+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys, just to let you know that I also contacted my MP and below is her answer:

"I’d like to let you know that we’ve received an advisory by the IRCC to not send any inquiries until further notice due to the crises in Afghanistan."

I guess it will take another year for us......or even more. Who knows what will be the next excuse.
Those who applied late 2019 took it the hardest from IRCC incompetency. Their applications were collecting dust most of 2020 because IRCC didn't try to do anything while they were hoping things to get better. When they woke up to the reality, and things started to come back there was already a huge backlog, but because they wanted to meet their KPI for 2020, they ignore 2019 applications. Then above that came Afghanistan problem to pose even more delays for us. My application has been almost 2 years in process. Other applicants from 2020 received their oath dates before the one year mark of their applications. Bad luck and unfairness

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Those who applied late 2019 took it the hardest from IRCC incompetency. Their applications were collecting dust most of 2020 because IRCC didn't try to do anything while they were hoping things to get better. When they woke up to the reality, and things started to come back there was already a huge backlog, but because they wanted to meet their KPI for 2020, they ignore 2019 applications. Then above that came Afghanistan problem to pose even more delays for us. My application has been almost 2 years in process. Other applicants from 2020 received their oath dates before the one year mark of their applications. Bad luck and unfairness
It is just pathetic:/ MPs are usless and treated like kids by IRCC. It is interesting that 20000 Afgan refugees overwhelmed IRCC capabilities. Looks like not everybody is equal under the law in Canada (20000 Afgan refugees are more important than 300000 legal immigrants who applied for Citizenship who work and live in Canada), opposite to what they want us to learn for the test. Nobody knows how the applications are proceeding; there is no precise description, timelines etc. Applications are proceeding in a completely random manner. That means that the management there is not existing, and IRCC officers are like Gods. My wife was working during pandemia, and she was fine. IRCC officers were sent home for a long vacation, and nobody saw that this could be a problem. The excuse with Afgan is just a lie. After they finish with Afagan refuges, they can say sorry, but due to the situation in North Korea, do not ask any questions regarding your application since we cannot provide any information.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It is just pathetic:/ MPs are usless and treated like kids by IRCC. It is interesting that 20000 Afgan refugees overwhelmed IRCC capabilities. Looks like not everybody is equal under the law in Canada (20000 Afgan refugees are more important than 300000 legal immigrants who applied for Citizenship who work and live in Canada), opposite to what they want us to learn for the test. Nobody knows how the applications are proceeding; there is no precise description, timelines etc. Applications are proceeding in a completely random manner. That means that the management there is not existing, and IRCC officers are like Gods. My wife was working during pandemia, and she was fine. IRCC officers were sent home for a long vacation, and nobody saw that this could be a problem. The excuse with Afgan is just a lie. After they finish with Afagan refuges, they can say sorry, but due to the situation in North Korea, do not ask any questions regarding your application since we cannot provide any information.
I doubt there is any management in IRCC. It's a complete anarchy. For them, Afghanistan is an excuse as the pandemic is, while both are not good reasons for the delays.

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
Hello guys, I was a silent member, just wanna let you guys know that me and my wife got the Oath scheduled for September 23rd (applied in December 2019, citizenship test invite and pass in April, DM in July and today the Oath invite)
Which office?

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
Finally saw the update in tracker for Oath Schedule.
Awaiting the Oath invite.
Below is my timeline. Please update.

Office - The worst one - London
App. Sent: November 28, 2019
App. Delivered: December 2, 2019
AOR: February 12, 2020
In Process : Feb 20, 2020
Test Invite : Apr 14, 2021
Test Passed : Apr 20, 2021
Decision Made : Sep 14, 2021
Oath scheduled : Sep 28, 2021

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I still see the tracker last update as September 7th, is there a time when the tracker is updated I am on west coast??

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Finally saw the update in tracker for Oath Schedule.
Awaiting the Oath invite.
Below is my timeline. Please update.

Office - The worst one - London
App. Sent: November 28, 2019
App. Delivered: December 2, 2019
AOR: February 12, 2020
In Process : Feb 20, 2020
Test Invite : Apr 14, 2021
Test Passed : Apr 20, 2021
Decision Made : Sep 14, 2021
Oath scheduled : Sep 28, 2021
Good for you:) I am in the same office and looks like I am 5 months behind you:) Hope I will get DM on January next year:)

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Found this document from one of the forum here February 2021, seems like lot of relevant information here, few things worth mentioning:
- Paper applications are priority as per the document since they want 100% of applications to be moved to online, basically scrapping paper based applications
-The pictures that get clicked during our tests are still manually verified by a officer which it seems like a bottle neck.
- I noticed that for Surrey office close to 94% of applications are normal and not complex
- I also noticed that basically the rejection rate is mostly 0% across all

Link here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
Good for you:) I am in the same office and looks like I am 5 months behind you:) Hope I will get DM on January next year:)
Did you send them an email asking for update ? I sent an email to London office and got the oath invite within few days of my email and their response.
Worth a shot. Try.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
Did you send them an email asking for update ? I sent an email to London office and got the oath invite within few days of my email and their response.
Worth a shot. Try.
I have a friend who applied in march 2019 and has a Citizenship test in May 2021. Since then nothing has changed for him. He is also in London. He has tried to contact the IRCC office multiple times. The last response he received was that due to COVID and Afgan refugees they cannot provide him with any update:)

Clife85

Dec 9, 2019
Any idea how long it will take to receive the oath invite notice after the decision made ?
My tracker shows Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Sep 28th and the instructions are sent to me on how to attend and stuff.
Haven't received any email though. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience.

batedam

Jun 27, 2021
Any idea how long it will take to receive the oath invite notice after the decision made ?
My tracker shows Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Sep 28th and the instructions are sent to me on how to attend and stuff.
Haven't received any email though. Just wondering if anyone can share their experience.
email could come upto 2 days ahead of the ceremony.

Reactions: Clife85