File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi all. Does anyone have experience with their VO requesting documents that you already included? We just received an email requesting the divorce certificate for previous marriage, but we already included the original. It's also from another country and it can only be obtained in person so it's impossible for us to get it again now. So frustrating.
Did you photocopy it? I'd send that with an explanation. Then try to get it in the meantime just in case they won't accept it.

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I think it is weird for them to ask you that essential document almost a year after they received your application. Shouldn't they return your application if it is incomplete?

Country specific requirement. Do they require you to send original document and not a copy?

Any chance that they are questioning the legality of previous divorce? e.g. since it is overseas divorce, any one of your spouse and his/her ex had lived in that country for more than a year before divorce date.

Those are the questions that I can think of.
It is weird and incompetent. We are 100% sure the document was included, so either they can't read or lost it. The original was a requirement for UAE. There shouldn't be question of legality since it's a stamped original and both had lived in the UAE for 10 years.

They requested it by email so they're not asking for the original again. It's just that the copy we have was more of a photo rather than a proper scan so it's not 100% clear. But I suppose we will send that and explain original was included and hope that will be enough. I'm wondering if others have gone through something similar.

This process is so long and stressful enough that we really don't need more unnecessary issues added to it.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
It is weird and incompetent. We are 100% sure the document was included, so either they can't read or lost it. The original was a requirement for UAE. There shouldn't be question of legality since it's a stamped original and both had lived in the UAE for 10 years.

They requested it by email so they're not asking for the original again. It's just that the copy we have was more of a photo rather than a proper scan so it's not 100% clear. But I suppose we will send that and explain original was included and hope that will be enough. I'm wondering if others have gone through something similar.

This process is so long and stressful enough that we really don't need more unnecessary issues added to it.
I would say, order complete GCMS notes that include all the documents you submitted to IRCC.

Select the following options when you order GCMS notes:
*What type of record would you like to request?
Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class or Refugee Sponsorship
*Specify the type of file you are requesting:
Immigration file (i.e. information that belong to the sponsored person(s))
*Which specific information are you looking for?
The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC

Hopefully, this may help.

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Hello everyone, my wife submitted her passport for reissue (to add my name in the spouse's name entry in the passport). Do we need to submit a webform informing CIC/IRCC regarding this change after we get the new passport, or do you think if we submit the new passport after PPR would that suffice? We are not sure if this small update would delay our application even further. Also do we need to submit a new PCC associated with this new passport?

Any leads/links for relevant blog posts appreciated!:)
Hi, We are thinking to do the same, can you update me what happened with your file? is it ok to update details while the PR application is in process, also how long it took to change name in passport in India?

Please guide me through it, thanks!

anujcuce

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Hi, We are thinking to do the same, can you update me what happened with your file? is it ok to update details while the PR application is in process, also how long it took to change name in passport in India?

Please guide me through it, thanks!
Yes we did submit the IRCC webform today with the reissued passport and also the old passport pdf for IRCC's reference. In the complete guide for spousal PR application, it is clearly mentioned that any updates in the documents should be addressed asap. Please see below excerpt from the complete guide:

""The person you’re sponsoring and their accompanying family members must have valid passports or travel documents when they arrive. Any documents that are about to expire should be renewed. The person being sponsored should send copies of the new passport or travel document to the office processing the application.
If the passport of the person you are sponsoring or their accompanying family members (if applicable) is renewed or replaced while their application is in process, you must advise us as soon as possible to avoid delays.
You can’t use diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports to immigrate to Canada. The person being sponsored must have a valid regular or private passport when they arrive.""

It took us 7 days to add spouse's name on principal applicant's passport (under normal application type at PSK center). If you do tatkal (expedited) application type, it would be even quicker. Choose Reissue of passport when you choose application type at PSK center.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anuj

Reactions: immietc

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Yes we did submit the IRCC webform today with the reissued passport and also the old passport pdf for IRCC's reference. In the complete guide for spousal PR application, it is clearly mentioned that any updates in the documents should be addressed asap. Please see below excerpt from the complete guide:

""The person you’re sponsoring and their accompanying family members must have valid passports or travel documents when they arrive. Any documents that are about to expire should be renewed. The person being sponsored should send copies of the new passport or travel document to the office processing the application.
If the passport of the person you are sponsoring or their accompanying family members (if applicable) is renewed or replaced while their application is in process, you must advise us as soon as possible to avoid delays.
You can’t use diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports to immigrate to Canada. The person being sponsored must have a valid regular or private passport when they arrive.""

It took us 7 days to add spouse's name on principal applicant's passport (under normal application type at PSK center). If you do tatkal (expedited) application type, it would be even quicker. Choose Reissue of passport when you choose application type at PSK center.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anuj
Thanks so much Anuj for quick reply, did you have to wait long for police verification again, or there isn't one for just changing surname and adding spouse name?

Please keep me posted if you receive any updates and what happens next, do you have to submit PCC again?, because passport number changes and how that affect to the processing file.

Our file is moved to Ottawa-VO and I have received AOR2(update on ecas)
File received date: March 2020 applicant

Is it worth to update name in passport at this stage, what do you think?

Once again thank you.
-PS

anujcuce

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Thanks so much Anuj for quick reply, did you have to wait long for police verification again, or there isn't one for just changing surname and adding spouse name?

Please keep me posted if you receive any updates and what happens next, do you have to submit PCC again?, because passport number changes and how that affect to the processing file.

Our file is moved to Ottawa-VO and I have received AOR2(update on ecas)
File received date: March 2020 applicant

Is it worth to update name in passport at this stage, what do you think?

Once again thank you.
-PS
There will only be police verification required for the passport reissue. No need for a new PCC since its not requested specifically by IRCC. For our case, my wife did not change her name, it was just my name added to her passport.

I would suggest not to change your surname in these times as it can delay the processing significantly (I understand as per indian traditions it has to be changed at some point of time, but if it can wait until you get PR, I would suggest waiting for it). For spouse name addition, like in my case, it is a fairly simple and quick process with Indian authorities, they only need to see marriage certificate for it.

Reactions: immietc

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
There will only be police verification required for the passport reissue. No need for a new PCC since its not requested specifically by IRCC. For our case, my wife did not change her name, it was just my name added to her passport.

I would suggest not to change your surname in these times as it can delay the processing significantly (I understand as per indian traditions it has to be changed at some point of time, but if it can wait until you get PR, I would suggest waiting for it). For spouse name addition, like in my case, it is a fairly simple and quick process with Indian authorities, they only need to see marriage certificate for it.
Ok, thanks so much for your suggestion, it makes sense, I was confused about it, but I think I will keep it AS IS rather not change anything.

All the best for your application and I hope you hear DM soon!

Cheers!
-Punit

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi
Is there anyone from Istanbul here ??
I want to ask about how long Time should I take the visa sticker in the passport?
pr visa

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
Dear members ,
My wife who is in Canada submitted Application for a Permanent Residence under Provincial Nominee Program Class in Canada dated June 7, 2018. Later we were married on February 2019 & added me as her spouse to her PR application (I'm an Indian, currently working in Kuwait). When we checked our online application status, there is a note that the decision has been made, however, in our MyCIC online profile, the note stated that the application still in progress. It has been since long we haven't had any updates. What does it mean, any clues???

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hey there! I am from Bangladesh i got my DM on june after that literally no update. Vfs still off here. Is there anyone from Bangladesh or India got copr or pr request in October or stamped your passport please let me know