+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Kaitlynn

Mar 23, 2021
@legalfalcon If you would not mind, I just received my GMCS notes and have a question.

On page 2 it states:
Assessments - Eligibility: not met

But then on page 7, it states:
Assessment - Status: Passed - Candidate

Does this mean that I have passed my eligibility?

Thank you in advance!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon If you would not mind, I just received my GMCS notes and have a question.

On page 2 it states:
Assessments - Eligibility: not met

But then on page 7, it states:
Assessment - Status: Passed - Candidate

Does this mean that I have passed my eligibility?

Thank you in advance!!

"Eligibility: not met"

This is concerning.

See the last 3-5 pages for for the officer's notes.

Prannu

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
"Eligibility: not met"

This is concerning.

See the last 3-5 pages for for the officer's notes.
@legalfalcon ,Im also bit tensed about eligibility. Im a single applicant.Just want to know if educational documents will get verified again by officer?Because its already checked by Assistant as part of R10 check. Now the main documents to be reviewed by officer are POF and Company reference letter right?

iqbalsingh9

Mar 5, 2020
FSW-O here, AOR on 10th December. I'm from Hong Kong and was wondering if i should apply for the Open Work Permit which is stated as a 'special measures to come to Canada' for Hong Kong residents. What I've seen from a lot of posts is that the FSW applications aren't the priority at the moment due to covid. So was wondering if I should apply for the Open Work Permit instead to be in Canada first.

Anyone has any thoughts on that? Will that affect my application?

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It is already too late i realized yesterday about the blunder i did. My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did ircc give you a hard time on this?

Thanks guys.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,Im also bit tensed about eligibility. Im a single applicant.Just want to know if educational documents will get verified again by officer?Because its already checked by Assistant as part of R10 check. Now the main documents to be reviewed by officer are POF and Company reference letter right?
During eligibility all factors you claimed points for are evaluated against the documents, including the PoF.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Okay - I read the notes and they are saying my student loans make me not eligible? Even thought my POF is $12,500 USD. Is it true that if I have student loans, I do not have sufficient POF?
What we accept as proof
Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

You also can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hie guys i am freaking out. My aor is dec 4 i am cec inland applicant. In my pr app i said yes to offer letter. I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. IIhad 476 as my crs In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when ircc portal asked me to upload my job offer

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It is already too late i realized yesterday about the blunder i did. My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did ircc give you a hard time on this?

Thanks guys and @legalfalcon please help

readytoleave

Mar 22, 2021
@legalfalcon Okay - I read the notes and they are saying my student loans make me not eligible? Even thought my POF is $12,500 USD. Is it true that if I have student loans, I do not have sufficient POF?
Did your POF letter disclose your student loans? Also, did you explain to IRCC how you would pay back your loan?