+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have just received an email requesting for passports of me and my spouse for CoPR. However, i am planning on divorcing my wife in the near future. This process takes a long time and obviously will not be making the journey to Canada. My question is, are there any rules that state that both applicants who applied need to land in Canada together (i am primary applicant). Will there be any complications if i make the journey alone and she doesn't accompany me even though she gets a PR too? I'm hoping that both our PR visas are not connected in any way together.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have just received an email requesting for passports of me and my spouse for CoPR. However, i am planning on divorcing my wife in the near future. This process takes a long time and obviously will not be making the journey to Canada. My question is, are there any rules that state that both applicants who applied need to land in Canada together (i am primary applicant). Will there be any complications if i make the journey alone and she doesn't accompany me even though she gets a PR too? I'm hoping that both our PR visas are not connected in any way together.
If you are Principal Applicant, you can land alone.

JM_X

Star Member
Oct 14, 2021
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
You must inform IRCC once your martial status changes and can always determine who is accompanying you. Inform them via webform before you travel and get their advise.

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
Understood. But we are only going to officially start that process after a few months. Which is why i though i can go land i canada alone and then come back for the divorce process. Would that work?

chethosoap

Jan 29, 2021
Even though you both applied in one application. the COPR is not tightly coupled. My friend and his wife got the COPR. But my friend travelled on Sep 2022 and his wife travelled in Dec. The only constraint is you have to land before your COPR expires. They really dont care if both of you land together or separately. It will not matter if she doesnt travel at all. you can travel alone.