+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** DECEMBER 2020 AOR - CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE & UPDATES*****

venkat3056

Jun 22, 2021
Hi All,

I applied BOWP on August 24, 2021 and my Work Permit got expired on Sep 20, 2021. BOWP is still in progress.
In the BOWP Authorization letter, it says that:
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions
(ie: employer and occupation) until Dec 21, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Does it mean that I can work only until Dec 21, 2021? If I don't receive my BOWP extension by then, should I apply for an extension again?
I read in this article https://whistlerimmigration.com/clarification-on-implied-status-for-work-permit-extensions/ that this date is only for reference and we can continue working under existing conditions until a decision is made on PR application.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can provide clarification on this?

Also, my Spouse in OWP has applied for Open Work Permit Extension alongside myself and has been authorized to work until Dec 28, 2021.
Can she change jobs during this time period? In fact she is unable to join any organization as they are asking for a renewed WP.

PR Details - AOR - 24 DEC 2020
No updates after Medical Passed.
VO Etobicoke

We are so stressed. Losing every opportunity and hoping for the PR/ WP at some point in life.

Last edited:

rcj100

Nov 5, 2020
Hi All,

I applied BOWP on August 24, 2021 and my Work Permit got expired on Sep 20, 2021. BOWP is still in progress.
In the BOWP Authorization letter, it says that:
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions
(ie: employer and occupation) until Dec 21, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Does it mean that I can work only until Dec 21, 2021? If I don't receive my BOWP extension by then, should I apply for an extension again?
I read in this article https://whistlerimmigration.com/clarification-on-implied-status-for-work-permit-extensions/ that this date is only for reference and we can continue working under existing conditions until a decision is made on PR application.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can provide clarification on this?

Also, my Spouse in OWP has applied for Open Work Permit Extension alongside myself and has been authorized to work until Dec 28, 2021.
Can she change jobs during this time period? In fact she is unable to join any organization as they are asking for a renewed WP.

PR Details - AOR - 24 DEC 2020
No updates after Medical Passed.
VO Etobicoke

We are so stressed. Losing every opportunity and hoping for the PR/ WP at some point in life.
Submit a webform or call IRCC and ask them what will be the next step

Reactions: venkat3056

venkat3056

Jun 22, 2021
Submit a webform or call IRCC and ask them what will be the next step

I applied for GCMS twice in the last 6 months and have not received it yet. No response citing Afghan issue for Webforms. MP also the came back with the same status available online. Calls are not connecting to an IRCC agent. I don't know what are the options left.