+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

lin9901

Feb 3, 2021
Did anyone get the RPRF - Right to Permanent Residence Fee - request? My AOR was December 16, Medicals passed, got the request for biometrics and got the RPRF request yesterday.

Reactions: MatEst

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Did anyone get the RPRF - Right to Permanent Residence Fee - request? My AOR was December 16, Medicals passed, got the request for biometrics and got the RPRF request yesterday.
Yes, other people have gotten the request. Pay as soon as possible, it means your file is being worked on

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I saw your posts on discrepancy and it got me a bit worried.
In 2018 I applied for a study permit which I was letter refused, while filling out the employment section I only listed my part-time jobs, and excluded my fill-time job. In Dec 2020, I submitted my P.R application in which I am now claiming points for my full-time job only( Reference letter and every necessary documents were attached). I mentioned those part-time jobs in personal history, and also attached the study permit refusal letter and a letter of explanation stating that they were part-time jobs. Do you think there will be any issues? FSW outland.

Each application is different and how it is assessed is based on the facts and circumstances. However, my post only provides a guidance based on how the law has been interpreted.

The issue is, whether prior TRV application in which an employment detail was left out can be added to the PR application, and would this inconsistency be of any concern.

The answer is simple. If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided.

Now I will not be deliberating that if the prior application was refused, why it should be looked into again, or you file a TRV before and you did not disclose an employment but subsequently claimed pints for it in PR and got a PPR without any issues. This is all anecdotal. Just because someone was not caught, does not make him innocent or the law different.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

However, if you have explained the omission, it will be considered and you don't have to worry. In any application you file with any immigration authority, you have to be truthful.

Hajimuktar

Oct 16, 2019
Each application is different and how it is assessed is based on the facts and circumstances. However, my post only provides a guidance based on how the law has been interpreted.

The issue is, whether prior TRV application in which an employment detail was left out can be added to the PR application, and would this inconsistency be of any concern.

The answer is simple. If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided.

Now I will not be deliberating that if the prior application was refused, why it should be looked into again, or you file a TRV before and you did not disclose an employment but subsequently claimed pints for it in PR and got a PPR without any issues. This is all anecdotal. Just because someone was not caught, does not make him innocent or the law different.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

However, if you have explained the omission, it will be considered and you don't have to worry. In any application you file with any immigration authority, you have to be truthful.
Thank you so much.

Reactions: legalfalcon

MRafik

Jan 1, 2021
Hi ,

i just did today the Biometrics and it was updated on my application after 2 hours , but my progress bar disappeared is this normal or should i worry?

Also once i have medical passed and biometrics submitted , does this mean that the R10 completeness check is completed and now i am waiting for the background check and the authenticity verification of the documents submitted ?

AOR: 29 DEC
MEP: 1 Feb
Biometrics updated: 3 Feb

Thanks for the help

doug87z

Oct 11, 2015
CEC-Inland
ITA: Nov 18, 2020
AOR: Dec 16, 2020
Upfront medical: Passed on Jan 22, 2021

I have done the bio on Jan, 2019, which is valid till 2029, but my spouse still needs bio.
Is that normal I haven't got the bio instruction letter yet?

Thanks!!!
Im in the same boat, can someone advice on this plz.

MED passed on Jan 26. My wife provided BIO on 2019 but they havent requested mine. Wife is the principal.

Thanks!

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
it will be updated soon, as for most of us it comes the next day or within week
We had declared our daughter as mildly autistic. Is every case like that forwarded to the CMAU? Heard the lead time is longer if the cases are forwarded to them.

travelloverz

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone

FSW Outland (Germany)
AOR: 21.12.2020
MEP & BIL: 21.01.2021
Biometrics: 01.02.2021

Now let the waiting begin :)
Hey everyone, I need your support please

After MEP and BIL, myCIC status changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”.

Does this mean they actually started checking? Or is it just a status that changes automatically after MEP?

Also, I gave biometrics on 01.02.2021 but status still shows “We need your fingerprints to process your application” etc. I can see the biometrics in myCIC though...

I am AOR 21.12.2020, FSWO. Thanks a lot