+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Did you send them an email asking for update ? I sent an email to London office and got the oath invite within few days of my email and their response.
Worth a shot. Try.
How do you contact the local office? I cannot find any email for Surrey office

JBUTT

Jun 3, 2015
@Eyesburn18 did you get any update on your application? I noticed you have the same timeline as mine
It may take few weeks after expiry to get new FP request. Background verification won’t complete with expired fingerprints. Add 3-4 weeks for RCMP to send the report and your status update. Another 3-4 weeks for DM, than God knows how much time for the oath……

JBUTT

Jun 3, 2015
Respond back to the test invite email you received from your local office
I tried this last week and below is the automated response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to an online test or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an online test‎ (with documentary evidence). To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any requests received other than for an online test or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.

Please note that there is no need to schedule an appointment to take the online test as long as your invitation is active.

If you are experiencing technical issues before accessing the online test, please contactIRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca as well.

For any specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Thank you,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Finally saw the update in tracker for Oath Schedule.
Awaiting the Oath invite.
Below is my timeline. Please update.

Office - The worst one - London
App. Sent: November 28, 2019
App. Delivered: December 2, 2019
AOR: February 12, 2020
In Process : Feb 20, 2020
Test Invite : Apr 14, 2021
Test Passed : Apr 20, 2021
Decision Made : Sep 14, 2021
Oath scheduled : Sep 28, 2021
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email, thanks!

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Exactly how many of us who applied in 2019 are still waiting? As per the 2019 tracker, less than 50% of the people have received their Oath among the people who applied on or after June 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Yarlagadda7

Aug 25, 2021
Update from Halifax office:
"we only have files from June 2019 or earlier in ceremony at this time. As your file is from later than that, your file will have some time spent waiting before ceremony"

I think December 2019 is long way to go.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
"we only have files from June 2019 or earlier in ceremony at this time. As your file is from later than that, your file will have some time spent waiting before ceremony"

Are they saying that there is no one after June 2019 got their oath invite? This is impossible. Even if it's true for Halifax, other offices are definitely giving oaths for much later applicants than June 2019. I don't know where their files are, but some Dec. 2020 applicants got their oath already, and even a Feb 2021 applicant I saw once. It don't think Halifax follows a different strategy than the rest of the offices. Yeah right, only June 2019 and before :rolleyes: If they said "wait until your turn comes" is 1000x better than their reply.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

I just found an April 2020 applicant in the spreadsheet done with their oath in Halifax Feb 2021. I am sure there are other instances, but one is enough to prove what they said is not true. That's why they keep updating where they are finalizing on their website: to give their replies legitimacy, while both are invalid against the reality

alberta2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Folks,
I applied for citizenship in December 2019, got AOR in Feb 2020, background checks shows completed, but overall status is stucked in progress
I have not even received any test invite.

Is anyone in the similar situation as me?
What are my options?
Is there any email/contact I can reach out for an update?

Any advise will be really appreciated

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Folks,
I applied for citizenship in December 2019, got AOR in Feb 2020, background checks shows completed, but overall status is stucked in progress

What are my options?

Send them a webform. Your file is probably collecting dust somewhere in a corner, and hasn't been touched for months, while IRCC personnel are in their PJs watching Netflix at home, pretending to work on our hard-to-crack files.

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Folks,

What are my options?

Hi, yes!!! I am on the exactly time frame and situation. I had my MP contacted IRCC but they always say that at this point there is nothing to be done and I just need to wait. My file is still in process and in queue for the online test, however they have no idea when I will be invited to complete the test.
My PR card expired back in April and the processing time for a new one is about 5 months or so.