+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Congratulations!
When the file is moved to VO what is the update that we see in GCkey. Does the sponsor get any email update for this?
Thanks
I am the sponsor, I received an email advising me, I checked ecas ad GCkey , neither of them show any reference to it being moved, I don't know if it normally does or not.

Reactions: AB__IND

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Me too! I keep saying that it's too early for us to get our AOR yet (application was received on December 27th) but I check religiously every day (sometimes multiple times) and keep second guessing if I did the application right! It will come, it's just so hard being patient.
I know how hard it is to do but you should take a couple of deep breathes and try to relax for a bit. IF the apps continue to be processed at the same speed they have been for the last while you MIGHT see AOR in a couple weeks, unfortunately none of us know what is happening in Sydney. A few months ago it was taking 2 months to get AOR.

This is our 2nd application, 1st was in August, after 3 months with no AOR we figured our app was lost. started communicating with CIC via web forms, after 2 weeks of them not having found the app we decided to withdraw the app and file it again. They never did tell us if they found the original app. We feel very fortunate to have gotten our AOR within 3 weeks this time around, I know we are in for a wait now with our app just being sent to Manila. But it is still a waiting game for all of us, things can get get held up at any stage of the process for one reason or another.

After saying all of this I do hope you and everybody else has a speedy process.

Cheers

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. Glad to have found outland spousal sponsorship for dec applicants. Application received dec 23rd. Awaiting AOR1.

atefalvi

Feb 23, 2013
Me too! I keep saying that it's too early for us to get our AOR yet (application was received on December 27th) but I check religiously every day (sometimes multiple times) and keep second guessing if I did the application right! It will come, it's just so hard being patient.
Same here. My file was received last dec 6. I dont have aor1 yet
I am on the same boat and i feel you! I hope we all get our apps processed soon.

Reactions: NervousGnome

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
I am new to this thread and have few questions.
1. Who will be receiving the AOR in mail, Sponsor in Canada or Primary Applicant outside canada?
2. Can we link the paper application to online account? I tried but I am unable to.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I am new to this thread and have few questions.
1. Who will be receiving the AOR in mail, Sponsor in Canada or Primary Applicant outside canada?
2. Can we link the paper application to online account? I tried but I am unable to.
1.sponsor
2.you can but when you take AOR1

NervousGnome

Oct 20, 2019
I know how hard it is to do but you should take a couple of deep breathes and try to relax for a bit. IF the apps continue to be processed at the same speed they have been for the last while you MIGHT see AOR in a couple weeks, unfortunately none of us know what is happening in Sydney. A few months ago it was taking 2 months to get AOR.

This is our 2nd application, 1st was in August, after 3 months with no AOR we figured our app was lost. started communicating with CIC via web forms, after 2 weeks of them not having found the app we decided to withdraw the app and file it again. They never did tell us if they found the original app. We feel very fortunate to have gotten our AOR within 3 weeks this time around, I know we are in for a wait now with our app just being sent to Manila. But it is still a waiting game for all of us, things can get get held up at any stage of the process for one reason or another.

After saying all of this I do hope you and everybody else has a speedy process.

Cheers
I'm so glad you're getting a quick process this time. I think we're all terrified of our applications being lost and I'm so sorry yours actually was. I can imagine the 3 week wait was hard enough to get your AOR so I'm really happy you didn't have that long to wait. Let's hope the rest of your (and everyone else here's) application is processed quickly!

shahmazed

Jan 10, 2020
Hello, we received our AOR1 on Jan 1, and today (Jan 10th), received another email addressed to the sponsor saying:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your sponsorship application and to advise that your file is presently pending review by an officer. You will be contacted in the future if further information is required or as soon as the decision on your application is finalized.
Has anybody here received a second communication like this one, rather than a sponsorship approval right away? Any intel on what this means in terms of processing time, and whether this throws the sponsorship approval into a non-routine pile?