+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Guys. Should i visit MP office to get help. I m dec 13. No update yet. Anyone has any known person ever experienced on visiting MP is worth or not. Pls suggest me.
Only involve your MP if things with your case are starting to go pear-shaped. Do not go to your MP for "routine" questions, or anything that is not urgent - and consider an actual definition of "urgent", not your own definition! Your MP may not be able to do anything, but sometimes they can provide a bit of a shove to CIC, or may at least be a bit more successful in getting an update. But use your MP sparingly. If you use your MP excessively early on when you probably didn't need to, you will find it much harder to get your MP to act on your behalf later in the process when you may actually need their help! So be sensible with involving your MP.

Examples of when members have gotten their MP involved:
  • One member had not had sponsor approval after 5 months of waiting when the posted time for sponsor approval was 3 months. He had emailed and called CIC repeatedly and was not getting any answers. He got his MP involved who was able to determine that the application had been accidentally filed as an inland application instead of an outland application - big difference! The member was able to get his MP to intervene with CIC to have the application correctly refiled as an outland application.
  • One member's application had been in London for 15 months with no indication of movement, well above London's average of about 6-7 months at the time. She had contacted London numerous times through their email address and using the case-specific enquiry form, but had not received a response in weeks. She asked her MP to enquire on her behalf. The MP never received a response, but the applicant received COPR in the post a few days later. So we don't really know what happened there, or if the MP had anything to do with it, but she did get there in the end.

Reactions: armoured

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hey, as we said, it's up to you, and you've already decided to do it this way. Personally, I don't think "I do not wish to marry" is a very strong argument for using the conjugal mechanism, but you don't have to convince me; it's IRCC employees who will decide.

You asked for thoughts and specifically whether receiving the notification that your application has been received means you are "in the clear." As I understand, all this notification means is that your application is technically complete - i.e. you have provided all the minimal documentation and signed in all the right places, copies of the required documents, etc. (Although note that it seems sometimes they will let minor lapses pass and ask for documents after, even though they can technically return the entire package). This does not appear to be a quality test of whether you've provided good or sufficient information, just the minimum required.

So no, you're not "in the clear." (Again, as I understand - in fact, apply "as I understand" to everything here). First they will confirm that you are eligible as a sponsor - that should usually come pretty soon, and (it seems) is mostly based on basic stuff - does your documentation such as citizenship match what's on the form, criminality or other exclusionary.

Then there's medical and biometrics, of course.

But the biggest and most important test is whether your applicant is eligible and meets the various requirements - including the obvious like criminality and security - and this is the relationship test and the category you're applying under, i.e. the conjugal relationship. So no, definitely not in the clear so far.

Again, good luck. And as for whether participants here in an anonymous internet forum have personal or professional experience and expertise - it's an anonymous internet forum. You take what you get, hope it's useful. If you want to be certain of background and credentials when you ask for "thoughts", you can certainly pay a lawyer or other consultant.
I appreciate the response! I was just trying to make sure that if I got confirmation of receipt I wouldn’t get it mailed back for errors. I also appreciate the insight! I just hope it’s factual and not opinion as this can be very discouraging:)

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
He got his MP involved who was able to determine that the application had been accidentally filed as an inland application instead of an outland application - big difference!
Any way we can be sure our application has been filed correctly as "outland"?
If there is any specific info that we can check in the AOR1 email, or the ECAS status, or GCKey application page, that would be helpful!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I appreciate the response! I was just trying to make sure that if I got confirmation of receipt I wouldn’t get it mailed back for errors. I also appreciate the insight! I just hope it’s factual and not opinion as this can be very discouraging:)
Factually it is my opinion. :)

Again, wish you well and hope it proceeds in your best interests.

Keep in mind, any comments on this forum are based only on people (like me) knowing the smallest portion of your file and relationship and documentation you submitted. Perhaps all the stuff we didn't see makes it all perfectly clear.

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Factually it is my opinion. :)

Again, wish you well and hope it proceeds in your best interests.

Keep in mind, any comments on this forum are based only on people (like me) knowing the smallest portion of your file and relationship and documentation you submitted. Perhaps all the stuff we didn't see makes it all perfectly clear.
Thank you so much! You are right! I have had lots of experience with even immigration or people working at the embassies giving me wrong information. I feel like as long as I keep to what CIC lists online as requirements I hope to be fine! I have a little experience with unconventional sponsorship applications ( or what people would perceive as unconventional) one being my ex husband who was deported (inadmissible) and stayed past his deportation. And then my step son (who was did not do medical or get passport for dads application, again inadmissible). So I have some hope

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
The worst has come true...!! Our file is moved to New Delhi VO ...
not the best possible news... but news regardless... what's the average processing time at NDVO... any idea?

also I checked in the November Outland group... 52% files were sent to Mississauga...

PA_Canada

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
not the best possible news... but news regardless... what's the average processing time at NDVO... any idea?

also I checked in the November Outland group... 52% files were sent to Mississauga...
Yeah but many Indian files too go to Missisauga i would say 90 percent of india files go to Missisauga ... really dont know what they find so special to send files to NDVO when they know it takes forever...