is webform will be enough.
Hi Gyashna,

As far as you didn't got any points for Job offer since other questions were answered correctly as No for LMIA and It should not create an issue. IRCC would only be concerned if your total score has gone below because of wrong score calculated. I know few friends who answered this as "Yes" but still got PR. @legalfalcon Could you please clarify. Infact, I have also answered this question as yes but other questions are answered as "No". Thus claiming no points from Offer letter.

sujansri597

Sep 21, 2020
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

I would say to be safe to withdraw your application and reapply again [ technically IRCC consider this as misrepresenation ] But try to write an explaination letter. @legalfalcon we always go with your opinion

Lu Niu

Feb 3, 2021
Hello all,
Just got my GCMS notes(ordered on March 16):

Primary Office: CPC Ottawa
Secondary: central intake office

AOR: 2020-12-16
Category: CEC-Inland
Eligibility: Not started
Security : Not started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Criminality: Passed

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
FSW-O here, AOR on 10th December. I'm from Hong Kong and was wondering if i should apply for the Open Work Permit which is stated as a 'special measures to come to Canada' for Hong Kong residents. What I've seen from a lot of posts is that the FSW applications aren't the priority at the moment due to covid. So was wondering if I should apply for the Open Work Permit instead to be in Canada first.

Anyone has any thoughts on that? Will that affect my application?
I believe the open work permit is only available to HK residents with a bno or hksar passport?
Besides, those owp holder without a job offer cannot enter Canada anyways

Last edited:

fml73017

Jan 22, 2021
FSW-O here, AOR on 10th December. I'm from Hong Kong and was wondering if i should apply for the Open Work Permit which is stated as a 'special measures to come to Canada' for Hong Kong residents. What I've seen from a lot of posts is that the FSW applications aren't the priority at the moment due to covid. So was wondering if I should apply for the Open Work Permit instead to be in Canada first.

Anyone has any thoughts on that? Will that affect my application?
I am from Hong Kong and I have applied for OWP as well, as I believe my PR application will not be approved this year. It only takes a month for my OWP application to be approved. You need a job offer in order to enter Canada, which I think it would be quite difficult...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

Do the following first:

1. Check your score and see if you were awarded any points for the arranged employment. For that check your profile and the score.
2. If you did not receive any points, no need to worry, just send a webform and explain.
3. If you did receive the points, check if those points re removed will your score still be over the cut-off, if yes, then you can submit a LoE and that would be all.
4. If not, then you may have to consider withdrawing or focus on the new public policy and submit your application there too, and in case EE is rejected, you will have a second shot.

shobhit1117

Apr 27, 2020
Hi All,
I got the below reply through webform on my application.
-CEC inland
-AoR: 2 dec 2020
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility is in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario

Reactions: OLdon11 and Bacelor

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi All,
I got the below reply through webform on my application.
-CEC inland
-AoR: 2 dec 2020
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility is in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario
Lovely
It seems like they are very cooperative, but not with me luckily i only got know my VO

GL

ankitg3434

Oct 11, 2020
wow. Its been 2 months since I submitted my wife's documents to get her added and I still don't see any update in IRCC. This is crazy slow