+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hey all!
I just received notice that my application was recieved Dec, 18 2019

does this mean I am in the clear mistakes wise?
I am applying under conjugal class stating we are not interested in marrying and that the immigration barriers are that he could not get a visa to come here as he is a campesino with no “ties” to his country and that due to the risks of settling in his country with my child we are unable and will be unable to qualify for common law.
I realize this sounds complicated, I have a little experience with immigration and family sponsorship and hope to be successful.

what are your thoughts?

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
Hello, My application was received on December 11th, 2019. I am waiting on AOR1. I did call CIC last week as i had few questions. He said wait for 30 days and no need to worry if you haven't received AOR1 yet as it's under 30 days.
hi Neha, did u get any update on ur application or still waiting like me?

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
On ECAS it says decision made for sponsorship application . I haven’t received any email yet and nothing has changed in GcKey. What does this mean ???

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Hey all!
I just received notice that my application was recieved Dec, 18 2019

does this mean I am in the clear mistakes wise?
I am applying under conjugal class stating we are not interested in marrying and that the immigration barriers are that he could not get a visa to come here as he is a campesino with no “ties” to his country and that due to the risks of settling in his country with my child we are unable and will be unable to qualify for common law.
I realize this sounds complicated, I have a little experience with immigration and family sponsorship and hope to be successful.

what are your thoughts?
why can’t you live with him or why can’t he live with you?

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
He would never be granted entry into Canada as a visitor - he is a campesino in Honduras with no solid “ties” to his country.
I have children and settling in Honduras, a country in political and social turmoil, is not in the best interest of my child. Also I can only stay in the country legally for 4 months at a time before having to leave the country.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
He would never be granted entry into Canada as a visitor - he is a campesino in Honduras with no solid “ties” to his country.
I have children and settling in Honduras, a country in political and social turmoil, is not in the best interest of my child. Also I can only stay in the country legally for 4 months at a time before having to leave the country.
you need to at least try to apply for visitor visa and showing that you got rejected.
Cic highly likely will not accept the conjugal sponsorship because you did not make any effort to live with your partner.

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
you need to at least try to apply for visitor visa and showing that you got rejected.
Cic highly likely will not accept the conjugal sponsorship because you did not make any effort to live with your partner.

Thanks so
Much for your reply,
I appreciate your opinion. Applying for a visitors visa and being rejected is not an eligibility requirement. I know the country very well and have included travel warnings from travel Canada, I did reside there with my ex husband (whom I sponsored after deportation) and needed to leave immediately during a coup .... the current government 10 years later is in a much worse state. I understand that this will be difficult but I will try my absolute best to prove we fall under conjugal qualification.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks so
Much for your reply,
I appreciate your opinion. Applying for a visitors visa and being rejected is not an eligibility requirement. I know the country very well and have included travel warnings from travel Canada, I did reside there with my ex husband (whom I sponsored after deportation) and needed to leave immediately during a coup .... the current government 10 years later is in a much worse state. I understand that this will be difficult but I will try my absolute best to prove we fall under conjugal qualification.
what is your reasoning for immigration barrier?

“not interested “ in marriage is not strong enough reason for not getting married.
Are you or your partner already married to someone ?

Last edited: