+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** DECEMBER 2020 AOR - CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE & UPDATES*****

venkat3056

Jun 22, 2021
Did you guys see these articles? Potentially could be good news for us
1) https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/express-entry-ircc-finalizing-over-14000-cec-applications-and-under-600-fswp-applications-per-month-1219746.html#gs.hsy3u5
2) https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/canada-has-a-backlog-of-nearly-1-8-million-immigration-applications-1119651.html#gs.hsy9xk

Looking at these articles, there are 48,225 CEC applications as of October 27, 2021 and IRCC is finalizing 14K applications per month.
Since CEC draw has stopped from September there has been no increase in 48K applications.

Also, since IRCC releases monthly updates, we can assume that they would have processed 14K applications by October end and November end which is a total of 28K processed applications.
Going by this data, IRCC currently would be left with 48K - 28K = 20K applications at the start of December 2021.

And if they go by the same 14K processing speed per month, I think all our CEC applications would be finalized max by end of January 2022. This is my observation by reading these articles.

Please let me know your thoughts. Fingers crossed!!

notSuspect

Nov 3, 2021
Did you guys see these articles? Potentially could be good news for us
1) https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/express-entry-ircc-finalizing-over-14000-cec-applications-and-under-600-fswp-applications-per-month-1219746.html#gs.hsy3u5
2) https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/canada-has-a-backlog-of-nearly-1-8-million-immigration-applications-1119651.html#gs.hsy9xk

Looking at these articles, there are 48,225 CEC applications as of October 27, 2021 and IRCC is finalizing 14K applications per month.
Since CEC draw has stopped from September there has been no increase in 48K applications.

Also, since IRCC releases monthly updates, we can assume that they would have processed 14K applications by October end and November end which is a total of 28K processed applications.
Going by this data, IRCC currently would be left with 48K - 28K = 20K applications at the start of December 2021.

And if they go by the same 14K processing speed per month, I think all our CEC applications would be finalized max by end of January 2022. This is my observation by reading these articles.

Please let me know your thoughts. Fingers crossed!!
Unfourtanetely, it means nothing. Looks like IRCC does not have a stack of files which they process one by one. Some people get their CORP in several weeks, others have to wait for months and months regardless complexity of an application. There could be the situation when IRCC reduces the number of applications in the backlog and starts invite new CEC without touching your file.

Looks like there is no logic behind how they choose what to process and in which order. IRCC is the government organization that does not have competitors and does not earn money directly from their clients, so customer comfort and satsfaction not in their favour.

Alex Murray

Sep 4, 2019
Unfourtanetely, it means nothing. Looks like IRCC does not have a stack of files which they process one by one. Some people get their CORP in several weeks, others have to wait for months and months regardless complexity of an application. There could be the situation when IRCC reduces the number of applications in the backlog and starts invite new CEC without touching your file.

Looks like there is no logic behind how they choose what to process and in which order. IRCC is the government organization that does not have competitors and does not earn money directly from their clients, so customer comfort and satsfaction not in their favour.
Then there are TR to PR applications as well

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Dec 16 AOR , Inland CEC with outland dependent
Medicals cleared Jan 2021 and no update since then
Agents are not entertaining for Afghan Crisis and MP came back with basically the same status that I see online .
Twittered the shit out of PM and Immigration minister even the new one Sean , signed petitions but nothing . Does anyone have any other ways where they have seen any results.

For Dependents is it a better idea to apply for visitors . For India it says 43 days now , not sure if that's even true . Any suggestions / experiences can be helpful . Thanks

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Dec 16 AOR , Inland CEC with outland dependent
Medicals cleared Jan 2021 and no update since then
Agents are not entertaining for Afghan Crisis and MP came back with basically the same status that I see online .
Twittered the shit out of PM and Immigration minister even the new one Sean , signed petitions but nothing . Does anyone have any other ways where they have seen any results.

For Dependents is it a better idea to apply for visitors . For India it says 43 days now , not sure if that's even true . Any suggestions / experiences can be helpful . Thanks
It says 43 days but when you will get to the Biometrics appointment at VFS site, you will not get a slot until July 2022 at any center. But if you are ready to pay anywhere between 30 to 15k per applicant, you will get an appointment.
This is just another scheme of IRCC to get money from us and for their partners to earn.
I suggest you go for Visisotr visa if their Biometrics are already done.

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
It says 43 days but when you will get to the Biometrics appointment at VFS site, you will not get a slot until July 2022 at any center. But if you are ready to pay anywhere between 30 to 15k per applicant, you will get an appointment.
This is just another scheme of IRCC to get money from us and for their partners to earn.
I suggest you go for Visisotr visa if their Biometrics are already done.
Well We have a joint a joint PR application thats on hold and the biometrics on that are valid for 10 years . So you can skip that altogether

venkat3056

Jun 22, 2021
Same here. Still waiting. AOR Dec 24, 2020.
Primary Office: Etobicoke; Secondary Office: Vancouver (Not sure where my profile would be currently)
Medicals passed. Everything else is still pending
Got a ghost update on Nov 2 but nothing changed AFAIK

I do see people who applied in 2021 getting quick responses even with Etobicoke.

AP6

Nov 19, 2021
Same here. Still waiting. AOR Dec 24, 2020.
Primary Office: Etobicoke; Secondary Office: Vancouver (Not sure where my profile would be currently)
Medicals passed. Everything else is still pending
Got a ghost update on Nov 2 but nothing changed AFAIK

I do see people who applied in 2021 getting quick responses even with Etobicoke.
Same here dec 11 aor no update after medical… not sure how should I check VO