+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
they might have indicated the section that you missed or is missing information. In my case, I realized my mistake the next day and sent a fresh application the next day. You probably will be advised to do the same. Here is the reply that i got from my first webform correspondence -

If your application is incomplete, it will be returned to you or rejected, if it was submitted online, with a letter indicating the missing documentation. You will be given these options:

• Resubmit the application with the missing information or documents,
    • (for paper applications) if you choose this option, please note that it is not necessary to re-sign or re-date the application, as long as it is not dated more than 90 days before we receive it (stale dated), or
  • Request a refund of the fees because you no longer wish to send the application,
    • if you request a refund, the letter will indicate to write back to the CPC.
I felt unlucky as many of my friends had received their AORs without any issues with the same set of documents I had submitted for my kid. But my application was returned because I was missing two identification documents for my kid.

Reactions: wp14

MaxHeadroom

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC since JAN 2016
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hey guys,

Can you please add me to the spreadsheet as well. Thanks in advance.

Family (2)
Presence 1200 days
Application Sent: 19 December 2019
App Delivered: 24 December
AOR: 27 February
IP ecas: Any day now. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I felt unlucky as many of my friends had received their AORs without any issues with the same set of documents I had submitted for my kid. But my application was returned because I was missing two identification documents for my kid.
Sorry to hear this, lets go on and resubmit ASAp my friend, another 2 months and you will be back on track.

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Incomplete Application received, although i had already realized my mistake a day after i sent my application, but it was too late for me, as the package was already on its way. So I called CIC and was advised to send the whole COMPLETED application again with a letter describing what had happened also the agent suggested to fill out a webform indicating the steps that I am taking. I did all that. I received a reply for the webform submission, essentially telling be that there is no record of my application yet as the have not processed it.
As i said I received my application back recently as it is incomplete. I sent another webform submission recently to again let them know about the mistake and the steps that i took to correct it, the reply has not come yet.

Advices are welcome here thanks :)
Any one has suggestion for me?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Incomplete Application received, although i had already realized my mistake a day after i sent my application, but it was too late for me, as the package was already on its way. So I called CIC and was advised to send the whole COMPLETED application again with a letter describing what had happened also the agent suggested to fill out a webform indicating the steps that I am taking. I did all that. I received a reply for the webform submission, essentially telling be that there is no record of my application yet as the have not processed it.
As i said I received my application back recently as it is incomplete. I sent another webform submission recently to again let them know about the mistake and the steps that i took to correct it, the reply has not come yet.

Advices are welcome here thanks :)
What exactly was the problem? What did you miss?

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
What exactly was the problem? What did you miss?
missed to fill out section 12b for income tax filing for the last 5 years. For some reason i kept on assuming that providing them with my SIN is enough. but i corrected the mistake and sent the completed one in few days.

stevenliang

Mar 19, 2019
Please update my status. Thanks
Name: Steven
Family size: Single
Physical Presence: 1100
App Sent: Dec 9th, 2019
App Delivered: Dec 12th
AOR March 2nd

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I feel like till the time you get In Process your application status still hangs in the balance of acceptance vs rejection. I was reading about it online In process is when your application is sent to the local office and they check that all documents are correct. Before that, your application can be rejected. I have got AOR but I am just a little bit skeptical about In process. Is my understanding correct?

Reactions: ott-613

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
I feel like till the time you get In Process your application status still hangs in the balance of acceptance vs rejection. I was reading about it online In process is when your application is sent to the local office and they check that all documents are correct. Before that, your application can be rejected. I have got AOR but I am just a little bit skeptical about In process. Is my understanding correct?
this is from the CIC website :
--
When we receive your application for citizenship, we review your application to make sure you:

• answered all the questions on the form
  • sent all the required documents
  • paid the fees

If you did, we send you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter. That means your application is ready to be processed. Your unique client identifier (UCI) is in the AOR letter.

If your application is missing information, documents or the fee receipt, we won’t accept your application and we’ll send it back to you. Once you get the missing information, you can resubmit your application.

--

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

my understanding that QoR means they got the right documents, it might take long time for In-process, sometimes in the tracking sheet i have seen 44 days till it moved to In-process. if they need more documents they will contact you, but i dont think they will reject after AOR. i hope this is the case.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
missed to fill out section 12b for income tax filing for the last 5 years. For some reason i kept on assuming that providing them with my SIN is enough. but i corrected the mistake and sent the completed one in few days.
How long it took to get the response on your first Webform request? Though I had submitted all the documents for my kid, I still didn't understand what can possibly be the second identification document.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
How long it took to get the response on your first Webform request? Though I had submitted all the documents for my kid, I still didn't understand what can possibly be the second identification document.
School report card/ health card. Since they dont accept PR card, birth cert., landing paper as 2nd ID doc.

Reactions: kunishsa

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
So funny, once again I can edit this spreadsheet on my own...not sure what's going on lol

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
So if mine says IN PROCESS it should be fine? They usually don't even send AORs if there is a problem....from what I've heard.