+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

nosferatos

Oct 16, 2015
I randomly checked the citizenship tracker today and noticed that Language Test, Physical Presence and Prohibitions have been updated to Completed on July 9, 2021.
Previous update was on April 23, 2021, after the citizenship test, when my Citizenship Test and Background check status became complete on the tracker.

Citizenship ceremony is Not Started.

Mississauga office.
Received my Oath invitation today, October 25, 2021.
Decision Made was on July 9, 2021.
2019 December applicant. Mississauga office.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Not necessarily, even automated replies can be queued. Or it could have been a delay in the automated system.

Meaning there's any number of reasons why an automated response could have been delayed, overall.
Today, I received ANOTHER standard reply! Three standard replies for one webform, days apart. I truly believe that the system is somehow broken.

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Today, I received ANOTHER standard reply! Three standard replies for one webform, days apart. I truly believe that the system is somehow broken.
Yes, I have received now 3 standard responses for a webform that I sent in September.. Its absolute nonsense to see the same message over and over again. The optimist me gets excited when I see IRCC email, hoping that I am taking an oath soon but its the same standard response that they are dealing Afghanistan crisis so resources are stretched thin. I get it the first time, I don't need timely reminders

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Morning,

Just to let you know that I completed the test on Oct 26th and today the Status tracker is showing the test as "Completed".

My timeline is below if you want to add to the excel tracker:

ID: EPP
App. Type: Family
Physical Presence Days: 1165
App. Sent: Dec 19, 2019
App. Delivered: Dec 23, 2019
AOR: Feb 19, 2020
In Process Ecas: Feb 28, 2020
Test Invitation: Oct 08, 2021

Thank you!

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
Can you share you timeline? I couldn't find it in the spreadsheet
Hi,

I applied in December 2019
AOR February 19, 2020
Test Invite 16 April 2021
Test Taken 21 April 2021
Decision Made 10 July 2021
Invite to Oath 27 October 2021
Oath date 18 November 2021

However, I didn't receive the letter yet.

Reactions: YBnormal

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,

I applied in December 2019
AOR February 19, 2020
Test Invite 16 April 2021
Test Taken 21 April 2021
Decision Made 10 July 2021
Invite to Oath 27 October 2021
Oath date 18 November 2021

However, I didn't receive the letter yet.
Thanks, and congratulations. You will receive the invitation email soon before the ceremony's date.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Today, my Language Skills/Prohibitions/Physical Presence became "completed". It is 20 days since I took the test. Scarborough office, no passport copy request. I do not know why I didn't need to send passport copies, but my guess is that during my 5 year period, I spent 4 studying at a Canadian university, and I provided my transcript as language skill proof. So, maybe, the officer thinks that it is straightforward that I was in Canada.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Today, my Language Skills/Prohibitions/Physical Presence became "completed". It is 20 days since I took the test. Scarborough office, no passport copy request. I do not know why I didn't need to send passport copies, but my guess is that during my 5 year period, I spent 4 studying at a Canadian university, and I provided my transcript as language skill proof. So, maybe, the officer thinks that it is straightforward that I was in Canada.
Congrats!! May I know if you have applied for urgent processing?

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Congrats!! May I know if you have applied for urgent processing?
Honestly, I don't know. This is what happened:
About 10 days ago, I sent a webform that says something like: I will need to renew my PR next year, could you please process it faster so that I don't need to do that.
I received 3 duplicates of the standard reply that says "we would not respond to non-priority inquiries"etc, nothing else.

Rethinking it through, I believe my file is more likely to not be under urgent processing. In the Scarborough Office thread, I observed that it typically takes around a month from test to pp request. 20 days is not extremely less than that. And urgent processing is no ground to skip pp check. I am inclined towards believing that it was because my file is rather sufficient in proving everything needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: canvisa13

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Honestly, I don't know. This is what happened:
About 10 days ago, I sent a webform that says something like: I will need to renew my PR next year, could you please process it faster so that I don't need to do that.
I received 3 duplicates of the standard reply that says "we would not respond to non-priority inquiries"etc, nothing else.

Rethinking it through, I believe my file is more likely to not be under urgent processing. In the Scarborough Office thread, I observed that it typically takes around a month from test to pp request. 20 days is not extremely less than that. And urgent processing is no ground to skip pp check. I am inclined towards believing that it was because my file is rather sufficient in proving everything needed.
Your file is unlikely considered for urgent processing. What you said doesn't qualify for urgent processing. What likely happened is that your webform brought their attention to your file, which was obviously forgotten until recently. In any case, a significant milestone on your file. Congrats. Now the wait begins for the oath. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: hungtington

nate1074

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Today the 29th day of October . i received this
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 6, 2021.
I m lost for words , and also very grateful.
i truly hope that more people from this group got invited today .
thank you to everyone on here for your support. it has helped realizing that i was not alone in this whole process, it also helped , as it was a place to vent and see positive messages . i cant wait to hear more people getting an invite and becoming a Canadian citizen.
everyone have an awesome weekend . and good things do come to those that wait

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Today the 29th day of October . i received this
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 6, 2021.
I m lost for words , and also very grateful.
i truly hope that more people from this group got invited today .
thank you to everyone on here for your support. it has helped realizing that i was not alone in this whole process, it also helped , as it was a place to vent and see positive messages . i cant wait to hear more people getting an invite and becoming a Canadian citizen.
everyone have an awesome weekend . and good things do come to those that wait
Congrats! The finish line is in sight for you!

Last edited: