+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I asked about this and the agent said this doesn't mean that every application received before this date will be processed, so overall even if this showed December 2019/Or January 2020, you couldn't question them and they still can say its up to the officers and each case is unique and we cannot compare the files. So overall I am just hoping that somehow someone looks at my file and it gets processed otherwise going by this trend we might not get citizenship before 2022 December.
Yes, officers enjoy too much power. They are not confined within certain limits. This has to change. Each application that takes more than a year must be provided with explanation. This is called transparency. A strange term for IRCC when it comes to immigrants, because we are still sub-humans to them. They pretend to care about refugees, while it's all media attention stuff. The minister of immigration take photos with refugees and call himself minister of immigration.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yes, officers enjoy too much power. They are not confined within certain limits. This has to change. Each application that takes more than a year must be provided with explanation. This is called transparency. A strange term for IRCC when it comes to immigrants, because we are still sub-humans to them. They pretend to care about refugees, while it's all media attention stuff. The minister of immigration take photos with refugees and call himself minister of immigration.
I plan to write to my MP, not just to complain about my specific case, but to complain in general about this inhumane process and the ridiculous mechanism that no rational person could understand or respect. This is ruining the image of the government in the eyes of citizenship applicants.
Is my MP the best person I could write to if I optimize for the tradeoff between the chance to get a response and the recipient's influence?

Reactions: JoeHanna123

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I plan to write to my MP, not just to complain about my specific case, but to complain in general about this inhumane process and the ridiculous mechanism that no rational person could understand or respect. This is ruining the image of the government in the eyes of citizenship applicants.
Is my MP the best person I could write to if I optimize for the tradeoff between the chance to get a response and the recipient's influence?
MPs are useless. They will send your grievance, but they cannot influence IRCC. They are just cold messengers. But by all means, send them. But also send webforms, and participate in the twitter, ... everything you can peacefully do to express your grievances, go ahead and do that. This treatment has made a lifelong mark in us towards Canada in large, and towards IRCC in specific, and how they view immigrants as not important and disposable things (as means), not as humans with lives and plans.

nate1074

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
So it's Wednesday again . And that can only mean , I will login and check my tracker for the week . Seeing as I am seeing plenty of people on other forms saying ,(Got my oath invite).
But alas my officer assigned to my paper must be exhausted and inuntated with saskatchewan applicants .
So at 12 pm I checked and wait for it !!!!!!!
Nothing :D .
So until next week my December class . Keep it real . Have a great weekend .
1 day closer to 2022.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I am confused by how the IRCC system handles webforms. Days ago, I sent a webform to ask if my case can be processed faster since my PR card is expiring. Of course, I did not expect it to work. As expected, I received the standard reply a few hours later. The strange thing is that today I received another standard reply (I did not send a new webform).

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am confused by how the IRCC system handles webforms. Days ago, I sent a webform to ask if my case can be processed faster since my PR card is expiring. Of course, I did not expect it to work. As expected, I received the standard reply a few hours later. The strange thing is that today I received another standard reply (I did not send a new webform).
What's the standard reply? They are busy with Afghans? I think these webforms can be read by more than one agent, and it seems they don't mark it as read or processed because they are old and don't know how to use computers.

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
What's the standard reply? They are busy with Afghans? I think these webforms can be read by more than one agent, and it seems they don't mark it as read or processed because they are old and don't know how to use computers.
The standard reply that says I would not receive a reply if my request is not a priority request. I thought that should be an automatic reply though. That's why it appears so strange to me, because a software is unlikely to behave that way.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The standard reply that says I would not receive a reply if my request is not a priority request. I thought that should be an automatic reply though. That's why it appears so strange to me, because a software is unlikely to behave that way.
Someone presses a button to send the reply. They read all the inquires, and very quickly. I received an automated reply within an hour from sending the webform the last time. If it's automated by a software, I would have received immediately. Not after an hour.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Someone presses a button to send the reply. They read all the inquires, and very quickly. I received an automated reply within an hour from sending the webform the last time. If it's automated by a software, I would have received immediately. Not after an hour.
Not necessarily, even automated replies can be queued. Or it could have been a delay in the automated system.

Meaning there's any number of reasons why an automated response could have been delayed, overall.

CA129

Oct 22, 2021
My Canadian Citizenship Timeline:
Place: Toronto
Application Type: Single
Application Sent: 13 Dec, 2019
Citizenship test: 23 May, 2021
Citizenship Oath: 20 October, 2021
Citizenship certificate received: 22nd October, 2021 (expedited process with supporting letters, airline tickets)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My Canadian Citizenship Timeline:
Place: Toronto
Application Type: Single
Application Sent: 13 Dec, 2019
Citizenship test: 23 May, 2021
Citizenship Oath: 20 October, 2021
Citizenship certificate received: 22nd October, 2021 (expedited process with supporting letters, airline tickets)
When was your DM?

JBUTT

Jun 3, 2015
My tracker has been updated on 25th October, oath ceremony scheduled. Application timelines are as follows:

Montreal, Family Size: 04
Application Received: 19 December 2019
AOR: 17 February 2020
Fingerprints Requested: 27 February 2020
Fingerprints Submitted: 17 March 2020
Test Invite: 26 May 2021
Test Completed: 28 May 2021
2nd Fingerprints Requested: 26 July 2021
Fingerprints Submitted: 27 July 2021
Decision Made: 01 September 2021
Oath Invite: 25 October 2021
Oath Scheduled: 05 November 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My tracker has been updated on 25th October, oath ceremony scheduled. Application timelines are as follows:

Montreal, Family Size: 04
Application Received: 19 December 2019
AOR: 17 February 2020
Fingerprints Requested: 27 February 2020
Fingerprints Submitted: 17 March 2020
Test Invite: 26 May 2021
Test Completed: 28 May 2021
2nd Fingerprints Requested: 26 July 2021
Fingerprints Submitted: 27 July 2021
Decision Made: 01 September 2021
Oath Invite: 25 October 2021
Oath Scheduled: 05 November 2021
Congratulations. Good to see 2019 applicant being invited for the oath in the Montreal office. The majority of invites have been for 2020 applicants. I hope other 2019 applicants who have been waiting for the oath receive the invite before the end of this year.