Hello,
FSW - Outland
ITA - 25 November
Medical - 8 December
AOR - 20 December
BIL - 21 January
Full fees paid
Status bar - 18%
How to book an appointment for Biometrics in India? Anyone has an idea or if anyone has booked the same recently? If no, any idea when the booking for FSW will resume as I can see it only for other categories - Spouse, Student, Family etc.
Hope for the best....possibly sometime in Feb, becasue in most other countries have been accepting all types of appointments for over a months now

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't think any of the VACs in India are accepting biometrics for PR applications at the moment, including Hyderabad. They are gradually opening up...last week they opened for work permit, all study permits (not just DLI) and returnees to Canada. You can wait for sometime, or visit any nearby centres (such as Dubai, Dhaka, Kathmandu), but they too have a queue...around 6 to 8 weeks wait time from what I have heard. But still doable at an extra cost.
There is no queue in Nepal. You can get an appointment for 2nd week of Feb easily

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I just got a ghost update in my profile, an email came saying that my status has been updated. In fact nothing changed. As I learned from that forum it’s normal to have GU from time to time
I had the dame thing a few days before MEP and a day after MEP with nothing changing in my profile

Last edited:
Reactions: Chirusua

Fidiya21

Aug 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020
I just got a ghost update in my profile, an email came saying that my status has been updated. In fact nothing changed. As I learned from that forum it’s normal to have GU from time to time
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
My background check hasn't changed after MEP even with an email of an update

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
My background check hasn't changed after MEP even with an email of an update
In my humble opinion it is very useless to follow up what so called IP1 2 or NA ..whatsoever in practice when an employee post a transaction in your profile that requires for example two successor approvals it becomes unavailable for you as viewer because it is processing in the background in the system.

For example for background check the status is not started, an employee release its staus and change it then an approver will receive the notification to work on this profile thats probably when you see not available because the status is floating without approval that time, if 1st approver releases it from his side it becomes initially approved probably see it in progress a second and final approval gives you a transaction is completed.

The point is though most applications go for the same process but is not fixed not a bible they could keep negotiating a transaction in between back and forth for days and an applicant goes in sane following a muted conversation thinking that he caught a ghost update.

I work with similar systems and explaining transactions from the abstract is so unreliable.

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
CEC-Inland
AOR: 21st December, 2020.

Got the following updates today, 22nd January, 2020.

• Medical passed
  • Biometrics detail updated with biometric number and validity
  • UCI updated to reflect original UCI of previous visa applications

rwallace4

Jul 23, 2020
Chicago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USCIS Chicago-South
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-13-2020
AOR Received.
12-19-2020
Med's Request
12-03-2020
Med's Done....
01-21-2021

ankitg3434

Oct 11, 2020
Look up VACs in Seattle, NYC and San Francisco, all three are open for biometric appointments at least next week (I don't think have they have a schedule available for the weeks after next week). I got an appointment in Seattle
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/biometrics.html
I checked all four VFSGlobal sites and couldn't find any appointments. Really concerned that this is going to delay my application

EDIT: Called the operator and there's many appointments available for Seattle but the airfare is crazy expensive these days so I will wait one or two weeks to see if I can get something in NYC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I checked all four VFSGlobal sites and couldn't find any appointments. Really concerned that this is going to delay my application
Wow they get booked fast. Earlier this week Seattle had whole week open for appointments. New York and San Francisco only had next Thursday open though

rwallace4

Jul 23, 2020
Chicago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USCIS Chicago-South
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-13-2020
AOR Received.
12-19-2020
Med's Request
12-03-2020
Med's Done....
01-21-2021

EDIT: Called the operator and there's many appointments available for Seattle but the airfare is crazy expensive these days so I will wait one or two weeks to see if I can get something in NYC.
Seattle was super expensive coming out of Chicago. Actually San Francisco was my cheapest ticket. You'll get your Biometrics. Good luck, we will get in.

Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Seattle was super expensive coming out of Chicago. Actually San Francisco was my cheapest ticket. You'll get your Biometrics. Good luck, we will get in.
Nice! I got Alaska Airlines flight from ORD to Seattle for $230 roundtrip. It is my understanding that San Francisco requires to quarantine (I may be totally wrong so don't quote me on that), so I went with Seattle