+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
My community group just had a teleconference Q&A session just like minutes ago with the honorable Minister Ahmed Hussen . I did ask about the rumour that there is no more standard processing time in regard to spousal sponsorship application. He confirmed that it is not true, the standard is still 12 months. No changes.

Hope that helps. Like others have mentioned, take the comments from cic lower level agent with a grain of salt. If not at all.

If it is not clearly mentioned in the cic website, don't buy it

Last edited:

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
My community group just had a teleconference Q&A session just like minutes ago with the honorable Minister Ahmed Hussen . I did ask about the rumour that there is no more standard processing time in regard to spousal sponsorship application. He confirmed that it is not true, the standard is still 12 months. No changes.

Hope that helps. Like others have mentioned, take the comments from cic lower level agent with a grain of salt. If not at all.

omg thank you so much.Next month I will be 12
Months .

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
omg thank you so much.Next month I will be 12
Months .
Remember, the 12 month estimate is indicative of 80% of files that were processed within that time frame in the past. It is by no means a guarantee. And, compound that with COVID....Everyone should manage there expectations accordingly.

Reactions: Nina12

srivatsan90

Sep 5, 2017

Hi Did you ask about resumption of work in visa offices ? Do they know when the processing will start again ?

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018

Any tips/info you can share on spousal sponsorship from your meeting with the minister?

Reactions: rrss13

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Sorry folks, I did not ask any further questions. The only thing I wanted to know is whether the processing time is still 12 months. And it was answered.

Narinder261990

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/canada-immigration-sharply-curtailed-by-covid-19-study-12785962

Does this mean no spousal applications this year? Or am i reading between the lines. The indefinite delay tells a different story.
You are reading wrong. This study show that due to COVID restriction applications can be less than expected as every country has lockdown and it may difficult for people to complete their application. Thats all. Do dont't lose hope and share only positive vibes only. Everything will be fine. Take Care of yourself and your loved ones.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
You are reading wrong. This study show that due to COVID restriction applications can be less than expected as every country has lockdown and it may difficult for people to complete their application. Thats all. Do dont't lose hope and share only positive vibes only. Everything will be fine. Take Care of yourself and your loved ones.
Yes you are right...over analysing every article negatively is no way. Thanks for that. All the best .