+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I took my test on 11th May and this morning I can see the status of test as completed.
I took test on the same day as yours but status is still not changed yet. Maybe because you are frim different office, which office? ottawa is mine,

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
My oath is schedule for June 23, just waiting for my email oath invite
Please update the tracker for sphynx90:)
From your signature, what do you mean by "Interview invitation"? Does it mean we have one more step before oath and after the exam? I had finished my exam and thinking "Oath" would be the next step.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
From your signature, what do you mean by "Interview invitation"? Does it mean we have one more step before oath and after the exam? I had finished my exam and thinking "Oath" would be the next step.
Even before interview was often the case, it would be on the same day as your test. Now they are limiting the number of interviews but if you are from Scarborough office in ON they interview pretty much everyone, and yes, it's usually a step before getting an oath invite. Ask anyone. Most people got it. But it's nothing to worry about it. Usually it goes smooth.
By the way I have a very simple and straightforward application

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Even before interview was often the case, it would be on the same day as your test. Now they are limiting the number of interviews but if you are from Scarborough office in ON they interview pretty much everyone, and yes, it's usually a step before getting an oath invite. Ask anyone. Most people got it. But it's nothing to worry about it. Usually it goes smooth.
By the way I have a very simple and straightforward application
My application also seems to be from Scarborough office as the email invite had SCR in it.

Reactions: Tess90

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Finally I am a citizen of Canada ! The oath ceremony went smoothly. I joined the zoom meeting at the designated time. I had to wait in the virtual waiting
room for 20 minutes before being let in. After being let in the officer asked my name. She assigned me to a particular break out room. I was transferred to the break out room. Here another officer verified my name etc. I showed my licence, health card and PR card. She explained the procedure. Then I was transferred to the ceremony room. About 40 applicants, the judge and other administrative staff were present in ceremony room. The judge briefly addressed all the applicants. Then everybody read out the oath in english line by line following the lead of the judge. Then everybody did the same in French. The judge instructed everybody to read out in French even if they are not good at the language. One should hold the right hand upright while taking the oath. One can optionally put the left hand on a holy book. Then I was transferred to the same break out room. The same officer then requested to cut the PR card into four pieces. Also I filled out the oath of citizenship form. I filled in my full name, signed at two places and put dates at two places. The whole thing took about 60 minutes.

After the ceremony I scanned the signed formed and sent my email. After 3 days I received my certificate of citizenship by mail. Best luck to everyone.

Application Received: 16/December/2019
AOR: 20/February/2020
In process: 01/March/2020
Test Invite: 10/March/2021
Test passed: 20/March/2021
Interview request : 23/March/2021
Interview date : 30/March/2021
Decision made : 01/April/2021
Invitation to Oath : 03/May/2021
Oath date : 10/May/2021
Received certificate by mail : 14/May/2021

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Finally I am a citizen of Canada ! The oath ceremony went smoothly. I joined the zoom meeting at the designated time. I had to wait in the virtual waiting
room for 20 minutes before being let in. After being let in the officer asked my name. She assigned me to a particular break out room. I was transferred to the break out room. Here another officer verified my name etc. I showed my licence, health card and PR card. She explained the procedure. Then I was transferred to the ceremony room. About 40 applicants, the judge and other administrative staff were present in ceremony room. The judge briefly addressed all the applicants. Then everybody read out the oath in english line by line following the lead of the judge. Then everybody did the same in French. The judge instructed everybody to read out in French even if they are not good at the language. One should hold the right hand upright while taking the oath. One can optionally put the left hand on a holy book. Then I was transferred to the same break out room. The same officer then requested to cut the PR card into four pieces. Also I filled out the oath of citizenship form. I filled in my full name, signed at two places and put dates at two places. The whole thing took about 60 minutes.

After the ceremony I scanned the signed formed and sent my email. After 3 days I received my certificate of citizenship by mail. Best luck to everyone.

Congrats :)

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
My application also seems to be from Scarborough office as the email invite had SCR in it.
I was told in the fb group that most applicants from there get interviews...and it looks like it's true but nothing to worry about, just an extra step

Wow I applied before you, but still have long time to go before my ceremony (more than a month)
Congrats and thank you so much for writing such a detailed guide, I was looking for something like this! :)

I have a few questions if you don't mind!

1) Is transferring to a "break out room" easy and happens automatically? I only used zoom twice before...
2) When you had to wait before being transferred what did it say on the screen?
3) Did everyone read the oath at the same time?
4) How did you fill in the form if you were talking to the officer via zoom? Was it sent to you during the ceremony?
5) Why did you have to scan the form if it can be signed electronically?

I hope more people will share their experiences!;)