+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Could not agree more ...but being away from kids is even more painful than being refused.
We should be grateful to the simple fact that this process exists. No one forces anyone to move to Canada and live alone far away from a family. It's an own choice of everyone, their own decision.
I'm thankful to Canada that Canadian immigration system allows me to reunite with my spouse. Being refused means never have your family again or as another option go and live in their home country.
Blaming the system for long processing time means blaming yourself for choosing such a lifestyle.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

hanzpam

Jan 1, 2020
Just recieved today request for biometric payment.... just paid it online.... but im having problem in sending them the payment reciept.... can anyone help please.... thanks in advance

NehaB Canada

Jan 7, 2020
My application was received on Dec. 11th, 2019. I really pray and hope to receive AOR this week as it's been over 1 month. Do most applicants receive there AOR1 in a month period?

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
My application was received on Dec. 11th, 2019. I really pray and hope to receive AOR this week as it's been over 1 month. Do most applicants receive there AOR1 in a month period?
yes, they should!

most people with 10-11-12 Dec are now receiving SA approval... hopefully you hear soon...

i'm praying everyday for the SA approval now, biometrics, medical etc. lol

NehaB Canada

Jan 7, 2020
most people with 10-11-12 Dec are now receiving SA approval... hopefully you hear soon...

i'm praying everyday for the SA approval now, biometrics, medical etc. lol
Most people did receive in 2-3 weeks their AOR1. So, I have been patient. It's been 4.5 weeks for my application.

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I noticed on the tracker there is a distinction between aor2 and being moved to the Vo office . How do you know the difference between the two ?do you receive an email when being sent and another email once recieved ?

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
We should be grateful to the simple fact that this process exists. No one forces anyone to move to Canada and live alone far away from a family. It's an own choice of everyone, their own decision.
I'm thankful to Canada that Canadian immigration system allows me to reunite with my spouse. Being refused means never have your family again or as another option go and live in their home country.
Blaming the system for long processing time means blaming yourself for choosing such a lifestyle.
Well I could understand about the long processing had it been standard for all applicants from India but the fact that files are transferred at whims and fancies is definitely demovativating.

Reactions: Belarusian

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
Only involve your MP if things with your case are starting to go pear-shaped. Do not go to your MP for "routine" questions, or anything that is not urgent - and consider an actual definition of "urgent", not your own definition! Your MP may not be able to do anything, but sometimes they can provide a bit of a shove to CIC, or may at least be a bit more successful in getting an update. But use your MP sparingly. If you use your MP excessively early on when you probably didn't need to, you will find it much harder to get your MP to act on your behalf later in the process when you may actually need their help! So be sensible with involving your MP.

Examples of when members have gotten their MP involved:
  • One member had not had sponsor approval after 5 months of waiting when the posted time for sponsor approval was 3 months. He had emailed and called CIC repeatedly and was not getting any answers. He got his MP involved who was able to determine that the application had been accidentally filed as an inland application instead of an outland application - big difference! The member was able to get his MP to intervene with CIC to have the application correctly refiled as an outland application.
  • One member's application had been in London for 15 months with no indication of movement, well above London's average of about 6-7 months at the time. She had contacted London numerous times through their email address and using the case-specific enquiry form, but had not received a response in weeks. She asked her MP to enquire on her behalf. The MP never received a response, but the applicant received COPR in the post a few days later. So we don't really know what happened there, or if the MP had anything to do with it, but she did get there in the end.
I appreciate your opinion. in my case, its my 2nd submission. first time I submitted on july 29 and got returned after 100 days. it was just one sign missing and some stamps on my marriage certificate were missing. I resubmitted on dec 13 and provided the missing items as well. I am surprise now again there is no update. I wonder if they take again 100 days to return for minor things may be worse than before to me.so here is the situation where I feel that I should involve to my MP rather than waiting for another 100 days.

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
I had called them during these 100 days multiple times and sent them web forms as well. but on calls they said all is fine and it take time to get process. but I believe they were standard reply. and at the end they returned my application rather than asking for additional documents. now again they are giving me standard reply. that's why I decided to contact MP to get right reason of delay.

Reactions: sherin42