+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
Is there petition for backlog cleaning?
Believe it. Just yesterday got to know one of my friends applied in March 2021 got his citizenship. That too from London Office which is one of the slowest'.
There should be rule. The local offices without any mercy and logic clears all the new applications to improve their KPI.

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
I tried this last week and below is the automated response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to an online test or to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an online test‎ (with documentary evidence). To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any requests received other than for an online test or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.

Please note that there is no need to schedule an appointment to take the online test as long as your invitation is active.

If you are experiencing technical issues before accessing the online test, please contactIRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca as well.

For any specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Thank you,
I got the below response and after a month got the oath invite.

"
Good morning,

Your file is in queue to be reviewed by an Officer. We will contact you should we require anything from you.

Regards,
London IRCC"

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Received a request for passport pages with translated stamps on Sep 14th, emailed today (Sep 20th). Hopefully this is the last step for my process...

Edit: Tracker shows an update on September 15th without any actual changes to the statuses (Test and Background completed, rest in progress); ECAS has no updates since AOR in March 2020.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

alberta2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Send them a webform. Your file is probably collecting dust somewhere in a corner, and hasn't been touched for months, while IRCC personnel are in their PJs watching Netflix at home, pretending to work on our hard-to-crack files.
So I used the IRCC web form and got an auto reply, that if my query is not urgent / related to any crisis situation I will not be getting a reply, so only option i have is to wait :oops:?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So I used the IRCC web form and got an auto reply, that if my query is not urgent / related to any crisis situation I will not be getting a reply, so only option i have is to wait :oops:?
Ignore this message. They are using every excuse in the book to not work on our files. The important thing you sent a message to them. This Afghans' crisis's excuse is absurd and silly.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi
When I check my application online every thing completed except ceremony not started yet last update was in 14 aug is that mean decesion Made?
Thx

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
All status are completed exept ceremony since 14 aug
Sorry to break it for you, but you are in for a long wait. People wait at least 5 months before they are invited to the oath from the Montreal office. I am also waiting for my oath since late August. We will most likely get the oath next year around February or March, unless a miracle happened and made IRCC personnel do their job properly.