+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

NervousGnome

Oct 20, 2019
Glad to see DM's are finally coming to the December applicants again!
We received AOR 2 from Mississauga yesterday. The PA's side had said "Application Received" since February but it has now changed to In Process. Hopefully we all receive DMs soon. PA is from the UK.

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi all this is my final timeline thank you for your support,
Application Received : December 18
AOR: Jan 10
Bio: Jan 21
SA: Jan 24
File transfer to Daressalaam VO: feb 1
AOR2: Feb3
Med req: March 6
Med received: March 13
Pre- arrival: Sept 4
PPR: Sept 10
Passport Sent: Sept 11
COPR issued: sept 22
COPR picked up: sept 25
Landed: Oct 05
Can’t believe I am officially a PR. Hope everyone’s application goes fast too.

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
I also noticed decision made in my case (I’m the PA). I take it the decision isn’t reflected on the online tool for you either? Do you know if it shows for anyone online?

I wish you approval for you and your husband to be reunited
Yeah it’s not reflected for us either. I guess we just have to wait and hopefully hear something this upcoming week.

my husband was planning on moving to Canada October 27, and we would just finish it here. But I think we might postpone his date just so he can finish it in korea, since they move much quicker than us.

I hope it’s a positive decision for you two as well

Reactions: Sonali1990

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone has applied for TRV recently? How did it go? I am a permanent resident and looking to apply TRV for my spouse in India. I read in previous posts that they are rejecting TRVs while a spousal sponsorship application is in progress. I am just looking for a fresh update on this. Is it worth to apply?

Thanks in advance!

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone has applied for TRV recently? How did it go? I am a permanent resident and looking to apply TRV for my spouse in India. I read in previous posts that they are rejecting TRVs while a spousal sponsorship application is in progress. I am just looking for a fresh update on this. Is it worth to apply?

Thanks in advance!
I took the chance in June when they first allowed the immediate family of Canadian/PR and even after following all instructions, to add the purpose of Visit, COVID-19, the application was put on hold and refused in July.

I would say, take your chance, only $100. Might you will be with your spouse next month.

There will be no negative effect on your sponsorship application.

Good Luck and keep us updated if you going to apply.

Cody77

Jan 6, 2020
So strange, two days ago we got an email from IRCC Hong Kong (where our file currently is) that asked for the following:
Client Information: please provide information of your previous common-law relationship, including name and date of birth of your ex-partner, duration of the relationship and current status of such relationship. This must be received at this office by: 2020/11/08
Which is strange because I have not had a previous common law or marriage partner, and we definitely ticked "no" on the form where it asked about this. Our lawyer sent them back an email on the webform explaining this, hopefully it was just an error on their side... but still annoying.

At this point, we're just waiting on the Decision Made, and it seems almost like they're just inventing reasons to delay the process. Last month, we were asked to send two passport sized photos of my partner (the one being sponsored) and any updates to our Schedule A. Our lawyer said that it's a good sign... just waiting now.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
[
I took the chance in June when they first allowed the immediate family of Canadian/PR and even after following all instructions, to add the purpose of Visit, COVID-19, the application was put on hold and refused in July.

I would say, take your chance, only $100. Might you will be with your spouse next month.

There will be no negative effect on your sponsorship application.

Good Luck and keep us updated if you going to apply.
Thanks for your reply!

Did they give you any reason for rejecting your TRV application?

I am also curious to know what are the chances of an application exceeding 12 months period pre and post COVID? I applied in January as an outland.

Thanks,

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
[

Thanks for your reply!

I am also curious to know what are the chances of an application exceeding 12 months period pre and post COVID? I applied in January as an outland.

Thanks,
Both high depending on your country and where you application is sent after the initial stage. Need more details in regards to applicants country then you follow the forum for that country to get a better idea of what everyone is going through.

People do get through in less. Just depends

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
PA is from India and January outland applicant. Application was sent to CPC Mississauga on Feb 18.

Is there a forum for a country to track progress?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
[

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks,
The same reason that everyone gets, 179b, ties to Canada and India.

Under Covid-19, you cannot say how long your sponsorship will take. I applied in Dec -2019. Still waiting on CPC-M.