+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Jaybye

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Just wanted to know if the following is regular or not.

The status in my application since MEP has been:

"You may not hear from us for a while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Today, the status has been changed to the following and application progress bar touched 50% mark.

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Just wanted to know if this is an automated message change or means something else?

@legalfalcon or any other senior, would you please share your thoughts?
Your AOR must be Dec 22 or 23, 2020. The system is programmed to change automatically to that new message you saw when your progress bar hits the 50% mark. Nothing special about it really..

Reactions: shaizeik

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
Just got my GCMS notes issued by IRCC. Ordered on Feb 21 and notes were generated on Feb 24.

AOR Dec 11
MEP/BIL Jan 15
Biometrics done Jan 20
The application status on Feb 24:

criminality passed. Info sharing in progress.
Eligibility and security not started.

Primary VO: Hong Kong
Secondary VO: Central Intake office

Even though it seems eligibility check will not be done anytime soon, I still feel relieved to know the actual status of my application.I have not received any real GU except one with an Email, I was so worried since many others have got GUs. Now I understand it’s just because eligibility is not started yet. I guess it will stay that way for a really long time.
Thanks for sharing. We have almost identical case status only except the AoR, though it seems hkvo has touched my file after it got transferred from CIO. It's a relief to me as well...

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
These days, I am noticing that IRCC is keeping track of when and how many times we are calling them.
They exactly told me that when I called last two times, and said that status is same when I spoke to them last time.
They are also not telling the status properly and recommending to see online in our profile, may be this is the new norm these days.

Uncertainty of application progress, sometimes halts our plan for significant period of time.

I am not sure if calling them frequently (once in a week) will create any problem ?

Reactions: shaizeik

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
These days, I am noticing that IRCC is keeping track of when and how many times we are calling them.
They exactly told me that when I called last two times, and said that status is same when I spoke to them last time.
They are also not telling the status properly and recommending to see online in our profile, may be this is the new norm these days.

Uncertainty of application progress, sometimes halts our plan for significant period of time.

I am not sure if calling them frequently (once in a week) will create any problem ?
Same experience with you guys too

when I called In last week
The agent asked me why I'm calling in and what kind of information specifically I was looking for.

He first said the file looks clean and everything is fine.

I've to mention specifically, that I'm looking for the usual eligibility, criminality, etc before he proceed to give me some updates.

I wonder for ppl less informed of the process, maybe they wouldn't know what to ask for ,and would be redirected to their ircc online a/c

I also applied through a representative, so I didn't need access online, I suppose that was a good reason enough for the agent.

But he was courteous and nice, wasn't annoyed or anything. Maybe there's a general directive going around.. idk we can only speculate.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

katamaran

Mar 24, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I applied on 10-Dec-2020, currently: eligibility and security in in progress status. Biometrics upfront. Inland application, applied through provincial nominee program.

I'm on a temporary work permit but unfortunately my employment is being terminated.

What is going to happen to my PR application? Is it going to be withdrawn/canceled?
If it won't, can I apply for bridging-open work permit and start searching for a new employer while waiting for the PR decision to be made?

Last edited:

nav11in

Dec 30, 2020
@legalfalcon MY AOR is December 2020 , In the month of February My wife has changed her job, Do I need to let IRCC about the chang.Actually I have not claimed her experience in the ITA. Please suggest

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon MY AOR is December 2020 , In the month of February My wife has changed her job, Do I need to let IRCC about the chang.Actually I have not claimed her experience in the ITA. Please suggest

For dependent spouse you do not get any points unless the work experience is in Canada. So there is no need to inform.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Actually she is having Canadian experience less than 1 year and she changed her job in Canada. She wil complete her 1 year of experience in April end. Please suggest
If you did not claim points for it, then its does not matter. IF you did claim points for the work experience, then just inform IRCC that you are no longer working with the employer for which points were claimed, no need to submit any documents.

Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just trying to get some info from the people who applied before me. I'm a FEB 2021 applicant and below is my timeline-

CEC INLAND-

ITA- JAN 21, 2021
AOR- FEB 17
BIL/MEDICAL PASS -MARCH 3
BIO DONE - MARCH 3
APPLICATION/UPDATED - MARCH 18
ELIGIBILITY PASSED (CALLED IRCC) - MARCH 19
BACKGROUND CHECK - IN PROGRESS

How long does it take after background is completed? Is my file going fast or normal?

Any advice/comments are appreciated :)

Reactions: hyong1991

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just trying to get some info from the people who applied before me. I'm a FEB 2021 applicant and below is my timeline-

CEC INLAND-

ITA- JAN 21, 2021
AOR- FEB 17
BIL/MEDICAL PASS -MARCH 3
BIO DONE - MARCH 3
APPLICATION/UPDATED - MARCH 18
ELIGIBILITY PASSED (CALLED IRCC) - MARCH 19
BACKGROUND CHECK - IN PROGRESS

How long does it take after background is completed? Is my file going fast or normal?

Any advice/comments are appreciated :)
Your case is super fast! Congrats by the way! May I know which VO ?