+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** DECEMBER 2020 AOR - CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE & UPDATES*****

AP6

Nov 19, 2021
I applied for GCMS twice in the last 6 months and have not received it yet. No response citing Afghan issue for Webforms. MP also the came back with the same status available online. Calls are not connecting to an IRCC agent. I don't know what are the options left.
It luckily did connect me to agent once and she was so hopeless… said no info apart from regular answer

Reactions: venkat3056
Nov 13, 2021
Hi, dec 3 I got my aor. So it’s exactly an year next week. Do I need to redo my Medicals and upload with web form ? Or should wait for them to reach me ? Please help

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi, dec 3 I got my aor. So it’s exactly an year next week. Do I need to redo my Medicals and upload with web form ? Or should wait for them to reach me ? Please help
I raised the same query few days back and I was told that "no action needed from my side and IRCC will do the extension or ask to redo the medical" . It means they will inform you nothing pending from your side.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi All,

I applied BOWP on August 24, 2021 and my Work Permit got expired on Sep 20, 2021. BOWP is still in progress.
In the BOWP Authorization letter, it says that:
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions
(ie: employer and occupation) until Dec 21, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Does it mean that I can work only until Dec 21, 2021? If I don't receive my BOWP extension by then, should I apply for an extension again?
I read in this article https://whistlerimmigration.com/clarification-on-implied-status-for-work-permit-extensions/ that this date is only for reference and we can continue working under existing conditions until a decision is made on PR application.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can provide clarification on this?

Also, my Spouse in OWP has applied for Open Work Permit Extension alongside myself and has been authorized to work until Dec 28, 2021.
Can she change jobs during this time period? In fact she is unable to join any organization as they are asking for a renewed WP.

PR Details - AOR - 24 DEC 2020
No updates after Medical Passed.
VO Etobicoke

We are so stressed. Losing every opportunity and hoping for the PR/ WP at some point in life.
Dear @legalfalcon, please help here. Very confusing wording when applying for WP extension.

sumanpurba

Dec 6, 2018
Hi dec 29 2020 here vo etobicoke inland single applicat got 2 times gcms same status from lat 9 months contacted MP same status can i contact MP again?

nizamikn

Sep 21, 2021
This government is a joke. If you are CEC & waiting for 18+ months, I can't comprehend any logical reasons for the delay other than criminal record or some faulty applications. It's been a year since my AOR and I've not got any updates from IRCC (submitted GCMS 3 months ago and still haven't received any update).

How are they processing some applications in 1-2 months if there are so many backlogs due to COVID/Afghanistan etc? Do they not have the technology? Is it possible that my visa officer is just lazy and never bothered to look at my application? They requested my RCMP back in Feb/March and totally forgot about my application.

Paid 100k+ in tuition and employment taxes, attended a reputable university, killed the IELTS and worked 1.5+ years. What else do they need? If their intention is to increase immigration and they can't process backlogs, they have really failed badly.

How is it fair that they issued PR to new graduates in 2021 in 1-2 months whereas other international students just 1-2 months ago were barely beating 480+ CRS scores back in Dec 2020. This government is a joke.

venkat3056

Jun 22, 2021
Rightly said. It has been 11+ months for me and I don't understand what's wrong. My main concern is why the applications are NOT being processed in a linear fashion.
Anybody who is applying PR today is getting them within 4 months . If ircc at least publish the actual status of the backlog applications and why it's taking a long time, we can try to understand the problems at their end.
So far I have not been asked for any document and I am at my wits end. I am not sure whether I made any mistake at my end OR it's IRCC who is just not taking the time to look at my application. I am fearing rejection daily and am not able to focus on anything else. It's depressing to say the least.

My gut feeling is that ircc has just chosen to ignore the previous applications that have crossed 6+ months in favor of looking at the current applications. In that case, they can claim to process all applications within 6 months and in any case, the old applications have already crossed the deadline, so who cares if it's delayed more.
It's always good to take more people and refugees, but they should also increase their operational capacity. In an attempt to address the current crisis, I believe they want to hit PR on as many applications as possible faster within 6 months deadline. So they are ignoring the old applications.

No response on GCMS which I applied for twice 3 months before. I applied BOWP 3 months back and they have steadily been updating the processing time every week.
My spouse is not able to work despite clearing the interview for jobs and she is completely shattered and depressed due to this dilapidated system. It's a drudgery to get anything done in life until we get an update on this.

I am really praying & hoping for a miracle at this point for IRCC to do something about this :(

Last edited:

Alex Murray

Sep 4, 2019
This government is a joke. If you are CEC & waiting for 18+ months, I can't comprehend any logical reasons for the delay other than criminal record or some faulty applications. It's been a year since my AOR and I've not got any updates from IRCC (submitted GCMS 3 months ago and still haven't received any update).

How are they processing some applications in 1-2 months if there are so many backlogs due to COVID/Afghanistan etc? Do they not have the technology? Is it possible that my visa officer is just lazy and never bothered to look at my application? They requested my RCMP back in Feb/March and totally forgot about my application.

Paid 100k+ in tuition and employment taxes, attended a reputable university, killed the IELTS and worked 1.5+ years. What else do they need? If their intention is to increase immigration and they can't process backlogs, they have really failed badly.

How is it fair that they issued PR to new graduates in 2021 in 1-2 months whereas other international students just 1-2 months ago were barely beating 480+ CRS scores back in Dec 2020. This government is a joke.
I am waiting for almost a year, eligibility even not started, it’s a Sham, now taken decision to move out of canada. I don’t think IRCC really cares about people and their mental health.