+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
If he has SA already it is pretty strange. I don't know where he is right now but contrary to @SidCD's comment you probably know he doesn't have to be in Cda when applying or during the app processing since he is a citizen. It shouldn't matter but is he living abroad right now?
He is not living abroad anymore but he has travelled back and forth. It's been a year so naturally they can't expect married couple to not see each other for that long. At this point, they should be looking into the PA, not the sponsor. I mean, requesting a family form?? It is literally written in a way that it's meant for non-Canadians i.e. 'Applicant' and 'are they accompanying you to canada' - we don't even know how we'll fill that. His family are all Canadian citizens.

The VO has been extremely incompetent. Prior to this, they requested some documents on two seperate occasions even though those documents were already in the application. In our latest Gcms notes received a week ago, we noticed the officer's notes included wrong dates about the sponsor, and we know they have the correct dates because notes of previous officers were correct.

It is so so frustrating. We thought of making a complaint but we don't know if that might have a negative effect on the application.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
He is not living abroad anymore but he has travelled back and forth. It's been a year so naturally they can't expect married couple to not see each other for that long. At this point, they should be looking into the PA, not the sponsor. I mean, requesting a family form?? It is literally written in a way that it's meant for non-Canadians i.e. 'Applicant' and 'are they accompanying you to canada' - we don't even know how we'll fill that. His family are all Canadian citizens.

The VO has been extremely incompetent. Prior to this, they requested some documents on two seperate occasions even though those documents were already in the application. In our latest Gcms notes received a week ago, we noticed the officer's notes included wrong dates about the sponsor, and we know they have the correct dates because notes of previous officers were correct.

It is so so frustrating. We thought of making a complaint but we don't know if that might have a negative effect on the application.
Maybe they sent the request by mistake, send a web form requesting confirmation that it's a valid request. In the mean time you should start assembling what they are asking for. You can file a complaint, shouldn't have an effect either way but you should get the docs they want together first!!

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe they sent the request by mistake, send a web form requesting confirmation that it's a valid request. In the mean time you should start assembling what they are asking for. You can file a complaint, shouldn't have an effect either way but you should get the docs they want together first!!
We are gathering the information for sure. We're just very concerned, and last thing we expected after a year of waiting.

rkhan12725

Jan 5, 2021
what sort of help one can get if approached to MP ? As I understand, he can just request update on the application. ? Is there anything else which can be done other than requesting update ..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what sort of help one can get if approached to MP ? As I understand, he can just request update on the application. ? Is there anything else which can be done other than requesting update ..
Start with that. Sometimes just 'shaking the tree' helps (and doesn't hurt). After that, it is possible that eg the MP writes to minister, and other steps, but the MP won't likely jump to that without more info first and making the first contact with IRCC.

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
It varies greatly, days up to a month or more.
Thanks for the info. I hope it can be sooner as our file already passed the standard 12 months processing times. Background check shouldn't take that long. I remember seeing a post where the fastest PR aplication only take 2 weeks from aplication submission to PPR under express entry stream. That 2 weeks is for the whole process from A to Z that includes background check. I have never seen anyone completed everyhing in one week but at that time 1 month is pretty standard for express entry. Later on CIC maxed out their time to 6 months (maybe due to the application volume)

How about you? Are you still waiting as well?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the info. I hope it can be sooner as our file already passed the standard 12 months processing times. Background check shouldn't take that long. I remember seeing a post where the fastest PR aplication only take 2 weeks from aplication submission to PPR under express entry stream. That 2 weeks is for the whole process from A to Z that includes background check. I have never seen anyone completed everyhing in one week but at that time 1 month is pretty standard for express entry. Later on CIC maxed out their time to 6 months (maybe due to the application volume)

How about you? Are you still waiting as well?
We are in Canada now. Wishing you a speedy process. BTW the standard 12 months processing went out the window with covid but they seem to be doing better recently.

Reactions: wongjowo