+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Not necessarily, I think you will find with most outland sponsorships that that sponsor is in Canada. Being an outland sponsor living with your spouse adds extra complications as you have to provide proof that you will move to Canada as soon as you get the PR, and only a Cdn Citizen not a PR can sponsor their spouse if they are not living in Canada.

As for the processing times in vs. out, who knows, seems to vary a lot, we should all just be grateful if it is completed within the 12 months that they say is the norm.

Cheers
Hi, permanent resident should be in Canada so he can sponsor his wife or can sponsor if living temporary outside Canada and plan to move back to Canada in 2 months. One more thing if I move back to Canada and submit file for sponsorship i should have job that time?

gcw2020

Feb 7, 2020
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife from the Netherlands - our application was received on December 2, have gotten medicals passed, biometrics, SA, moved to Mississauga VO, etc. We received a Police Certificate request on January 16 (to be provided to them by Feb 15th), we uploaded the document by sending it to the provided email address on January 27, status on GCKEY was changed a few days later to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." Haven't heard anything now for over a week - current status on GCKEY is still listed as "Your action is required".

Very confusing and wondering if anyone here has experienced something at all similar.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife from the Netherlands - our application was received on December 2, have gotten medicals passed, biometrics, SA, moved to Mississauga VO, etc. We received a Police Certificate request on January 16 (to be provided to them by Feb 15th), we uploaded the document by sending it to the provided email address on January 27, status on GCKEY was changed a few days later to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." Haven't heard anything now for over a week - current status on GCKEY is still listed as "Your action is required".

Very confusing and wondering if anyone here has experienced something at all similar.
Apparently this is a common thing. you are not the first on this forum with this situation and apparently this is normal

Reactions: Diamond David

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Received (by Canada Post again, like the SA) the letter that our file has been moved to CPC Mississauga.
Of course, I came to know of this yesterday, because they sent the email asking for photos.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hello,

Please be careful to click on submit (or continue button - I don't remember exactly) under uploaded and clarify your electric signature. If not, your document has not yet submitted to IRCC yet.

Reactions: DiiDii

gcw2020

Feb 7, 2020
Please be careful to click on submit (or continue button - I don't remember exactly) under uploaded and clarify your electric signature. If not, your document has not yet submitted to IRCC yet.
I didn't have this option as we submitted through email to IRCC following the instructions in their request letter.

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hello,

Did you go through all the steps ? They’re easy to miss. It needs to be uploaded AND submitted. There’s a small online questionnaire where you agree you haven’t altered the documents in any way and then submit.

Reactions: gcw2020

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I didn't have this option as we submitted through email to IRCC following the instructions in their request letter.
Can you upload it through your GC account? I uploaded a police certificate and maybe 2 days later GC changed to “we have received the additional documents you provided.”

gcw2020

Feb 7, 2020
Did you go through all the steps ? They’re easy to miss. It needs to be uploaded AND submitted. There’s a small online questionnaire where you agree you haven’t altered the documents in any way and then submit.
Just went through this step now - thanks for alerting me. Hopefully this is what they're looking for.

Reactions: takitfree

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Received (by Canada Post again, like the SA) the letter that our file has been moved to CPC Mississauga.
Of course, I came to know of this yesterday, because they sent the email asking for photos.
Who will get these letters? PA or sponsor? I have not received any emails.