+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Received my wife's passport back from Ottawa in the mail along with the CoPR now.
Hi,
Congratulations to you.! If you don't mind; could you please tell me when did you send the passport for processing and how long did Ottawa office take to process and send it back to you.?
Cheers,

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi,
I ended up sending a webform because of the wrong dates on when friends met my spouse and they replied with a generic replyy and I still do not know if i have to submit the form again through webform or mail. And i was told my application is now sent to London visa office.

What should i do

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019

apaw

Mar 5, 2020
Can anyone speak to the contents of the envelope when they received their confirmation forms? My husband is British and so didn't need to send his passport in. He received his paperwork today and the envelope had been ripped open--he received 2 copies of the form and a photo of himself. Really hoping they keep the passport photocopies and not return them?

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Can anyone speak to the contents of the envelope when they received their confirmation forms? My husband is British and so didn't need to send his passport in. He received his paperwork today and the envelope had been ripped open--he received 2 copies of the form and a photo of himself. Really hoping they keep the passport photocopies and not return them?
Hi,

Did you mean you received the CoPR and the photograph.? If so, then that is exactly what you should be expecting to receive. My wife is a US citizen and we just sent copies of her passport and 2 photographs. We have not received the CoPR yet but I remember from my PR process that the CoPR comes with - 2 copies of the confirmations and 1 photograph.

Please share if you have other concerns.

Regards

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Just to add, are you concerned that someone might have opened the package and taken out the passport copy of your husband.? If so, I would highly doubt that, as the package is delivered using a tracked national mail (at least in Canada - Canada Post). Opening the package without someone's consent is no less than a crime. Since you just sent the photocopy of your husband's passport and not the original passport; CIC may have decided to keep it (but i would doubt them doing so). I will share more details with you once we get our package back from Ottawa next week or so.

Regards

Bakedbeans

Sep 9, 2014
Where is your PA application from? Timeline?

Have you had any changes in ECAS, mine still shows in procsess from before and nothing after the medical passed
I'm the PA and from the UK and no changes in ECAS.
My timeline so far :
Application sent - 7th December 2019
Application received - 12th December 2019
AOR- 21st December 2019
Biometrics requested - 31st December 2019
Medical requested - 2nd January 2020
RCMP Criminal Record Check (fingerprints) request - 2nd January 2020
Sponsor approval 6th January 2020
Medical and Biometrics done in London - 9th January 2020
Fingerprints sent to accredited company in Canada- 20th January 2020
Medical passed: 29th January 2020
Fingerprints accepted: 10th February 2020
Transferred to London - 21st February 2020

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I have also received the same letter. Mine application for CSQ was delivered at Middi Office on 27 Jan. Yesterday I call Middi Office and officer told me that we are now working quickly than 1st and You may get CSQ with 2 to 3 months
Would love for this to be true! Thanks for the report.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
I have also received the same letter. Mine application for CSQ was delivered at Middi Office on 27 Jan. Yesterday I call Middi Office and officer told me that we are now working quickly than 1st and You may get CSQ with 2 to 3 months
Do you mean they said for csq application in January or from last few months last year?

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Thanks, basically Normal process time for Spousal application is 12 months I don't think they will address my request but still I gonna try for it.
Other option would be to contact your MP, as your scenario seems to be unique. So taking this step might be justified.