DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
good day all.
I am a canadian citizen and my husband is a EU citizen. He does NOT need a Visa to enter Canada as a tourist.
We just applied for outland PR. no AOR1 yet.
Is there i problem if he come to visit me during PR process time.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
good day all.
I am a canadian citizen and my husband is a EU citizen. He does NOT need a Visa to enter Canada as a tourist.
i highly doubt there's gonna be any problem whatsoever... i would still just to be sure... call CIC

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
good day all.
In the same situation. My husband visited before we sent in application but also looking for answers as getting mixed replies from everyone. He also does not need visa to enter (only eta).
So if anyone knows that would be great!
Also if someone can clarify what ECAS is?

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Are you entering the correct number for how many people in the application? You have to count the PA, the sponsor and any dependents even if not joining. I didn't count the sponsor at first and got the same message.
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen or resident they're not listed in the application?? So why would you put the PA and sponsor? I tried it that way and it did not work.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
In the same situation. My husband visited before we sent in application but also looking for answers as getting mixed replies from everyone. He also does not need visa to enter (only eta).
hello akbarz.
I open a new tread for my question in "family sponsor forum" see there for more info.
One person said - no issue at all.. I also think there should be no issue. he has his returned ticket and proof of employment.

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
hello akbarz.
I open a new tread for my question in "family sponsor forum" see there for more info.
One person said - no issue at all.. I also think there should be no issue. he has his returned ticket and proof of employment.
Okay thanks. Ya last time he brought all his employment info just in case but they never asked for it, just personal questions about why he was here. We weren't married at that time so i dont thinks its an issue. Just wanted to be sure before booking ticket. I will be calling to find out more if i can. Will update

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
World Education Services (WES) is designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs) for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada. An ECA is required to apply for certain IRCC immigration programs.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Okay thanks. Ya last time he brought all his employment info just in case but they never asked for it, just personal questions about why he was here. We weren't married at that time so i dont thinks its an issue. Just wanted to be sure before booking ticket. I will be calling to find out more if i can. Will update
the same situation with us. This will be his first visit after our marriage (here in Canada). he already has a ticket. Arriving in Toronto .. finger cross... please update if you have more info. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
World Education Services (WES) is designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs) for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada. An ECA is required to apply for certain IRCC immigration programs.
I think the question was about Client Application status (eCAS).

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen or resident they're not listed in the application?? So why would you put the PA and sponsor? I tried it that way and it did not work.
Ah sorry didn't work, probably another reason then. I don't know why we have to count the sponsor but we do as per CIC:

"If you’re applying for family sponsorship, in the last question, “Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application”, also include the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable). The number entered will be at least 2."
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020
ECAS Electronic Case Application Status

Nicoleee

Dec 15, 2019
Anyone here who had their application received to Sydney NS on 1st or 2nd week of Dec and still haven't got AOR1 yet?

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020

TERM EXPLANATION
PA Principal Applicant

PRAS Permanent Residence Application Status

AOR1 Acknowledgement of Receipt of your Application from PA's Visa Office

SA Sponsor Approval

ECAS Electronic Case Application Status

ECAS IP Permanent Residence Application Status on ECAS changed to "In Process"

Moved to Visa Office Application has been moved to another visa office for processing.

AOR2 Acknowledgement of Receipt of your Application from PA's Visa Office

BGC Background Check row on myCIC/gcKey account changed to "We started processing
your background check."

DM Decision Made either on ECAS PRAS or myCIC/gcKey account (Refers to PA side not Sponsor)

PP Req Passport Request for VISA stamping

PP Rec